I was cringe before it was cool

"
Turtledove wrote:
Here's my interpretation of most of Foreverhappychan's posts. He posts entertaining things but the main goal is generally to entertain himself. Although I must admit that my interpretation may be incorrectly and significantly colored by myself because that is my excuse for most of my posts.

Well, I haven't read Scrotie's response beyond the first few lines (standard practice when I find his word-strings get too lowered-brow and furrow-faced -- but I usually come back to them later when I'm feeling receptive to that particular mode) so you're probably right. If I'm not entertained, there's no point -- but apparently what I do for entertainment here entertains some others, so that's a win. ^_^

Just came back to respond to a friend in my main thread (which is not so much entertaining as energising, although I miss feeling okay putting my energy towards GGG and not against them) and say 'hi!'.

Cringe, cool? They're just two sides of the same coin collection. If you're lucky you figure out a good way to flip it...something any old MTG tragic knows all-too-well.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Jun 15, 2021, 12:49:03 AM
That , you need to interpolate anyone is your first problem. God made you perfect, as is, dont worry about other peeps and their shit posts .. includning mine,
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
God made you perfect, as is,
We are born seriously flawed, utterly dependent creatures. If there is one thing I am fundamentally and unabashedly certain of, it is that it is good to admire maturity and bad to worship childishness.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
I was going to sincerely compliment teh original post, I share some of the same jaded sentiment that seems to be coming from it

but

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Imagine actually posting this in a thread about the banality of crypto-narcissism. Yes, yes, you are simultaneously a self-depreciating cringe normie and an e-celeb whose mere attention should be considered a recognition of achievement. Whatever you say, champ. We get it already.

That response is so over the top...

I understand you are trying to be so insufferably self-aware in this post as a means to detract from the fact that you unironically called someone on the path of exile official forums a "cringe normie," but the level at which you are self-aware in a post like this makes sentences liek this

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
So what I'm going to do now is go for humility.

seem kinda weird
"
I was going to sincerely compliment teh original post, I share some of the same jaded sentiment that seems to be coming from it

but
"
you unironically called someone on the path of exile official forums a "cringe normie,"
What we have here is a bit of a disagreement. I think it's fair to say that, in the opening post of this thread, I'm calling myself a cringe normie. Or at least a bit more vulnerable to normalcy than I would have liked to believe. So it wasn't my reply that first questioned (limiting the timeline to this thread) whether a denizen of the Path of Exile forums can be a normie.

That said, I didn't really go where I wanted to go with such doubts. The idea was to question the notion that having a niche weird hobby is still weird, not to use it as a cudgel. So when you say
"
but the level at which you are self-aware in a post like this makes sentences liek this
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
So what I'm going to do now is go for humility.
seem kinda weird
well, that's fair enough.

Even with a understanding that I should be the change I want to be in the world, it's doesn't make being that change fun. More importantly, it doesn't make it feel natural. It has yet that surreal feel of the behavior which has not yet become habit — and considering that it's been some time since this thread began, that means I've been doing a shit job.

And I might be doing one now, too, because real life is calling so I'm not reading this over before submitting.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
I just thinjk the words "cringe normie" are lame out of principle
once saw an incredible hot take on twitter once about the word "cringe" tho, wish I could find it again

tbh I have been able to make somewhat of a "change" myself at purposefully tackling the serious problem of online irony by trying to remain sincere, especially in communities that align w/ my hobbies. any level of invested interest, whether it's sincere or initially performative, will still breed more sincerity imo.
Never heard of the cringe phenomenon before. You youngsters have a strange language.
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
"
The_Impeacher wrote:
Never heard of the cringe phenomenon before. You youngsters have a strange language.

Thank you for explaining it to me. I mean I don't really understand better but I at least feel better that I have company.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
The_Impeacher wrote:

Thank you for explaining it to me. I mean I don't really understand better but I at least feel better that I have company.

Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
You are the center of the universe.

Nothing to see here.
KenMan

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info