Screenshots of Path of Exile Bosses

man i've been playing this game off and on since 2013 and never saw this angle of any of these bosses. kinda makes me sad we can't move the camera angle around on them in some kind of gallery somewhere. what else are we missing in path of exile's art?
He'll bring you to your Gneiss
Saved
Very awesome photos! Makes relatively mundane bosses feel special.
Phospho
Why would you add depth of field to these? Is that engine or doctored?

To be honest I see poor texture quality in some areas.
The cave floor of the Great White Beast is just sad.
The forest floor of Calaf, Headstaver isn't much better.
Bravalo's stone textures look decent but there's a notable sprite feel to vines and grass.

Black Death, there's reflection mapping on floors? PBR no less? Never noticed in-game.

A new engine couldn't come sooner. It will be interesting to see the changes. Or... Not see?
Seriously that Spider pic has be questioning my eyes.
"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac
Wow, these, um... don't look good...
false advertising. Your game doesn't run at the resolution to render these 'screenshots'
I don't use Rejuvenation Totem. I use Spell Totem + Vitality +Reduced Mana. Like a boss.
lol what in the world. those screens make the game look so bad :P

heres a better one

Its so nice, finally saw bosses little bit closer :) we cant zoom in on Xbox without inventory :/
"
apexmateria1 wrote:
lol what in the world. those screens make the game look so bad :P

heres a better one

Well it's understandable that older textures lack the detail of newer ones though I don't think these are taken in-game. Maybe in their editor or pulled into another program.

The game doesn't have Depth of Field as an option. The engine can likely do it because it's really not a hard visual function but what further displaces the pictures from in-game is the 4th picture where the tiles appear to be using PBR texture maps for lightning noting the ambient occlusion and height.

I'm fairly sure the game uses PBR for models but I never personally noticed on terrain.

Tragically as most of their media it's 1080p and also showing jaggies. =D
"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac
Last edited by Xzorn on Jun 2, 2021, 3:55:38 AM
Yeah, update is required for most of the mobs. Squares are no longer fashionable.

Black Death ss is 10/10 tho

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info