PS4 Login Issues

I was a console player (PS4) a couple years ago. I recently decided to pick this game up again, but have been unable to login for the last two weeks or so. I am on 3.14.1c, and every time I attempt to connect to the login servers nothing happens and after about 90 seconds i get the "an unexpected disconnection occurred". I have no issues playing other PS4 games online and my internet connection is solid.

What I have tried:
1. fully deleted/reinstalled game client
2. signed out of PlayStation Network and signed back in
3. restored PS licenses
4. manually set gateway to "Auto", all US servers individually, and a couple of EUR servers

My signin ID is "SuboptimalQQ", which is also my PlayStation ID.

I've done some quick Googling, and it sounds like console players have nothing but problems with POE. Is this game dead on consoles? If still supported, can I get some technical assistance with my connection issues? Thanks.
Last bumped on Jun 29, 2021, 9:27:30 PM
P.S., my profile DOES appear in the groups section in the top left corner...if that helps...
Hey POE forum lurkers - is there any chance someone from GGG actually looks at this post or should I just give up and move on? I tried emailing customer support and was told that technical support is only offered via the forums. I have no problem waiting a couple of weeks to get a response, but I see lots of posts asking for technical support over the past few months and not many replies from GGG.

Understand GGG is a small company without an army of support folks, but I've done everything right here...I have a real issue (not a complaint), I've explained my issue clearly, I've checked the common support issues thread, and I've done all the basic stuff to make sure the problem wasn't on my end. The thing is, I'm playing on a console so there's really not much I can do to mess this up. And it's not even a gameplay issue - just a basic error connecting to the login server.

By the way, I don't care if my account needs to be reset and I lose any of my old characters. I just want to be able to play the game. Oh well.
"
SuboptimalQQ wrote:
Hey POE forum lurkers - is there any chance someone from GGG actually looks at this post or should I just give up and move on? I tried emailing customer support and was told that technical support is only offered via the forums. I have no problem waiting a couple of weeks to get a response, but I see lots of posts asking for technical support over the past few months and not many replies from GGG.

Understand GGG is a small company without an army of support folks, but I've done everything right here...I have a real issue (not a complaint), I've explained my issue clearly, I've checked the common support issues thread, and I've done all the basic stuff to make sure the problem wasn't on my end. The thing is, I'm playing on a console so there's really not much I can do to mess this up. And it's not even a gameplay issue - just a basic error connecting to the login server.

By the way, I don't care if my account needs to be reset and I lose any of my old characters. I just want to be able to play the game. Oh well.

I think it would have been better for you to login to the web site using your PS4 account so GGG can directly see your account. This is done by clicking the --> Login with PS4 buttom to the right of the login box.
You are posting all this from a brand new account.... Just saying.
Not a bad idea. But after I click that link and (successfully) sign into my PS account, it just takes me back to the same POE login screen without logging me into the POE site. That's why i created a new profile to post this problem.

Again, I think there's something going on with my POE account. My PS account is fine - I can sign in to it through browsers and via other games and have no issues whatsoever.

I'll take opinions for you or anyone else - does it even matter? I'd be totally fine with an account deletion/reset, but is anyone with the power to do that (i.e. a GGG employee) ever going to review this post?

Not blaming GGG. I know they're a small company just trying to make it work, but it would be nice to know whether I should to keep coming back to check for replies or just give up and move on...

Thanks!
"
SuboptimalQQ wrote:
Not a bad idea. But after I click that link and (successfully) sign into my PS account, it just takes me back to the same POE login screen without logging me into the POE site. That's why i created a new profile to post this problem.

Again, I think there's something going on with my POE account. My PS account is fine - I can sign in to it through browsers and via other games and have no issues whatsoever.

I'll take opinions for you or anyone else - does it even matter? I'd be totally fine with an account deletion/reset, but is anyone with the power to do that (i.e. a GGG employee) ever going to review this post?

Not blaming GGG. I know they're a small company just trying to make it work, but it would be nice to know whether I should to keep coming back to check for replies or just give up and move on...

Thanks!

100% agreed, this is not normal.
For account support you e-mail GGG support directly.
In the e-mail explain this (both about the PS4 login + what happens when you try to login to the web site) and link to this thread, then this should get fixed.
OK, I tried a third email to support@GGG linking to this post, and I think I may be getting some help here. Shout out to Sarah @ GGG!!

FWIW, I realized that I changed my PS ID back about a year and a half ago when they rolled out that free PS ID change feature. I think that messed everything up on the login servers when I tried to connect.

I'll post when (if) I get a resolution with additional details so that other folks with the same issue can hopefully find this post...
Well, after some considerable back-and-forth with GGG, I still have no resolution. It seems that nobody at GGG can to figure out the issue.

If you look back through this thread, I really think I've done everything I can to prove that this is a connection problem with the login servers and not some local configuration issue (just the fact that I'm on a console should rule most of that out anyway).

I'll check back in a day or two to see if any of the community helpers have advice, but it sounds like GGG can't help me. Would be willing to post any documentation here if requested (error screenshots, a WinMTR report, or I can even post the email trail with GGG support).

Again, not blaming GGG - they're just a small company trying to make a really good game profitable enough to keep it running and I wish them the best...even if I won't be able to contribute my time and wallet.
"
SuboptimalQQ wrote:
Well, after some considerable back-and-forth with GGG, I still have no resolution. It seems that nobody at GGG can to figure out the issue.

If you look back through this thread, I really think I've done everything I can to prove that this is a connection problem with the login servers and not some local configuration issue (just the fact that I'm on a console should rule most of that out anyway).

I'll check back in a day or two to see if any of the community helpers have advice, but it sounds like GGG can't help me. Would be willing to post any documentation here if requested (error screenshots, a WinMTR report, or I can even post the email trail with GGG support).

Again, not blaming GGG - they're just a small company trying to make a really good game profitable enough to keep it running and I wish them the best...even if I won't be able to contribute my time and wallet.

"
SuboptimalQQ wrote:

FWIW, I realized that I changed my PS ID back about a year and a half ago when they rolled out that free PS ID change feature. I think that messed everything up on the login servers when I tried to connect.

Well sounds really strange this case but since you can't even login to the website with your PS4 login, then account look damage like you said.
However GGG need to fix this but like you said, you need to provide correct information also......
My guess would be to concentrate on getting the web login to work (so account is in a correct state and they see if that also fixes the PS4 login......
Good thought Gribbleshins...I've never knowingly set up or used port forwarding, but that's done at the router level, right? So it COULD potentially impact my PS4 connection?

I'll need to read up a little on port forwarding since I'm fuzzy on the basics - are you thinking that I have port forwarding already happening which is screwing up my connection? Or are you suggesting that I try it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info