[3.14] Exiled_Magus' "Courtesan of Chains" Zerker/Champ, Chain Hook (25M+ Shaper DPS w/Reflections)

"
Exiled_Magus wrote:
"
tsunamikun wrote:
So after Leveling my version of the build and playing around a little bit (I'm 75, no uberlab but should work out today or tomorrow)

Single target is good, and i mean really good. Multitarget an trash clear on the other sucks. And i mean really sucks. Forget about the AE chain hook does or even your mirrors.

After a bit of thought the solution seems obvious: Call of Steel. Unfortunately that requires an additional gemsocket. But hey, at least now I can clear the screen.

So you did away with Chain Hook altogether? Which steel skill did you go with if so?

Side Note: I am trying out a MoM-Low Life block version of the build with Devouring Diadem, Ivory Tower Saints Hauberk, and The Surrender (to leech es). Havent gotten into maps with it yet.
#

nono i still use chainhook, but after 5 or six attacks in a pack i use the skill Call of steel of splitting steel (and the support jewel Lord of steel) to clear the screen. Our impales are strong, so call kills most mobs which are still alive. Two Button gameplay it is.
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
Last edited by tsunamikun on May 21, 2021, 9:04:27 PM
"
tsunamikun wrote:
"
Exiled_Magus wrote:
"
tsunamikun wrote:
So after Leveling my version of the build and playing around a little bit (I'm 75, no uberlab but should work out today or tomorrow)

Single target is good, and i mean really good. Multitarget an trash clear on the other sucks. And i mean really sucks. Forget about the AE chain hook does or even your mirrors.

After a bit of thought the solution seems obvious: Call of Steel. Unfortunately that requires an additional gemsocket. But hey, at least now I can clear the screen.

So you did away with Chain Hook altogether? Which steel skill did you go with if so?

Side Note: I am trying out a MoM-Low Life block version of the build with Devouring Diadem, Ivory Tower Saints Hauberk, and The Surrender (to leech es). Havent gotten into maps with it yet.
#

nono i still use chainhook, but after 5 or six attacks in a pack i use the skill Call of steel of splitting steel (and the support jewel Lord of steel) to clear the screen. Our impales are strong, so call kills most mobs which are still alive. Two Button gameplay it is.

Ohh! That's a really good idea mate! I didn't even think about Call of Steel working with impale from chain hook. I thought it only worked with the steel abilities! Technichally, I am only using a green socket for Second Wind to reduce cooldown of Enduring Cry. That could easily be sacrificed for a steel skill
Last edited by Exiled_Magus on May 21, 2021, 10:58:35 PM
The build looks very interesting! Are there any videos or gif showcasing what the build looks like in maps and bosses?
"
The build looks very interesting! Are there any videos or gif showcasing what the build looks like in maps and bosses?

Ty mate! No gifs of vids yet. Still working out some kinks and adding in some clusters for more dodge/survivability, which will be a small hit to DPS. Once I have settled on a finalized version I will be adding in vids/gifs to showcase.

I am still kinda new to making custom builds, so it's taking alot of trial and error. The learning curb for this game is steep, but with the helpful hints I've received so far, this build is getting better and better.

I don't want to showcase until it's ready.
Last edited by Exiled_Magus on May 22, 2021, 2:19:24 PM
I'm playing a version thats mostly tsunamikun's with some of exiled's gear mixed in. I switched from a exsang build that had kinda capped out without spending a lot. This is working ok so far, compared to the other build it's better on bosses and worse for clearing. Hoping this will get better as i improve it. My DPS is far behind what you both are getting in POB, mine is only around 2.5 mil.
One word of warning, the flash's and blinking all over the place can be disorienting.
"
Zly1 wrote:
I'm playing a version thats mostly tsunamikun's with some of exiled's gear mixed in. I switched from a exsang build that had kinda capped out without spending a lot. This is working ok so far, compared to the other build it's better on bosses and worse for clearing. Hoping this will get better as i improve it. My DPS is far behind what you both are getting in POB, mine is only around 2.5 mil.
One word of warning, the flash's and blinking all over the place can be disorienting.

YES! I put the disorienting factor as a Con in the build guide. Chain Hook snatches you all around the screen at supersonic speed! Easy to lose track sometimes, but hella fun :D

Definitely not as fast clear as Exsanguinate + Chain, but it has improved tenfold since I took Tsunamikun's advice and slotted in Call of Steel. Clears maps much, much faster!
Last edited by Exiled_Magus on May 23, 2021, 12:16:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info