3.15 Tectonic slam Totem Marauder

Hi everybody! First time trying to make a build myself.

I wanted to make Tectonic slam Totem Marauder in 3.15, so now i have a question: Tectonic slam has "+5% fissure branching chance per Endurance Charge" and "5% more Area of Effect per Endurance Charge" stats.

Will those stats work if i have the endurance charges, but totems are the ones who attack? Are there ways to give charges to totems? Is there somebody who knows or can speculate how will it work in the end?

Thanks in advance!
Last bumped on Jul 26, 2021, 3:42:15 AM
"
GD30000 wrote:

I wanted to make Tectonic slam Totem Marauder in 3.15, so now i have a question: Tectonic slam has "+5% fissure branching chance per Endurance Charge" and "5% more Area of Effect per Endurance Charge" stats.

Will those stats work if i have the endurance charges, but totems are the ones who attack? Are there ways to give charges to totems? Is there somebody who knows or can speculate how will it work in the end?

Thanks in advance!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/54074#p683293 from 2012 =)

"

That one. More generally, any charge or buff on a totem that affects skill use doesn't work, because the totem is using your skills, which run off your stats (affected by your buffs), rather than its own.

Buffs and charges on totems which affect things other than skill use work fine, which is why endurance charges work on totems.

Because a totem can never utilise frenzy or power charges on itself, gaining them is disabled for totems. I would not be surprised if in future totems couldn't gain endurance charges either for consistency.

Basically, totems use your stats when using your skills, and use their own stats for things that aren't skills (being hit, etc). I did a more eloquent and in-depth explanation elsewhere on the forums a while back, but can't find it at the moment and I'm tired enough that I'm not going to go looking really hard right now. Really interested parties are welcome to dig through my post history.

It turns out the consume will not work?
Thank you very much for this answer! now i know the build will work

im realy intrested in tectonic slam chieftain totem build

anyone a plan how the build could look ?

in the intro, it shows that the tester have 8 enduring charges, but do you realy need that much ?

caus if you have like 4 totems, its already a big aoe

im thinking about something like this for the tree: https://poeplanner.com/AQACABIAAQMAcwDcASACdQOgBl8MzBDhEiAUbxbXGD4abBpqHqokLikTKtItnjGSNcU26TbhOls8_D2gQKFExEo9S-NNR1ClUw1XY1jlWPNZK1oTXl1eBF8_XyFhhGSjZFRmnmabZ2Voqm47bw9yqXLjdw14aHkge4N8uHyyf_OD74TPjM6R0JJvlGyWY52unT6f6qLyo1emCKeUp26pqqyNrRKuPq7TtPK1GsAEwSXB9sSqxq7G2MZ-z_3RIdIk2L3YYNlh2bPeauNR5O7rb-4O76LwrPFF8pvzSPau9pP4vfm1-tL6cv0K_of-j_7N_wAACAALFowX5iOze_l9frlgvWfPAwAFAf4BVHVrb2hhbWEncyBGb3J0cmVzcwAUAAAA__8G6ZsBKAC1igFkAO6AAQEAvIEBLAGAggIBAAAAkIwBAQABVooBHgAAAAFqA1RvcmNob2FrIFN0ZXAAFAAAAP__Be6QAXgA75sBMgAUkwEZAFuWATIA8JsBGQAAAAABHQFDaW5kZXJzd2FsbG93IFVybgAUAAAA__8Fi4cBAQAqhgEKAFeUAQMAWJQBAwBWlAEDAAE3hwAAAAEkAVJ1bWkncyBDb25jb2N0aW9uABQAAAD__wJrggEUAFmVAQoAATmHAAAAAWsAQmxvb2Qgb2YgdGhlIEthcnVpABQAAAD__wMehwFkAC6HARQAwI4BZAABQocAAAD_AP______Af____8EAwL__wAAAgAAAAMA_____________wAAAAAA

Uniques: Tukohama's Fortress and Torchoak Step

Thinking on using Petrified Blood and new banner for more survivability
"
Shargiw wrote:
"
GD30000 wrote:

Thanks in advance!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/54074#p683293 from 2012 =)

"

That one. More generally, any charge or buff on a totem that affects skill use doesn't work, because the totem is using your skills, which run off your stats (affected by your buffs), rather than its own.

Buffs and charges on totems which affect things other than skill use work fine, which is why endurance charges work on totems.

Because a totem can never utilise frenzy or power charges on itself, gaining them is disabled for totems. I would not be surprised if in future totems couldn't gain endurance charges either for consistency.

Basically, totems use your stats when using your skills, and use their own stats for things that aren't skills (being hit, etc). I did a more eloquent and in-depth explanation elsewhere on the forums a while back, but can't find it at the moment and I'm tired enough that I'm not going to go looking really hard right now. Really interested parties are welcome to dig through my post history.

It turns out the consume will not work?

So totem tectonic will benefit from charges you have but not consume them, or totem get the damage reduction effect from the charges but doesnt work with tectonic? not very clear.
IGN: Raise_Ur_Donger
posted in the wrong thread
Last edited by Jeromeo on Jul 20, 2021, 11:45:55 PM
"
GD30000 wrote:
im thinking about something like this for the tree: https://poeplanner.com/AQACABIAAQMAcwDcASACdQOgBl8MzBDhEiAUbxbXGD4abBpqHqokLikTKtItnjGSNcU26TbhOls8_D2gQKFExEo9S-NNR1ClUw1XY1jlWPNZK1oTXl1eBF8_XyFhhGSjZFRmnmabZ2Voqm47bw9yqXLjdw14aHkge4N8uHyyf_OD74TPjM6R0JJvlGyWY52unT6f6qLyo1emCKeUp26pqqyNrRKuPq7TtPK1GsAEwSXB9sSqxq7G2MZ-z_3RIdIk2L3YYNlh2bPeauNR5O7rb-4O76LwrPFF8pvzSPau9pP4vfm1-tL6cv0K_of-j_7N_wAACAALFowX5iOze_l9frlgvWfPAwAFAf4BVHVrb2hhbWEncyBGb3J0cmVzcwAUAAAA__8G6ZsBKAC1igFkAO6AAQEAvIEBLAGAggIBAAAAkIwBAQABVooBHgAAAAFqA1RvcmNob2FrIFN0ZXAAFAAAAP__Be6QAXgA75sBMgAUkwEZAFuWATIA8JsBGQAAAAABHQFDaW5kZXJzd2FsbG93IFVybgAUAAAA__8Fi4cBAQAqhgEKAFeUAQMAWJQBAwBWlAEDAAE3hwAAAAEkAVJ1bWkncyBDb25jb2N0aW9uABQAAAD__wJrggEUAFmVAQoAATmHAAAAAWsAQmxvb2Qgb2YgdGhlIEthcnVpABQAAAD__wMehwFkAC6HARQAwI4BZAABQocAAAD_AP______Af____8EAwL__wAAAgAAAAMA_____________wAAAAAA

Uniques: Tukohama's Fortress and Torchoak Step

Thinking on using Petrified Blood and new banner for more survivability

A big fan of this.
How about do a build based on ice crash totems since the skill got nice buff, and its also slam?
very interested in this :) . If only i could find a more detailed one like act by act . This will most likely be my starter

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info