Payment Model?

What is the payment model for this game?

So far, this is looking like a superior alternative to Diablo 3 for me (I'm still downloading the client - haven't actually played yet), but I'm slightly concerned about the possibility of it being P2W.

of course, they need to raise capital somehow, and if the game is good, then I intend to contribute in any way I can.

I just don't like P2W games, because they invite the worst kind of player (the one's who rely on daddy's wallet more than their own skill).
Grinding Gear Games is not intending on making Path of Exile pay-to-win, in fact, they're trying their very best not to.

The item store will sell cosmetic items, like pet-kiwi's, color changers, animations, extra stash tabs & character slots. But none of these give you a distinct advantage in-game. While people say buying extra stash tabs is pay-to-win, i doubt it, as you are free to make a second account if you fill your first stash, it's more for convenience sake.

GGG will also sell, or hire out (Not sure which one of the two ) custom leagues with specific sets of rules, but there'll be more information on this in the future.

In short: Path of Exile will not be pay-to-win, you can't buy experience, weapons/armor/any equippables in the store,
only pets which do nothing but follow you, animations and alternate spell effects/animations, like blue fireballs and all that, it won't affect in-game stats, just how the skill looks..
Shoep - Default league Ranger
Peohs - Any other class or character i play.
Jhuvik - My Marauder
Merialeth - My witch
"
iPan wrote:
What is the payment model for this game?

So far, this is looking like a superior alternative to Diablo 3 for me (I'm still downloading the client - haven't actually played yet), but I'm slightly concerned about the possibility of it being P2W.

of course, they need to raise capital somehow, and if the game is good, then I intend to contribute in any way I can.

I just don't like P2W games, because they invite the worst kind of player (the one's who rely on daddy's wallet more than their own skill).

Hi.

http://www.pathofexile.com/search/results/cash+shop/search-within/forumposts-forumthreads
Excellent - my question's been answered.

This thread can be lost to entropy, locked, or deleted now.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Can't wait to see everyone in game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info