Game Balance in Path of Exile: Expedition

"
a_z0_9 wrote:
"
so we'll be keeping a very close eye on feedback!

"

Buffs to Underperforming Skills
"
The rotation speed of Flamethrower Trap no longer scales with increases to cast speed. It can no longer be modified.
this is a buff
"
Flame Dash's cast time is now 0.8s (from 0.7s)
but it's actually 0.95sec because there are 2 server sync frames you've shitcoded-in 2 leagues ago. You clearly don't want player to enjoy the flow of the game.
"
Icestorm
is still non-usable crap. Do you even realize how it works?
"
We want to provide new avenues
And as always you forgot to provide 40 more skillpoints for players in order to being able to utilize 5%x10 nodes you've spreaded in a thin layer across the tree.
"
as mana builds using Archmage were very strong, both offensively and defensively.
So first you forcing down the players throat a damn archetype that is so ridiculously limited and non-fllexible that the only reson to use it is its damage and built-in survivability and now you nerfing your own creation, for what? you should stop this bdsm games with playerbase.
"
Focus's cooldown no longer expires while it's active
and that's it? no cooldown reduction? are you kidding?!

[Removed by Support]

I hope Kane_GGG at least read the criticism he removed.
Eh, good meta shake-up. Will be interesting to league start and experience the added difficulty.

Expecting the full patch notes.
Overall feels pretty good stuff. I never liked the piano flasks nor did I like builds rely on really powerful flasks like Bottled Faith.

Auto ailment removal on flasks is insane just wondering how hard it will be to gain those charges, might be time to spec into flasks a bit.

Corrupted Blood and Curse removal or capping on tree seems pretty nice too.

PS! The Ailment information is great BUT have it a bigger icon or something so I could actually see it with 20+ other icons on my screen in a fight

ALSO.... RIP AISLING MODS lolool
Mathils actual cat
Last edited by HDTanel on Jul 19, 2021, 8:03:28 PM
Last edited by Duster66 on Aug 1, 2021, 1:28:40 PM
Gaunlet will be even harder (and more exciting). XD

I hope jijiji will add invisible effect mtx for fortify support. :D
I am for end-game speed reduction. HH and similar 1min/map clear speed builds are absurd. I do not really see how the end game will be made slower and challenging while that garbage belt is still in the game. Not really care about some bosses like last league Trialmaster - seeing him 10 or 20 times in 3 months is kind of ridiculous.

Anyway, I am happy with drastic changes and hope those will turn great. Connecting cables like in gen 1 Harvest gives me anxiety and shivers of boredom, but maybe it will be quick. I already play Stardew Valley, I do not want to do similar content in PoE.

Keep it up and happy nerfs.
I eat cats for breakfast.
Nice cant wait time for some Cold War for the next 4 days.
Was expecting more nerfs, but this is good. Nerfs to archmage, fortify and movement skills as well as changes / nerfs to the flask system were long overdue.

Not entirely sold on the new league mechanic just yet (will withhold judgement until I play it), but the balance update and new skills are exciting.

Edit: I still think there need to be some nerfs to aurabots and HH. Not saying they don't have a place in the game or that they should be deleted, but I think these nerfs just widen the gap.
Last edited by BrettLee on Jul 19, 2021, 8:11:30 PM
Look at the bright side, headhunter is still there)
Please tell me the reduced enemy ailment threshold will also apply to stuns, cause after that seismic cry nerf stuns on endgame bossed just ain't happening otherwise.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info