🌀 Velyna's Cold Reap Elementalist 🌀 Leaguestart | Ez 3 Button Gameplay | Freeze Everything

"
Bethrezhen wrote:
Good day Velyna.

I would like to ask a perhaps stupid question about the Reap link if I may. Trying to incorporate your Reap link into a totally different build (aura stacker by Jix) and convert all the phys dmg to lightning dmg through support gem + watcher's eye and while doing research on how these things actually work and what links should I use for Reap in that build, ran into a statement on wiki that Converted damage does not apply to damage over time. Is this an error on the wiki since it references a very old source? Or is it because Reap's DOT is not actually a "bleed" as far as I understand, and thus it benefits from both dmg conversion AND critical strikes?

Thank you very much for any help on this.

I think that just means you cant convert phys over time into cold over time? Doesnt matter here as we dont scale the degen anyway.
https://www.twitch.tv/velyna
"
Velyna wrote:

I think that just means you cant convert phys over time into cold over time? Doesnt matter here as we dont scale the degen anyway.

Oh ok thank you, I thought that Hypothermia was for this purpose since it increases cold dot dmg.
Is there an alternative way to play this build without hrimsorrow?
I know it's needed for the cold conversion, but I really just don't like the item.

Thanks!
Sorry I'm still learning the game so this is probably a newb question but I see in the End Game POB, one hand (I think the shield) has Cast When Damage Taken at Level 1. That I understand for the quick trigger. What I don't understand is the other hand (I would guess the wand), has CWDT, Immortal Call, and Increased Duration all at Level 20. I figure I can understand why Immortal Call and Increased Duration at Level 20, but having CWDT at Level 20 seems like it would take forever to trigger the Immortal Call skill that you are trying to use for defense. I would think you would want it to trigger much sooner. I don't really know how long the wait time is at Level 20 to be honest, I am just about to pick up the skill. I didn't want to pick it up and let it level up when I really should have stopped it leveling right away or soon after I got it. What am I not catching here? lol. Thanks for the write up by the way. I am loving this playstyle.
"
beodawn1 wrote:
Sorry I'm still learning the game so this is probably a newb question but I see in the End Game POB, one hand (I think the shield) has Cast When Damage Taken at Level 1. That I understand for the quick trigger. What I don't understand is the other hand (I would guess the wand), has CWDT, Immortal Call, and Increased Duration all at Level 20. I figure I can understand why Immortal Call and Increased Duration at Level 20, but having CWDT at Level 20 seems like it would take forever to trigger the Immortal Call skill that you are trying to use for defense. I would think you would want it to trigger much sooner. I don't really know how long the wait time is at Level 20 to be honest, I am just about to pick up the skill. I didn't want to pick it up and let it level up when I really should have stopped it leveling right away or soon after I got it. What am I not catching here? lol. Thanks for the write up by the way. I am loving this playstyle.

Sometimes people run under level 20 if their HP pool is low, that's really the limiting factor not cooldown. Levels on IC are pretty nice since they increased the phys damage reduction.
https://www.twitch.tv/velyna
Ahh okay. Thank you for teaching me something new. I appreciate it.
Hello again,

A question about Infused Channeling which I am sure you have heard but I have not found a definitive answer to about.

From what I have read, recent changes to Infused Channeling have made it so that it does not work with totems at all, not even benefits to spell damage boosts.

Is that true? If so, is there a reason to use it with Holy Flame Totem?

If there is no reason to use it, is there another gem that you can suggest to use in it's place? I am currently on the Leaguestarter tree of the POB.

I am growing Reap, Vitality, etc. on wands on my second weapon skill line so they are ready for when I want to swap over to them.

I am currently level 50 but just reached Act 2 easily.
Hi, this is probably a stupid question: If I am converting all my physical damage to cold will using an aura like pride be useless?
So I started this build back at league start. I work a lot so dont have much time to play. I am currently lvl 83 with Merc Lab completed. This build is amazingly fun. Anyone can do this and have lots of quality fun playing time. This is the best mage i've played in a long time.

I'm demolishing maps and getting bonus completed. I can easily do missions from Einhart to Zana. I have (+95%) to resistances with current gear, i just want better gear at this point. It is easy game play and stress free.If you havent followed a build I really recommend this one.

Velyna keep the builds coming!!!!
<3 and +5 bump up
The Morgawr
Divine Supporter
Last edited by The_Morgawr on Sep 7, 2021, 2:31:47 PM
Can't seem to cast Grace, have all of the gem with the same level and all.

Also why is wave of conviction, tempest shield and cast when damage taken is lvl 1

Edit: Lacking Unatural Instinct Jewel XD
Last edited by mcace14 on Sep 10, 2021, 5:11:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info