Cryptocurrencies are a massive fraud

No one is going to Mars... they just nuke the planet earth when they had enough of us and go in their multigenerational underground compounds. Funny enough, many are in NZ. https://www.inquisitr.com/3950643/billionaires-are-building-bunkers-in-new-zealand-prepping-for-the-apocalypse/

Wake in 20-40 years to a new "garden of Eden" with robots to do the dirty work, no terrorism, no unions, no smog, no global warming, no fight for 15, no BLM, no debt, no pandemics, etc etc etc. confounding modern man.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 29, 2021, 11:00:14 PM
Aim, completely separate from the issue of anthropogenic global warming, we live in a period of nonanthropogenic global warming. Meaning that, even if humans had never existed: 350 million years ago atmospheric carbon levels were quadruple current levels (roughly, might be x3.9) basically meaning fresh air didn't exist, sea levels were considerably higher, and of course things were hotter; and that the Ice Age of a few millennia ago constituted a recent temperature and atmospheric carbon low from which we would naturally cycle back to something like that Jurassic temperature/carbon high.

I mean, I don't know to exactly what extent you were imagining Earth would be nuked, but cyclical climate change is built into the fabric of Earth's very ecosystem.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 30, 2021, 6:28:07 AM
I don't pretend to be a climatologist, but I'll rather trust mainstream scientific inquiry on the issue than far-rightist cranks. Anyhow, there is no arguing with guys who will deny any man-made environmental issues regardless. So far there is no single topic which wouldn't be denied by somebody, be it poisonous pesticides, death of oceanic life, loss of biodiversity, plastic waste, air pollution, overpopulation, soil degradation, causes on climate change or f*cking sport shooting of rare wildlife.

By the way, last time I tried discussing on specifics of environment, moderators helpfully deleted my post because it was considered a political issue. So yeah, I guess we are done here.
Last edited by vmt80 on May 31, 2021, 4:33:15 AM
"
I don't pretend to be a climatologist

I´m pretty sure you´re not, your practise to consume electricity(coal, uranium, oil) to play games online is a pretty dead giveaway.

Out of curiousity, can someone provide the electric-bill of modern governments, i´m pretty sure to power all the buerocratic offices in my country overweight the bill of whole Oman too. As does global gaming for example.

-------------------

Btw. whats so bad about using electricity ? Converting energy is like a basic of the universe. Hydrogen into heat. Oil into Fuel. Thats how the stars collide.
Hardly a dent in the rotation of the planet.
I must assume that the Spaceprogramme uses more electricity than the country of Oman too. I count that as a positive.

And if hard currency wouldn´t have a digital component too, they could actually accuse the digital ones of the wastefull practices they do too.

Unless this is just a topic about how much energy gets wasted by bad journalism.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
"
vmt80 wrote:

By the way, last time I tried discussing on specifics of environment, moderators helpfully deleted my post because it was considered a political issue. So yeah, I guess we are done here.

If it is a political issue, it is question of how to win politics. You need to be very sleazy. You are obviously not sleazy enough.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Meaning that, even if humans had never existed: 350 million years ago atmospheric carbon levels were quadruple current levels (roughly, might be x3.9) basically meaning fresh air didn't exist, sea levels were considerably higher, and of course things were hotter; and that the Ice Age of a few millennia ago constituted a recent temperature and atmospheric carbon low from which we would naturally cycle back to something like that Jurassic temperature/carbon high.

I mean, I don't know to exactly what extent you were imagining Earth would be nuked, but cyclical climate change is built into the fabric of Earth's very ecosystem.

Which climate cycle are we talking about? I mean the one that let us loop back to Jurassic temperature/carbon high.

"
Lachdanan wrote:
I´m pretty sure you´re not, your practise to consume electricity(coal, uranium, oil) to play games online is a pretty dead giveaway.

Obviously Lies. Scientists play video games too.

"
Lachdanan wrote:
Btw. whats so bad about using electricity ? Converting energy is like a basic of the universe. Hydrogen into heat. Oil into Fuel. Thats how the stars collide.
Hardly a dent in the rotation of the planet.
I must assume that the Spaceprogramme uses more electricity than the country of Oman too. I count that as a positive.

And if hard currency wouldn´t have a digital component too, they could actually accuse the digital ones of the wastefull practices they do too.

Unless this is just a topic about how much energy gets wasted by bad journalism.

I like energy. I really do. Wasting energy is bad. WE are in agreement? yes yes?
Scott - were not allow politics so I'll let that go but I trust consensus/scientists. I meant Atomic weapons...just a matter of time.

Anyway - it's getting worse.

Hut 8 Buys $30M Worth of Nvidia’s New Crypto Mining GPUs
The batch of processors will add 1,600 GH to Hut 8's mining capacity.

This I was saying earlier about filling up warehouses after warehouses with video cards.. It's basically a corporate thing now as far as where GPUs will be going for a long time it seems. I personally think the billionaires are gonna decouple from USD and into Crypto-currency and lack of a gaming card will be least of our problems with money creation privatized and central/national banks wiped out.

https://www.coindesk.com/hut8-nvidia-mining-gpu-purchase
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 31, 2021, 11:02:19 AM
The value of sovereign currencies is force. They can force you to use it because gov has monopoly on violence and SWIFT clearing systems which we set up after WW2 and whatnot. There is a reason USD is king because we can employ most violence and pressure to use it. Has no intrinsic value any more than crypto.

Cryto should be banned. Not only waste of resources that provides nothing to humanity and it's a zero sum game unlike entertainment video cards provide to gamers. It also is parallel money creation scheme outside the democratic/representative process. China did ban it recently which accounts for dip in prices.

Governments united could make cryto useless tomorrow (force) if they chose to but they are co-opted by an aristocracy of billionaires.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 31, 2021, 11:59:08 AM
"
vmt80 wrote:
I don't pretend to be a climatologist, but I'll rather trust mainstream scientific inquiry on the issue than far-rightist cranks.
"
vmt80 wrote:
By the way, last time I tried discussing on specifics of environment, moderators helpfully deleted my post because it was considered a political issue.
Nothing that I am saying is politically controversial. I'm talking Wikipedia grade levels of scientific banality here.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jurassic#Climate
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleoclimatology#Reconstructing_ancient_climates

I only mentioned the adjacent, politically contentious issue for the express purpose of clarifying that I was NOT talking about anthropogenic climate change. And I am still not talking about it. Non-anthropogenic climate change is a separate, uncontroversial subject.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
Non-anthropogenic climate change is a separate, uncontroversial subject.

I will now declare it controversial subject. Even Scientists can spout superstitions and nonsense. Let alone the general population. Science is controversial, because people don't really understand that stuff.

Climate doesn't naturally loop back to Jurassic temperature. Are you sure? Nope, it is just a hypothesis. Maybe that loop take longer than 200 million years and we haven't discover it yet. I offers no evidence for my scepticism.
"
awesome999 wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Non-anthropogenic climate change is a separate, uncontroversial subject.
I will now declare it controversial subject.
"
awesome999 wrote:
I offers no evidence for my scepticism.
This is why we can't have nice things.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info