Lancing Steel + The Saviour crashes

Hello,

i'm playing with "Lancing Steel" and using "The Saviour Legion Sword". On every large group of monsters if I do a critical strike with "Call of Steel" and proc the clones, the sound bugs out and I almost always crash or drop to 2fps.

The only solution for now is to edit the config file to "sound_effects_volume2=false". That way I don't have any issues at all, but have to play without sound effects which feels really bad.

Any other solution?
Last bumped on Aug 24, 2021, 11:02:38 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Hey, I'm having the exact same issue as you with the Saviour and Call of Steel (I'm using Shattering Steel though). The game crashes to desktop with audio crackling and once or twice with an error message. I've tried PackCheck.exe, reinstalling the game, testing my RAM for stability overnight, removing a recent Windows Update but nothing helped.

I didn't realize it was the Saviour causing the issue but it makes perfect sense because the crashes started two days ago when I started using the sword.

"
Faulting application name: PathOfExile.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x610337f8
Faulting module name: PathOfExile.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x610337f8
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000d8659c
Faulting process ID: 0x7cc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7872ff3fb11ef
Faulting application path: C:\Video Games\Path of Exile\PathOfExile.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Video Games\Path of Exile\PathOfExile.exe
Report ID: 592c0836-6f0e-4e6f-9a61-5774d0ead8b2

"
Faulting application name: PathOfExile.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x610337f8
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1110, time stamp: 0xe7a22463
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000ff259
Faulting process ID: 0x34dc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d787159a9d7bdc
Faulting application path: C:\Video Games\Path of Exile\PathOfExile.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report ID: ed2f03b8-9b57-48c7-be27-2f9329331513

I do want to emphasize that after editing the config file the game runs better than ever. But unfortunately without any sound effects. I hope this will be fixed asap.
FWIW I tried disabling sound through config and with the --nosound command but I still crash constantly when using the sword (at least twice per map). As soon as I unequip it I don't crash anymore.

I noticed that there is no evidence of a crash in the Client.txt log file like with crashes I've experienced in the past.

Also worth noting that The Saviour caused instance crashes when introduced in 3.9 and even server performance issues in 3.10, enough that they had to change how it interacts with strike skills in 3.11.

"
This change is required to maintain server performance, as builds using The Saviour with certain Strike skills were causing enough calculations to put noticeable strain on the servers.

Not sure why this particular interaction with call of steel is causing issues, maybe too many calculations are crashing the client?
Last edited by ribonuge on Aug 2, 2021, 7:56:28 PM
Hey ; i got the same problems here . When i play with saviour+ shaterring steel i got a reccurent crash with no error message + no sound bug. My game just close up and that all. I play with lancing steel for boss ( sirus ) and same problem my game just crash. 30 mn of gameplay 15 crash. I switch with another weapon all it's fine. The problem it's the saviour for sure.
--------

So i try do play with the other steel speel ; splitting steel all it's fine

I hope they gonna read us and try to fix it cause i don't want create a new build or something .
Last edited by yelloowpook12 on Aug 3, 2021, 3:00:08 PM
Ok we can be sure now ; they totaly dosn't care about this report. Probably gonna reroll or do something cause it's unplayed . So happy to play so much time for finaly delete my character . HUGE GAMER EXPERIENCE
"
Alzander2k wrote:
Hello,

i'm playing with "Lancing Steel" and using "The Saviour Legion Sword". On every large group of monsters if I do a critical strike with "Call of Steel" and proc the clones, the sound bugs out and I almost always crash or drop to 2fps.

The only solution for now is to edit the config file to "sound_effects_volume2=false". That way I don't have any issues at all, but have to play without sound effects which feels really bad.

Any other solution?

Thanks for your report, we're looking into this.
"
Jatin_GGG wrote:
"
Alzander2k wrote:
Hello,

Any other solution?

Thank you. If you need any further information let me know.
Yep, same here. Used Shattering Steel + Saviour and was crashing multiple times per map. Tried measures like switching DirectX to Vulkan and vice versa, lowering graphics, turning off most audio settings to "false", in the end my fix was not using Saviour. LOL switched to shield now and haven't crashed since. Tried to switch back to Saviour earlier today to 'verify', and yes few mobs in to the map and I crashed. RIP, I loved the shattering steel helmet enchant
Last edited by UltraCrumb on Aug 4, 2021, 1:14:00 PM
"
Jatin_GGG wrote:
"
Alzander2k wrote:
Hello,

Any other solution?

So is this fixed with the comming update or will this still be there? Cause not being able to use it when it is pretty important this league for my build is very annoying and not fun.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info