[3.15] Self Chill/Poison | Viper Strike Crit Based Raider| Cheap League Starter Fast Mapper |

Due to the buff of Poison Damage, the buff to nightblade support and the fact that I love Self-child builds and crit builds, I decided to do this build.

Pros:
-Only requires a few uniques that are cheap at the start of every league.
-Self-Chill (Fastest than a normal strike build)
-Can do annoying mods on maps (reflect included)
-Full dodge and chill enemies as defense layers.
-Can abuse sextant poison mods if you decide to farm high end content.
-Chaos Res is Easy to cap due to the golden rule and the self poison.
Cons:
-Low life pool.
-Melee strike builds is not for everyone.
-Requires to dodge manually some rippy bosses mechanics.

HOW THE SELF CHILL/POISON WORKS?

-Due to the Golden Rule, every poison we apply is reflected to us, we use the Unique Item Maw of Conquest to be unnafected by poison, this means we can still get poison of us but it will deal 0 damage, we use Icefang Orbit Ring to be chilled while we are poisoned and Winterveave Ring to reverse the effect of chill.

WHY RAIDER OVER PATHFINDER?

-This is more a personally prefference due to the device I play, If you play in a good device with 0 lag I recommend you to change to Pathfinder, you will get more DAMAGE but you will get less Dodge and need to replace the Bino's and change some dagger passives to claw passives.

IF I PLAY AS A RAIDER CAN I GET AILMENT INMUNITY?

-Getting Ailment inmunity as far as I know will prevent the self-chill, but you can Easily get to 90% ailment evasion.

THIS BUILD CAN CARRY ME THROUGH RED MAPS AND HIGH ENDGAME?

I dare to say yes, I never get one shooted (currently 3.3k life) Im in red maps and I can KILL everything easily, adding the fact that Im using Ancestrall Call for mapping and bossing it feels like im doing all with a 5l.
And for high end game content you will need to know the boss mechanincs

CAN I MIN-MAX THIS BUILD?
-Yes
-If this post get a lot of interaction I can do a step by step guide and a high end game guide.

ANTI FREEZE-CHILL FLASK

-This is a Issue that can be fixed with investment, due to the recently buff to arctic armour, you can get freeze inmune and being more tanky, but you need a helmet with malevolence reduced mana reservation.

IS THIS A GOOD BUILD AS A LEAGUE STARTER?
-Yes, due nobody cares about poison stuff and you can get viper stike very early, anyways you can clear with pestilent strike then change to viper strike for bossing(in acts, for maps we use Bino's poison poliferation, in adittion, the uniques that we require for the self chill/poison are extremely cheap(I bought them at the 2nd-3rd day of the league being the winterweave the expensive one-11 chaos-) the rest of the gear are rare gear with resistance and life.

HOW I CAN DO ANNYOING MAP MODS?
-Simple, when you get no leech mods or no regen, only swap one flask for a mana flask, when you get phys reflect try to not hit so fast.

My current POB: https://pastebin.com/DXi5zeA2

Last edited by CrisP69 on Jul 29, 2021, 8:15:08 AM
Last bumped on Sep 22, 2021, 11:33:38 PM
Video?
it looks very interesting, but because im not very strong in poe, i am repelled by the fact that there are no step-by-step instructions from act 1 to a complete set. Sry for my english.
Hey!

I am doing one as occultist, but I'm unable to keep the self chill up at all times, even with less than 100 poisons on me (using golden rule). Am I doing something wrong?
U r not having chill probably for the flask
Last edited by CrisP69 on Aug 16, 2021, 3:05:31 PM
"
macacodoido32 wrote:
Hey!

I am doing one as occultist, but I'm unable to keep the self chill up at all times, even with less than 100 poisons on me (using golden rule). Am I doing something wrong?

probably for ur flasks
By the way instead of using Bisco you can use arakaali's fang, it duplicates your dps, because each spider apply poison so it boost the growing agony damage. Also it is really easy to them to apply wither.
Arggg
Last edited by Dairkon on Aug 20, 2021, 10:35:42 AM
How are you gaining elusive on the build?
In your PoB you have the Increased Critical Damage gem in Weapon 2 (the Damnation Stinger, Imperial Skean) but it doesn't seem to be linked to anything.

Also, that weapon has a +1 to Level of Socketed Melee Gems mod, but there don't seem to be any melee gems socketed in to it.

Are you missing a gem?

Also, why is Increased Critical Damage kept at level one?
Last edited by Nilasfedon on Sep 23, 2021, 11:46:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info