[3.16] Rage Vortex Build (League Starter and Upgraded) | Berserker | Scourge | Path of Exile 3.16

Budget Gear (First Thread)
Spoiler
Hey guys, here is my league starter. I wanted to start with a new skill and rage vortex looked very cool. When we sacrifice rage we create a ragestorm and this ragestorm gains +1 radius per 2 rage sacrificed and 5% more damage per 1 rage sacrificed. Berserker ascendancy + Redblade Banner combo is perfect for sustaining rage.

Build Cost
- Low Budget: 0-10 ex

Redblade Banner: You can equip this item at level 35. Start using rage vortex after you get this.

Rage: I had 75 maximum rage. (Could've been more)
- Crave the Slaughter, +10 rage (Ascendancy)
- Berserking, +10 rage (Skill tree)
- Replica Conqueror's Efficiency, +5 rage (Jewel)

Lethal Pride: Names or numbers don't matter. Just look for useful mods like:
- +15% to Melee Critical Strike Multiplier
- 20% increased Melee Damage
- 4% increased maximum Life
- 5% increased Effect of Fortify on you
- You take 10% reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strikes
- 30% increased Melee Critical Strike Chance
- 20% increased Physical Damage

PoB: https://pastebin.com/hYygY6Sd

Build Video: https://youtu.be/aFstwGnr9lw

Bandits: Help Alira

3.16 CHANGES:
- Sources of Fortify now grant a number of stacks of Fortification based on the percentage of the enemy's ailment threshold dealt by the hit that applied Fortify to you, with a large bonus to fortification stack generation against rare and unique monsters. You have 1% less damage taken from hits for each stack of Fortification, and Fortification lasts 5 seconds by default. Fortification from multiple melee hits or different sources stacks, up to a default cap of 20 stacks. You can only gain Fortification stacks from one hit every 0.2 seconds.

(Footage is from 3.15)

Gear:

Gem Setup:

Rage Vortex - Melee Physical Damage - Fortify - Pulverise - Brutality - Impale

Intimidating Cry - Rallying Cry - Second Wind - Lifetap

Enduring Cry - Lifetap - Dash - Second Wind

Blood and Sand / Herald of Purity / Pride / Precision (Lvl 1)

Dread Banner / Blood Rage / Berserk

Vaal Ancestral Warchief / Immortal Call (Lvl 7) - Cast when Damage Taken (Lvl 5)

Upgraded Version
Spoiler
Hey guys, here is another rage vortex build. If you remember rage vortex was my league starter and it went very well. So I decided to make an upgraded version and it's actually stronger than I expected. This is a great boss killer. Clear speed is not great but it's fine for a melee build.
Berserker ascendancy + Redblade Banner combo is perfect for sustaining rage.

Build Cost
- Medium Budget: 10-50 ex

Redblade Banner: You can equip this item at level 35. Start using rage vortex after you get this.

Rage: I have 105 maximum rage.
- Crave the Slaughter, +10 rage (Ascendancy)
- Berserking, +10 rage (Skill tree)
- Replica Conqueror's Efficiency, +5 rage (Jewel)
- Psychotic Axe, +10 rage
- Bear's Girdle, +20 rage

Lethal Pride: Names or numbers don't matter. Just look for useful mods like:
- +15% to Melee Critical Strike Multiplier
- 20% increased Melee Damage
- 4% increased maximum Life
- 5% increased Effect of Fortify on you
- You take 10% reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strikes
- 30% increased Melee Critical Strike Chance
- 20% increased Physical Damage

PoB: https://pastebin.com/uy2THDsQ

Build Video: https://youtu.be/PiquPeaBd5Q

Bandits: Help Alira

Budget Version: https://youtu.be/aFstwGnr9lw

3.16 CHANGES:
- Sources of Fortify now grant a number of stacks of Fortification based on the percentage of the enemy's ailment threshold dealt by the hit that applied Fortify to you, with a large bonus to fortification stack generation against rare and unique monsters. You have 1% less damage taken from hits for each stack of Fortification, and Fortification lasts 5 seconds by default. Fortification from multiple melee hits or different sources stacks, up to a default cap of 20 stacks. You can only gain Fortification stacks from one hit every 0.2 seconds.

