Patch 3.14.1d - Video Memory Utilisation Improvements

Thanks for the amazing "fix"... Before patch my zone load times were horrible... at least 3-4 times as long as they were in Ritual league.

And now, thanks to the new "fix" my load times are about 30-50% longer than before I downloaded it.

Hey, if you guys at GGG can just make one more "fix" then every time I try to change zones, enter or exit a map, go to someone's hideout to make a trade, I can just click on the new zone, then go to the kitchen and make a sandwich and cup of coffee, and get back to computer just in time to actually have the new zone on my screen!!! Woohoo!!
That, that is, is. That, that is not, is not. Is that it? It is.
I'm crashing in Vulcan and Vulcan low settings. Moved to DX11 and my game lags so hard.

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
AMD Radeon 5700 XT Red Devil 8gb ram GDDR6 1750MHz
Eat your vegetables.
"
boldfacelies wrote:
I'm crashing in Vulcan and Vulcan low settings. Moved to DX11 and my game lags so hard.

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X

Optimized game
"The Path of Exile client now utilises your system's video memory more efficiently, which means that assets will stay loaded for longer."

In what world? These "improvements" you have been doing are going from bad to worse. I am on the end that had zero issues with texture loading and pop up, and now there are icons that remain gray for an entire hour just because.

What are you optimizing this game for? Seriously. I am baffled and wondering. What are you optimizing this game for? What kind of machines? Your Vulkan upgrade was in the right direction, and since then the 5gb extra patch helped more. After that, downhill.

6GB GDDR5 ram sound like its enough for you? (GTX 1060)

How about 16GB DDR4 2400MHz of ram? That sound about nice for you as well? (Corsair Vengeance, or is this considered a crappy label? lol)

How about 6 cores i5 @ 2.90GHz? How about that? Is that enough? (i5-9400F, unless my memory serves me wrong, tired of checking every second month for things like this)

Any of that enough?

Cause all the above is more than enough to play 90% of whatever is out there on maximum visuals, and the 10% on high. Basically, from the 19 games I currently have installed all of them are maxed out and work flawlessly, including heavy things like Doom Eternal and other games which I would not consider completely optimized properly for PCs like Assassins Creed and Fallen Order.

So again, what kind of rigs are you making these optimizations for? Which collective of feedback? For what people? I am curious.

I am curious actually and baffled beyond belief at the same time. The pop up has gone from bad to worse and now even has certain things like icons never completely loading up.

Starting to feel like you are catering to some form of low end rigs and creating loading limitations that for those cases might see improvements but in better rigs do nothing but do exactly that, create limitations. That is the only thing I can think of here because nothing else makes sense, it can't possibly go from working good to going constantly to bad and then worse on a rig that is strong enough to play this game and at least one more simultaneously (and yeah, Ive done it in the past...)

I have faith that your work and progress is not to blame here, because you have shown (on my end at least) that you know your stuff. I have been noticing however that it is the feedback that is taking you around for a spin, in the one case treating loading with longer times but more stable, in other cases reverting to smaller loading but with pop up, and it almost seems like the entire problem to all this is the people you are listening to for feedback.

I also notice that from the 9 out of 10 times the people that just say "the game doesn't work" and they never say their rig specs that most probably their rigs suck and they know the answer to them should be "go and upgrade"... Everybody else states their rig and its baffling how rigs that can easily handle this game are constantly hitting a performance wall from patch to patch of lately.

Please get your direction fixed and stop catering to optimisations for rigs from last century. That is the only explanation I can come to, I have played this game already much better than it is performing right now. Thank you. Just my two cents and feedback on the matter cause Ive been keeping silent for months now and it has reached the point were saying "I have faith in them they will fix it" doesn't seem to hold up anymore.
"
boldfacelies wrote:

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X

We need less Vram apparently, not more, the more we have the worse the game plays. 6gb gddr5, so I am lucky I have pop in issues alone, if I was to upgrade to your level I should experience the crashing as well. Its a feature xD

Wow! Amazing... Now even skill gems are not rendering in sockets. Been a while since I played this character and I was half happy that I had so many slots still to keep coming up with ideas....

Nope, all of those 4 sockets are filled with skills....

I am so pumped over the features of this fix, the more I play the more I am enjoying this :D

Thought I was done? So was I... xD

Reset the game to get skill gems to render. It worked, and now the filter is messed up xD (the text is supposed to be like the unique item).

Im thinking of taking a shot on every mess up I see :P
See how long it takes before I pass out :D

(edit: to clarify, the styling is correct, the text is just doing whatever it wants...)
Last edited by HazaRdReborN on Jun 2, 2021, 8:10:10 PM
While we are on the subject of taking shots, now that I remembered. Everyone I reminded to watch the stream btw for 3.14 (which showed the PoE2 peek as well, etc) got the twitch rewards.... Meanwhile I, having also stayed longer and taking a look at the rest of the stream and not just a trailer announcement, got nothing :)

Awesome, thnx for that :)

(Yes, I have connected the twitch account)

Off to rest, a long night it was after all.

Take care all.
It still has issues... https://youtu.be/7X3CDFUX1dg. Last league it ran a lot better and without these visual issues. Also sometimes low quality assets get stuck and stay low quality until I exit and relog. Sometimes it stays low res for some even then.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info