My feedback on Expedition League

Alright, i gave this leaggue a shot and heres my honest take on it :

1) Buffing Health of Enemies in Act I - Feels weird to make this game harder for new players and prolonging the tutorial part of the game, instead of trying to create a steady curve into endgame.
I didnt die in act I, it was just longer for no reason. New players might die alot and leave the game. Bad change.

2) Reduced Flask charges and nerfs - Feels super bad. While not in super dense areas you're starved for charges. Movement flask low uptime sucks.
Making flasks worse should've been combined with at least making them last like 20-30 seconds, wouldve solved the flask piano on its own.
Having no immunities anymore is a massive buff to the oneshot deaths in the game. How you want to recognize the 50 different debuffs that get renewed on you every 1,1 seconds after using a flask?

3) Increased mana cost - Yeah i've taken Blood Magic, otherwise the mana cossts are just ridiculous, even with mana flasks on powertapping. Again, feels super bad, makes gameplay clunky. Killed off so many builds with trigger effects...

4) Changes to rewards - granted i didnt get into deep mapping, but ive never felt so currency starved in any league. Could just be bad luck, who knows.

5) Expedition mechanic
- Feels like heist with less rewards and extra steps during mapping. Just dull and boring, doesnt get me excited to play PoE at all. I wish you guys would get more creative with leagues.

6) New Skill Gems - Its nice to have a skill/support gem for every ascendancy, but it wouldve been even nicer to buff long unused/underpowered skills to increase variety. With all the nerfs it feels more limiting than ever.

7) Nerfs to movement skills
- this one is just mind boggling. Yes, please make movement in this game feel even worse in combination with flask nerfs...such thrilling gameplay. Just...why?

8) Nerfs to defenses - Flasks, Fortify, Immunity...just making the game harder with nothing to offset the changes in the past leagues were you made monsters more and more deadly. Id love slower gameplay if it meant less oneshot deaths. But you did nothing to address that. ???

I was running a SST Bleed Gladi to go for high tankiness and yes theres a ton of room to upgrade and level my character. I have no doubt i could get into red maps and crush them, but gameplay just feels so much worse now that its just not fun.
And im not even at the point where my character is good at mapping but sucks at endgame bossing, because reasons... ( Cant expect to do everything with one char? Why? I never understood that in all my time playing PoE...THAT is bad game design. You either have bosskiller or mapper).

I'm no game dev and i'm not telling you what to do, those were just my experiences this league.

Thats my shortest league since i started PoE i think? Cant remember one that turned me away this fast.

Hope the next league will be amazing. Still love PoE!
Last edited by Marthuk on Jul 25, 2021, 5:30:57 PM
Last bumped on Jul 25, 2021, 5:10:48 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info