Elemental Hit cannot apply poison

When using the Pneumatic Dagger base, which states that All Damage from Hits with this weapon can apply poison, elemental hit still cannot apply poison. This is the case even when flat elemental damage is rolled on the dagger to match the elemental damage type of elemental hit.

Also submitted an in game bug report, reference number is 1387627294
Last bumped on May 21, 2021, 5:38:23 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I also thought wild strike didn't work, but I was mistaken. Edited post to reflect that
Last edited by BabyCain on May 12, 2021, 8:55:55 PM
Not a bug.

You are playing elemental hit which the gem already stated only deal elemental damage

While poison is chaos damage
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
"
neohongkong wrote:
Not a bug.

You are playing elemental hit which the gem already stated only deal elemental damage

It shouldn't matter that the hit was only fire damage for example. If the fire damage can be used as the base for calculating poison damage, it should be able to apply the ailment. Once the ailment has been applied, does it matter what applied it? The only way I see this being an issue is if the elemental hit mod applies to poisons applied with it, which would be a bit wild
If the gem said deal no non elemental damage, then it is no non elemental damage including chaos damage from ailment.

You can made an alt character and PvP to test it can apply poison or not at all
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
"
BabyCain wrote:
"
neohongkong wrote:
Not a bug.

It shouldn't matter that the hit was only fire damage for example. If the fire damage can be used as the base for calculating poison damage, it should be able to apply the ailment. Once the ailment has been applied, does it matter what applied it? The only way I see this being an issue is if the elemental hit mod applies to poisons applied with it, which would be a bit wild

you still need chance to poison on hit, this base just allows elemental damages hits to poison, it does not however give % chance to poison on hit.

"
dorkdude2 wrote:
"
BabyCain wrote:
"
neohongkong wrote:
Not a bug.

you still need chance to poison on hit, this base just allows elemental damages hits to poison, it does not however give % chance to poison on hit.

The Character I'm testing on has 100% chance to poison on hit
"
neohongkong wrote:
If the gem said deal no non elemental damage, then it is no non elemental damage including chaos damage from ailment.

You can made an alt character and PvP to test it can apply poison or not at all

I would have assumed that after the hit deals damage, then the chance to poison is rolled if there is eligible damage, which there is. If then the poison is applied, it is an ailment, and is no longer considered a hit from elemental hit. If poison is supposed to retain all of the mods of the skill that applied it then for sure it's not a bug, but that isn't my understanding of how ailments are supposed to operate.
POB of char, I can't tell which of your characters use it as none of them have it equipped.
"
BabyCain wrote:
When using the Pneumatic Dagger base, which states that All Damage from Hits with this weapon can apply poison, elemental hit still cannot apply poison. This is the case even when flat elemental damage is rolled on the dagger to match the elemental damage type of elemental hit.

Also submitted an in game bug report, reference number is 1387627294

Thanks for your report, this is intended as ElementalHit can only deal damage of the chosen element and will not apply Poison because Poison is Chaos Damage.
Another example of this is Brutality Support and how it doesn't allow supported skills to deal Elemental or Chaos damage and stops supported skill from applying Poison.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info