Upcoming Video Memory Utilisation Improvements

Not sure about memory usage of meshes, but maybe be a lot less agressive with meshes at least. I can deal with something being a bit blurry. But it should never be invisible.

That being said, I look forward to actually using my hardware in this game. Sounds like you tried to use less than 2GB VRAM on my poor 6900XT.

And in case streaming is timesliced to something silly like 10% of a frametime pls be aware that some ppl have 240Hz monitors (~4ms per frame) and 10% of that would probably only cover function call overhead and barely any texture data. So go ahead and take a flat 20ms or more until assets are loaded so that extreme overkill systems (5950X, 6900XT, 64GB RAM, 2TB PCI-E 4.0 SSD) don't load the game in 30+ seconds only to see a map with a dozen missing textures and have to wait another 10 seconds for shit to load.

And one more thing since you're dealing with texture priority: all of my skills, mtx, currency an UI screens should never be unloaded. Same applies for the entirety of my hideout. Same for all damaging effects (nemesis mods, ground effects, etc.) You save like 40MB of VRAM and kill 20% of the players...
"
jimanjr wrote:
And one more thing since you're dealing with texture priority: all of my skills, mtx, currency an UI screens should never be unloaded. Same applies for the entirety of my hideout. Same for all damaging effects (nemesis mods, ground effects, etc.) You save like 40MB of VRAM and kill 20% of the players...

This. Why are totems and the skills they use unloaded for an obvious totem build? They are like smudges at the beginning of each map. Kudos for mentioning hideout and ground effects.
Thanks for your efforts
Eat Sleep Repeat
Last edited by benhonda03 on May 14, 2021, 9:51:28 AM
20 years old game World of Warcraft can load dynamically world without loading screens and you dont even notice it.

You have loading screens for every map and you cannot manage to load resources during loading screens, yet we have to suffer with low res textures every zone change even for elements of UI.
In the exact precise moment when Sirus will use an attack my screen freezes completely for entire 2 or 3 seconds... of course I always die and I end up wasting all 6 portals because of that.
The most deadly attacks of bosses should be a priority asset to be put into memory in my opinion.
I suppose it is related to the memory. I hope it solves this problem.
im not enginer but i can give u tip CHANGE graphic engine this engine have no future for gaming
"
Biosko wrote:
20 years old game World of Warcraft can load dynamically world without loading screens and you dont even notice it.

You have loading screens for every map and you cannot manage to load resources during loading screens, yet we have to suffer with low res textures every zone change even for elements of UI.

Precisely.
my VGA happy to see that :D
Wouldnt be so bad if video cards were even close to retail prices or in stock!!
https://www.newegg.com/Video-Cards-Video-Devices/Category/ID-38?Tid=6662

I think it's time to come to realization Ethereum and other miners will make good video cards unobtainable for a very long time. nVidia/AMD could make 50 million GPUs or more. Miners would, overnight, fill entire warehouses with GPUs. Pallets and pallets of them, tens of millions of dollars worth at a time. It would be completely insane.

Bottom line is you literally can't satisfy GAMING demand when people are building mining operations with our gaming cards to make a living instead of having to work. You can't satisfy it because there is no limit to making digital currencies, whereas, we gamers only need one top end card every 2-3 years.

GGG needs to offer lower res/specs/textures/clutter to "fix" things at this point.

Sad but true.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 15, 2021, 5:46:17 AM
It would make much more sense to invest in an alternative graphics engine instead of always implementing new features that only worsen the performance. I've been playing Poe for years now, and I just want the old Directx9 engine back, so everything just ran smoothly. Right now it's a catastrophe!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info