[3.24] Holy Flame Totem Scion -- League Starter -- HC / SSF viable

"
Valend_ wrote:
Anyone been playing this in Scourge yet? Wondering how it handles the new mechanic, think it would be cool to actually play a Scion for a change.

I started in HC. Got a break for a few leagues and some things are new to me. Not sure whether it's a new league thing, but I have impression that currency drops are not too often. Still don't have a full stack of transmutation orbs at Act 5. In Act 4 I couldn't afford CWDT gem without buying currency at vendor.
The build performs pretty well, but Scourge mechanics is too difficult in my opinion. Mobs started to hit really hard and drops are not so rewarding. Probably I will bid farewell soon to HC ;)

Edit: Now died :-)
Didn't care too much for resists.

Last edited by sensonio on Oct 24, 2021, 3:22:53 PM
Ok, this is my first ssfhc character. Thank you for the build, I have a couple of questions:

1. You mention this build is huge on lifesteal. I know I am missing it, but where does our lifesteal come from?

2. I am very confused about the usage of Orb of Storms. Is it to proc something?

3. Why are you so fly?

Thanks for the build! Having fun so far.
"

1. You mention this build is huge on lifesteal. I know I am missing it, but where does our lifesteal come from?

2. I am very confused about the usage of Orb of Storms. Is it to proc something?

3. Why are you so fly?

1. Life leech comes from Chieftain ascendancy. (3rd lab)

2. Orb of storms was used to proc Elemental Overload (EO), but EO got changed in 3.16, so it isn't needed anymore. Unfortunately, GGG confirmed a bug in EO right now, and it is not working for totems, although they said they are fixing it.

3. Sorry?
A point of clarification please, Is Sniper's Mark just meant for single target damage? Is it better than Flammability overall? Also, is the brand supposed to be linked to both the Mark and Flame Wall? (Just making sure about flame wall, since you mentioned placing it manually in a previous post)
Last edited by Frostie1917 on Oct 24, 2021, 6:59:17 PM
"
gui_orioli wrote:
"

3. Why are you so fly?

1. Life leech comes from Chieftain ascendancy. (3rd lab)

2. Orb of storms was used to proc Elemental Overload (EO), but EO got changed in 3.16, so it isn't needed anymore. Unfortunately, GGG confirmed a bug in EO right now, and it is not working for totems, although they said they are fixing it.

3. Sorry?

1. Ahh, thanks!

2. So, until they fix totems, I should use OOS?

3. "Fly" is an old US slang term that denotes good looks, good threads, and a sweet fade. Example: "Damn, Gina, that dude fly as hell". You could substitute "fly" for: dope, cool, awesome, bangin, straight up G, the bees knees, on point, Rico Suave, the choice of a generation, or slick.

Thanks again!
"
sensonio wrote:
"
Valend_ wrote:
Anyone been playing this in Scourge yet? Wondering how it handles the new mechanic, think it would be cool to actually play a Scion for a change.

I started in HC. Got a break for a few leagues and some things are new to me. Not sure whether it's a new league thing, but I have impression that currency drops are not too often. Still don't have a full stack of transmutation orbs at Act 5. In Act 4 I couldn't afford CWDT gem without buying currency at vendor.
The build performs pretty well, but Scourge mechanics is too difficult in my opinion. Mobs started to hit really hard and drops are not so rewarding. Probably I will bid farewell soon to HC ;)

Edit: Now died :-)
Didn't care too much for resists.

Yeah, that was my concern, the Scourge mechanic they swarm you really quickly and hit like a truck. Started with TR Champ and things still get dicey at times. Plus it's dark mobs against a dark background with a skill that's already visually very messy, I suppose the ballista help, but I like totem builds because you really don't have to see what you're shooting, so if I could make this one work that would be pretty cool especially since it's not one you see every day
Last edited by Valend_ on Oct 24, 2021, 11:31:16 PM
"
2. So, until they fix totems, I should use OOS?

Not really, OoS can't proc EO for HFT anymore. Just don't pick EO until they fix it. Bex from GGG said they are fixing it, so just wait, I guess.

"
Yeah, that was my concern, the Scourge mechanic they swarm you really quickly and hit like a truck. Started with TR Champ and things still get dicey at times. Plus it's dark mobs against a dark background with a skill that's already visually very messy, I suppose the ballista help, but I like totem builds because you really don't have to see what you're shooting, so if I could make this one work that would be pretty cool especially since it's not one you see every day

I believe the build to be very tanky and defensive, specially since all Totems now taunts due to mastery. But if you want, you can fit multiple totems + decoy totem + second wind in the build, which is a very good defensive tech against this kind of stuff. Also, make sure you get STR gear on, since armor is twice as good now, and STR armor and shields can get "reduced physical damage" on them.

"
3. "Fly" is an old US slang term that denotes good looks, good threads, and a sweet fade.

Oh, I see! Thanks! ^^
Thx for this guide. Im following it.

I have done some variations like add a cluster jewell:

8 pass. 12% increased fire dmg + prismatic heart + widespread destruction (edit: just found one better prismatic heart + disorienting display).

Playing SC lvl 85 right now.

For all, a nice belt for this build that im using:

Greetings.
Last edited by DesDeCero on Oct 26, 2021, 4:25:19 PM
I have a question.

Never played arcanist brand before (seems slow).

Just leveled 86 and bought Windshriek boots. I was using curses manual until now.

I got a few buttons free, i think to use flame wall, flammability + temporal chain (mapping) or sniper mark (bossing) and quit arcanist brand.

What do you think?

Thx
Last edited by DesDeCero on Oct 26, 2021, 4:36:07 PM
"
DesDeCero wrote:
I have a question.

Never played arcanist brand before (seems slow).

Just leveled 86 and bought Windshriek boots. I was using curses manual until now.

I got a few buttons free, i think to use flame wall, flammability + temporal chain (mapping) or sniper mark (bossing) and quit arcanist brand.

What do you think?

Thx

Sure, if you don't mind casting everything, you even get Doom for flammability, a bit extra damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info