Question about game mode!

After I spend some time reading through the posts in the forum i actually wondered how the game creation works. I mean is it similiar to Diablos Battle Net, where everyone is able to create a game or is it more like a open world per league type which everyone has to join? Moreover if the first option should be the appropriate one how many players will be able to join the created game?

I'm really looking forward to see this game rise and make a lot of the former Diablo players get the old feeling while slashing through the monsters.

Keep on the work!!!
:)
This may not be completely accurate so it might be best to wait for a dev to confirm.

All parts of the game are instanced. When you start the game it will place you in a copy of a town with about 20(?) other people. Each time you go to a new area, the game creates a new instance of that area. Non-town area instance will be limited to about 5 people.

It's like a mix between Diablo and an MMO in that way. The towns are small open world areas. There can be hundreds of different instances depending on how many players need to be accommodated but they're not persistent like an MMO.
Forum Sheriff
The only concern I have with that scenario is with player interaction. I assume that if you form some sort of party you will all be instanced together (regardless of cap), but what if you are hunting another player or just informally jumping from zone to zone. It would be a bit odd to be in town, jump out to a zone, jump back after 30 seconds, and find a whole different group of people due to your previous instance filling up.

That's for towns and commons, for wilderness would you create a new instance for yourself (and party) only, or should those fill publicly as well. The scenario that seems to present the fewest continuity issues is to make commons as sensible as possible, but have all wilderness/combat areas totally individual. The major issue there is the effective elimination of world pvp, and the sense of loneliness where your only "massively-multiplayer" interaction is when huddled together in towns.
You make some good points.

As I said, I'm not completely sure how the devs plan to handle those sorts of issues. I assume they've figured all that out by this point though. Hopefully a dev can post here with a detailed description of how the instance system will work.
Forum Sheriff
"I am The Banisher, the ill will that snuffs the final candle." - Seal of Doom (MTG)
Thx for the link!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info