[PlayStation] 3.14.3 Patch Notes

I'm not entirely sure what the hell happened with this patch, but so far my loading times have doubled and a lot of textures just aren't loading in. Invisible Envoy was funny, but invisible shocked ground with only the particle effect showing was very much not funny.

I am on a PS5, there's no reason it should take 30 seconds to load a map, and only partially at that.

Edit: Confirmed with Global Chat that this is something everyone is experiencing. Please fix soon.

"Don't make me wait!"
Ice Shot Deadeye 'till the day I die
Last edited by ComradeAlis on Jul 15, 2021, 12:18:16 AM
PS5 here.

I noticed new issues, primarily:

Asset's popping in. When porting to a new zone, lots of meshes are missing (waypoint, trees, etc). This is very noticeable in harvest, where the monsters will be invisible for a while then suddenly pop in. It was not like this last version.

Wow, the bug report forum is a massacre.

I feel really lucky the game is still playable for me.

I am experiencing the texture pop-in described by some people, but that's about it.

Oh, I'm on PS5, in case anyone is tracking this stuff.
Last edited by QQPQ on Jul 15, 2021, 2:59:28 PM
"
I'm not entirely sure what the hell happened with this patch, but so far my loading times have doubled and a lot of textures just aren't loading in. Invisible Envoy was funny, but invisible shocked ground with only the particle effect showing was very much not funny.

I am on a PS5, there's no reason it should take 30 seconds to load a map, and only partially at that.

Edit: Confirmed with Global Chat that this is something everyone is experiencing. Please fix soon.

"Don't make me wait!"

I have been afraid to test the game the whole day becouse of this msg, thought, damn, there next league went into the drain aswell unplayable. Luckely I just fired up now and I realised it's the opposite for me luckely. What you decribed was more my pre patch experience. After loading up it all went fast and super smooth like it never done before (On ps5) Now I started to get excited again, hopefully it's not lasting for a short time... Fired up a T16 juiced Map, all went smooth and fast!. I hope it was just server issues causing you're problems earlier, just now it looks more perfect than ever for me and looking forward to next league....
"
jamillar wrote:
I hard crashed 5 times (tried three different maps) to the desktop every time I tried to enter a red map since the patch. A T1 map worked fine. Anyone else having the same issue?

The game is literally unplayable for me ever time I enter a map and meet the first mob crash. Sometimes it crashes while loading the map. I give up.
"
QQPQ wrote:
"
demonblaze0 wrote:
"
QQPQ wrote:
Does this mean we still didn't get a fix for the map reveal bug?

I've been told "we hope to have it in the next patch" for two patches in a row.

What is this map reveal bug?

It starts out as the minimap becoming fully revealed when you reenter an area you've already been in, and then proceeds to losing all minimap progress when you reenter an area you've already been to.

The primary example of "reenter an area you've already been to" is when you portal out of map (or die) and then go back into it.

Eventually it degenerates to new Custom Filters also not working.

I had this happen before it has something to do with the console I think, it’s not something a patch can fix, you just uninstall and redownload to fix
"
demonblaze0 wrote:

I had this happen before it has something to do with the console I think, it’s not something a patch can fix, you just uninstall and redownload to fix

If it had to do with the *console* reinstalling the game wouldn't fix it.

It has to do with the temporary space (on-disk cache) the game uses to store things like minimap data, custom filters, etc.

It gets overly full.

GGG has talked about it several times, both for PC and for console. The effects and solutions were different on the two platforms (because of various differences between PCs and Consoles), but it was a general problem.

And you're very wrong that it can't be fixed by a patch. It was literally fixed by this patch. The fix *may* have been temporary.

But I've played through the last 3 patches with this bug, and none of those fixed it. This one did.

And I didn't redownload the whole game.

I hate doing that, because my internet is really slow.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info