(Footage is from 3.15)

Gear:

Gem Setup:

Rage Vortex - Melee Physical Damage - Fortify - Pulverise - Brutality - Impale

Intimidating Cry - Rallying Cry - Second Wind - Lifetap

Enduring Cry - Lifetap - Dash - Second Wind

Immortal Call (Lvl 1) - Cast when Damage Taken (Lvl 10) - Lifetap - Berserk

Dread Banner / Blood Rage / Vaal Ancestral Warchief

Blood and Sand / Herald of Purity / Pride
Last edited by wishdropper on Oct 19, 2021, 8:06:40 AM
Last bumped on Feb 19, 2022, 8:43:29 PM
What is the playstyle for this build? Do you have to keep an eye on your rage to warcry at a certain time for war bringer or how much do you have to micromanage them
"
Ramasama wrote:
What is the playstyle for this build? Do you have to keep an eye on your rage to warcry at a certain time for war bringer or how much do you have to micromanage them

It's not to bad terms of micromanaging it does become annoying after a while tho, if anything I'm looking at ways to use battlemage and warlords mark + stun to keep rage up.
Hey I was messing with a 2H version of rage vortex using terminus est, and I think Chainbreaker could be quite viable to help start off each area strong and help setup on bosses. I find that you don't really need to spam the skill, and the bonuses from rage keep you moving quite fast. Could be a worthwhile include.
currently im changing my last build from berserker slam to berserker rage vortex build.. and i found this build quite tanky compared to the before build.. but i have question about the weapon.. we use this weapon to the endgame boss fight or need to change?
Last edited by SarahTheOfficials on Jul 29, 2021, 9:10:17 AM
Hey, started rage vortex too this League for a bowl of fresh air.
I run it with a 2 h setup and a brass dôme, quite tanky in t13-14 maps.
I use chainbreaker and atziri foible for rage regen, might change for a Real good mana regen After.
No rage problems you're full every 1.5 sec so dont have to wait your vortex to stop to attack again.
I have several ideas for improvement, mystic bulwark, full rage with Bear girdle, Crab body.
Could test it with bleed synergy too.

Definitively a good alternative for totem, launch a planet size vortex then run in it si you're protected or jump around for 2 seconds.

No 6 links so far so i run fortify on leap slam, might just add rage support instead for added dps

I started levelling a marauder, anyway in 3.15 second wind got changed and no longer gives cd reduction to your warcries, we could try an urgent orders or something like that, what do you guys think?
"
i3lake wrote:
I started levelling a marauder, anyway in 3.15 second wind got changed and no longer gives cd reduction to your warcries, we could try an urgent orders or something like that, what do you guys think?

It was too strong before but Second Wind still BiS support gem for cries used like that.
Can somebody tell me where I lose like 2m dps?

https://pastebin.com/9WtJerAv

I copied the 'configuration' even tho I don't have the cluster and rare jewels yet, so I don't have power charges but even if I remove the cluster and rares from wishdropper's PoB he still have more than double dps.

What do I miss? My dps is nothing like in the video on same aw level, and I think I have kind of the same setup.
Last edited by pmIFiAFK on Aug 2, 2021, 6:38:44 PM
"
Can somebody tell me where I lose like 2m dps?

https://pastebin.com/9WtJerAv

I copied the 'configuration' even tho I don't have the cluster and rare jewels yet, so I don't have power charges but even if I remove the cluster and rares from wishdropper's PoB he still have more than double dps.

What do I miss? My dps is nothing like in the video on same aw level, and I think I have kind of the same setup.

You are missing some configuration settings:
1. Set main skill to Rage Storm not attack,
2. In configuration set "Amount of Rage Sacraficed?" to 5
3. check "Have you used a Warcry recently?"
4. "# of Warcraies Used Recently?" to 3.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info