Patch 3.14.3 - Engine Improvements Patch

in case someone else might wanna try this solution that worked for me - the last edit, Edit2

"
selcuk wrote:
right after patch hits, I opened the client it downloaded around 2.5GB update.
stuck at loading screen, never saw login screen. :(

some hours later (10h I think) I tried again, client downloaded another patch around 35MB (MB not GB) update.
game runs smoothly, the performance is actually way better. (1-5fps -> 20-30fps) :)

today (July 9th) opening PoE, it downloads around 35MB update (MB not GB).
stuck at loading screen, could not reach to login screen :(

Edit: also ran "PackCheck.exe Content.ggpk", no problem found.

Edit2: (July 11th) changing the renderer_type from DirectX11 to Vulkan solved the infinite gear spinning and now able to login;
in "production_Config.ini" file, under [DISPLAY], "renderer_type=Vulkan"

Note: since I can login again (yay!), I did not mention that fps is worse and blurry/white textures appeared again :(

Edit3: (July 12th) another update under 40MB. login successful, selecting DirectX11 does not cause infinite gear spinning anymore. I will check performance later today
Last edited by selcuk on Jul 12, 2021, 6:27:01 AM
performance feels worst after improvements patch. my girlfriend pc just freezes...
Endless Spinning Gears... AGAIN!
Last edited by taraperm on Jul 11, 2021, 7:15:08 AM
stop making "improvements" to the engine. Every new patch this year has made the game worse for me and I had no problem whatsoever playing before. The loading screens take easily 1 minute now sometimes a lot more, I cannot see the grid (road) in delve anymore, only patches of ground but I do not see where is a dead end and where the road goes deeper or sideways (on vulkan), on direct X I can see the grid but the game lags so bad that I move in frames often... the game experience for me went really low this year.
Intel Core i7 3770k 3.50 GHz
GeForce GTX 1660 ti
16 Gb DDR3 RAM

Alright, the previous perfomance patch which allowed for more vram usage was insanely good for my system. Fps stabilized, blurry textures gone. I was runnning POE with DX11 renderer, starting the client with Run as administrator option turned on (somehow this feature took away most of the stuttering).
Now Run as administrator does nothing. Huge fps drops all around, especially during ultimatums, while perfomance seems to be getting better by the end of the map. Switching to Vulkan makes the game more or less playable. Loadung times are fine, no blurry textures, but it is a bit frustrating that is was better before.
"
My VRAM bar in game just says "VRAM: N/A"

Do I need to configure something to get this to work?

GEFORCE GTX 1070 TI gpu

Does the same thing on my laptop which has a 3080 mobile.
Last edited by Nauzhror on Jul 13, 2021, 2:28:37 PM
"
Nauzhror wrote:
"
My VRAM bar in game just says "VRAM: N/A"

Do I need to configure something to get this to work?

GEFORCE GTX 1070 TI gpu

Does the same thing on my laptop which has a 3080 mobile.

Some older cards does not show,but its 'there'.
"
Loa877 wrote:
Intel Core i7 3770k 3.50 GHz
GeForce GTX 1660 ti
16 Gb DDR3 RAM

Alright, the previous perfomance patch which allowed for more vram usage was insanely good for my system. Fps stabilized, blurry textures gone. I was runnning POE with DX11 renderer, starting the client with Run as administrator option turned on (somehow this feature took away most of the stuttering).
Now Run as administrator does nothing. Huge fps drops all around, especially during ultimatums, while perfomance seems to be getting better by the end of the map. Switching to Vulkan makes the game more or less playable. Loadung times are fine, no blurry textures, but it is a bit frustrating that is was better before.

cpu is 9 years old tech.
time to upgrade
Worst performance ever after update:

My PC:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.41 GHz
RAM: 16.0 GB
GPU: Radeon RX 580
SSD WIN 10 + game installed on same drive

Game was playable before patch on cca 50-60 fps at least while mapping and stuff happening on screen.

Now I have 10-30 fps when mapping, god forbid 3 packs at the same times appears or I interact with mechanic = 5 fps.

I tried all combinations in options and even tried turning off post processing in production config file.

DX was unplayable - 2x worse fps of what I report, I switched to vulkan for first time cause I never even had to troubleshoot such problems..its a bit better but still unplayable.

rest of settings (lowest possible options):

windowed mode
resolution 1920x1017
vulkan
vsync enabled (tried to disable it, didnt help)
foreground FPS cap - again never had to fiddle with this - set to modest 60 fps
background FPS cap - set to modest 60
antialiasing - off
lighting - shadows (default) = turned off global illumination
shadow quality - low
sun shadow quality - low
number of lights - low
depth of field - disabled
water detail level - low
texture quality - medium
texture filtering - trilinear

dynamic culling - enabled
dynamic resolution - enabled
target framerate - 40
engine multithreading - enabled (verified in system, all cores evenly under load during mapping, never going higher than 30% utilization)

in-game graph marks CPU as bottleneck, being:

15 MS when walkin alone in map (no lags, 50-60 fps)
40 MS when among 1-2 monster packs (20-30 FPS game being barely playable at this pont)
100-160 MS when map starts to be more dense with monsters - 5-10 FPS unplayable...

Quitting this until GGG provides with playable FPS settings, because I feel I did all there was to try from forums advice so far..

I have a brand new i9 14gen pc with a 4070ti only POE installed with a very fast internet connection. The game still freezes when there are too many mobs on screen. This feels like an in game issue and i dont think deleting the cache will resolve it, as its fairly freshly installed and setup as the only game on there. most of the graphic settings are set to high.

I set networking mode to LOCKSTEP on advice from another player, but i still get game freezing, requiring a close of the application and relog back in.

Any other pointers? Is there a recommended POE setup list for a fairly fast setup?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info