[3.15] Eye of Winter ES/LL Self-Cast Occultist

I'm glad you all are enjoying the build.

I'm not a full time streamer or anything, I used to a couple years ago but I might hop on Twitch from time to time just so people can see the build in action.
IGN: Arkon_Melee_LoL

https://www.twitch.tv/arkon9944
Im just a noob that wanted to try something new, so Im slowly progressing through a similar build inspired by yours and few others.

So far Im only lvl 72 with 1.5k HP and 3.3k HP ES, but unless I die in Alva missions or during Expedition encounter, im doing pretty decent so far. I just started mapping so doing yellow t2 maps now, but I really like the build so far.

Only problem is Players have Elemental Equilibrium mod + some naturally Cold Resistant mobs... Once I had Expedition Encounter where I literally did 0 damage to the mobs.

Im using Vaal Summon Skeletons sometimes to tank the mobs so I can spam my EoW more easily.

But I have an extremely cheap version of the build so far so I lack the auras etc. Im looking forward to see how the build will develop with more currency.

So far Im saving for Thread of Hope and a 6L body
"
manwecz wrote:
Im just a noob that wanted to try something new, so Im slowly progressing through a similar build inspired by yours and few others.

So far Im only lvl 72 with 1.5k HP and 3.3k HP ES, but unless I die in Alva missions or during Expedition encounter, im doing pretty decent so far. I just started mapping so doing yellow t2 maps now, but I really like the build so far.

Only problem is Players have Elemental Equilibrium mod + some naturally Cold Resistant mobs... Once I had Expedition Encounter where I literally did 0 damage to the mobs.

Im using Vaal Summon Skeletons sometimes to tank the mobs so I can spam my EoW more easily.

But I have an extremely cheap version of the build so far so I lack the auras etc. Im looking forward to see how the build will develop with more currency.

So far Im saving for Thread of Hope and a 6L body

If you're using Summon Skeles as a barrier between you and the monsters then you're using Hydrosphere wrong. Moving the bubble on top of a pack of monsters will freeze it all very easily. Get more comfortable using Hydrosphere because on higher tier maps it's amazing in Expedition mechanics.

Im doing that, but sometimes the monsters just wont freeze, especially runic/rare mobs.

Anyways I just switched to have Hextouch + Frostbite on Hydrosphere and its amazing!

Need to get a ring with Frostbite, but so far didnt manage to get one.

Need so much stuff :D
Last edited by manwecz on Aug 4, 2021, 4:55:50 AM
My char is stuttering every time I try to cast an eye of winter ( casting it 3 times). Doesn't that annoy you? ;p
Hi!
So i finally switched to LL.
I gotta say its way better like that. Damage went up, and skitterbots is a really nice QoL feature as it chills ennemies without my own intervention.
I went for Zealot's Oath tho, and got some %regen on cluster passives for more survivability, and went stone golem too.
I only have 6k ES so build still feel kinda squishy but that's still an improvement.
I'm still wondering where do you get your 50% evade chance on pob tho?
"
Tombreaver wrote:
Hi!
I'm still wondering where do you get your 50% evade chance on pob tho?

Fixed. I must've clicked Enemy is Blinded at some point and didn't notice lol.

Which path(s) do you take in the Occultist tree first? I'm guessing the Power Charge one, but I could be very wrong...
The power one is the first you should be taking. it made leveling very easy after taking it.
Also since flat damage adds to each shard, i guess we should stack as muc has possible? maybe even replace hatred with wrath? we dont scale too much %cold anyways
"
DarkenX wrote:
Which path(s) do you take in the Occultist tree first? I'm guessing the Power Charge one, but I could be very wrong...

Void Beacon > Frigid Wake > Forbidden Power > Malediction

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info