[3.16] CoC Ice Nova Build | Occultist | Scourge | Path of Exile 3.16

Hey guys, here is my take on cast on crit ice nova build after the changes. I didn't wanna update the old videos because I had to test it first and solve mana issues. I manage to do that with a few changes. Everything you need to know about build is in the video or in the description. Please let me know if I missed anything. Enjoy.

Build Cost
- Medium Budget: 10-50 ex

Before asking a question please read.

Mana: We have another thing to deal with after the changes and it's mana costs. How do I sustain mana?
- Non-Channelling Skills have # to Total Mana Cost mod on rings
- # Mana gained for each Enemy Hit by your Spells mod on one ring
- You can also use "Replica Conqueror's Efficiency" to get -9 mana cost if you need it.

Critical Strike Chance: Aim for %100 crit chance.
How can I get crit chance?
- Power charges (Try to get +1 from helmet)
- Diamond Flask, Cinderswallow with crit chance mod, Bottled Faith
- Inspiration charges
- Precision, Ice Golem
- Jewels

Cooldown recovery: We need at least %14 for this build.
How can I get cdr?
- Awakened Cast on Critical (minimum lvl 3)
- Shaper/Crusader belt
- Shaper/Crusader boots

Accuracy: We need %100 hit chance.
I got flat accuracy from helmet and one ring. Also using level 21 precision.

With 14% cooldown recovery optimal aps for cyclone is 7.57. Don't go over it.

If you wanna play with more or less attack speed check out the link: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/e5pyr8/the_cyclone_cast_on_critical_strike_cooldown/

Leveling: I leveled up with new skill eye of winter/ice spear.
You can find leveling gems and trees in the video.

Militant Faith: Dominus to get Inner Conviction keystone. Try to get at least one of these mods:
- 4% increased Elemental Damage per 10 Devotion
- 4% increased Area Damage per 10 Devotion

How do I generate power charge on bosses?
When we spend 200 mana we get a power charge so we keep spamming vortex and cyclone before the fight started.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/cNfzXJV7

Build Video: https://youtu.be/n0OMFP3gDuE

Bandits: Kill All (Alira is fine too)

3.16 CHANGES:
- Prism Guardian now grants “Socketed Gems have 30% increased Reservation Efficiency”, instead of “Socketed Gems have 25% reduced Reservation”.

(Footage is from 3.15)

Gear:

Gem Setup:

Cyclone - Awakened Cast On Critical Strike - Vaal Ice Nova - Inspiration - Increased Critical Strikes - Awakened Added Cold Damage

Vortex - Arcane Surge (Lvl 4) - Bonechill - Unbound Ailments

Immortal Call (Lvl 3) - Cast when Damage Taken (Lvl 1) / Precision / Flame Dash

Herald of Ice - Frostbite - Blasphemy - Enlighten (3 lvl is enough)

Prism Guardian:
Zealotry / Hatred / Vaal Discipline

Cospri's Malice:
Frostbolt / Ice Nova / Frost Bomb
Last edited by wishdropper on Oct 23, 2021, 6:06:36 AM
Last bumped on Feb 26, 2022, 10:29:08 AM
Why occultist over assassin?
i get one shot in maps A LOT. what are our layers of defence besides the 7k ES?
I'm not comming near 100% crit with the same items. What i'm I missing?
wouldnt it be possible to do the exact same build/tree as assassin?
Since the author seems to be too busy to answer any question, either on his youtube videos or forum posts ..... I'll do my best to answer some questions since I played a lot of CoC ice nova.

For the crit chance. I think the difference from the PoB and the ingame crit displayed on cyclone is due to assassin mark adding 1.8 base crit chance on the marked ennemies. Which might get the build from 75% crit to 100 on the marked ennemies.

The surivability is lacking against one shots (especially against the expedition monsters, which tend to one shot most builds). I will be hard to add more defenses on this version. A way to make the build tankier would be to switch to a CI/block version (there are very good 1.14 builds for assassins, you can just use the same items and keep this tree, tweeking it a little)

The issue with the CI/block version is that I don't see any in POE.ninja. Which means that the items will be very rare and the build might not even viable anymore.

I'll be happy to ansewer any question about CoC ice nova. (please don't juge my profile I'm kinda broke this league)

Edit : An easy and kind of cheap way to enhance teh survivability is to use a ES on hit watcher's eye (discipline) which makes you almost immortal to anything that doesn't one shots you
Last edited by biskotto on Aug 10, 2021, 12:56:56 PM
Where does the "How do I generate power charge on bosses?
When we spend 200 mana we get a power charge so we keep spamming vortex and cyclone before the fight started." come from? I dont get it.
"
biskotto wrote:

Edit : An easy and kind of cheap way to enhance teh survivability is to use a ES on hit watcher's eye (discipline) which makes you almost immortal to anything that doesn't one shots you

there just one eye for 45ex xD

Also, I dont understand where the author has this from: "Where does the "How do I generate power charge on bosses?
When we spend 200 mana we get a power charge so we keep spamming vortex and cyclone before the fight started."
"
biskotto wrote:

Also, I dont understand where the author has this from: "Where does the "How do I generate power charge on bosses?
When we spend 200 mana we get a power charge so we keep spamming vortex and cyclone before the fight started."

From occultist ascendancy
POB says i have 7.37 trigger rate, and 7.17 effective trigger rate
but in author pob he has just 7.37
How do i fix it
First time playing CoC
Last edited by Molstam on Aug 11, 2021, 3:47:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info