Hit a wall at 53, need some advice

Hey, first of all I love my templar, it's a lot of fun and I oddly enjoy racking up all the health nodes
but when I hit my early 50's I kind of stopped doing damage.
I leveled as a shield charge templar at first then found a quality lightning strike and switched to that.
I'm kind of stuck right now since I can't figure out a good build to use, it takes me a long time to clear packs of mobs.

My Build
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEsxRNFm8ZLhmFGjgdFCNNJKon7SkuMok26T38QDZDY0RyTdhQUFRJVcZX4lhjWPVZ818_Zp5xTXKpd-V8uHzZgW-ExIx2jM-PRpBVms-dxJ48ogCnhKyqtPm3MbndwBrG2M9l0NDUj-Nq51LsOO8O8B_z3fZI-tL9zw==

My Gear
Spoiler

Thanks guys, I appreciate any input.

Edit: also I've been trying to level up EK, Etup makes it look easy so I figured I'd try it out. but my EK does almost no damage
Last edited by SassyBeard on Apr 3, 2013, 1:37:07 PM
Well as far as I can see you have no health problems :) But there needs to be a balance otherwise you are just gonna be a meatwall. And another thing in your build you have specced one-handed dmg but you are using a twohanded weapon?
"
Tenant wrote:
Well as far as I can see you have no health problems :) But there needs to be a balance otherwise you are just gonna be a meatwall. And another thing in your build you have specced one-handed dmg but you are using a twohanded weapon?

Yeah, i started out as a sword and board build but recently switched, i was going to just go to the side and get the strength nodes and then regret that 1h part
What skill gems are you using now? Lightning strike? Maybe a Heavy strike? I'm guessing your DPS is low because you are not using proper support gems. Fortunately, your head and chest is sufficiently linked to run maybe a Weapon Elemental Damage or a Melee Physical Damage. Added Fire Damage is good too.
"
Poiami wrote:
What skill gems are you using now? Lightning strike? Maybe a Heavy strike? I'm guessing your DPS is low because you are not using proper support gems. Fortunately, your head and chest is sufficiently linked to run maybe a Weapon Elemental Damage or a Melee Physical Damage. Added Fire Damage is good too.

Yeah these are the gems and combos i'm using.

also i'm pretty squishy, all of my resists are 80% and my chaos resist is 60% but i get reduced to low life fairly quickly
Last edited by SassyBeard on Apr 3, 2013, 3:18:17 PM
you definitely need a really good AoE attack.

have you tried molten shell + iron will yet? it does good damage. my templar runs a molten shell + blood magic + iron will + life leech combo and it works both for survivability and damage.

also try casting totems like flame totem for damage support and also curses.
"
monkeywaffles wrote:
you definitely need a really good AoE attack.

have you tried molten shell + iron will yet? it does good damage. my templar runs a molten shell + blood magic + iron will + life leech combo and it works both for survivability and damage.

also try casting totems like flame totem for damage support and also curses.

hm that's interesting, i haven't tried molten shell that much other than an "oh shit" button.
I do need a totem, I didn't use one leveling through normal because I pretty much just stomped everything
I really wanted to try EK or something that I can just use for aoe and single target, nothing I do seems to increase the damage for it though which sucks
Iron will is a SPELL support.

Lightning strike is a SKILL.

It does nothing there, AFAIK.

Best possible picks for Lightning Strike =

Pierce (absolute core)
LMP/GMP
Lightning Penetration
Weapon Elemental Damage
Composer, sound designer, game designer, producer, gaming journalist, gamer.
www.soundcloud.com/Artifex28
Last edited by nocebo on Apr 5, 2013, 6:11:17 PM
"
nocebo wrote:
Iron will is a SPELL support.

Lightning strike is a SKILL.

It does nothing there, AFAIK.

Best possible picks for Lightning Strike =

Pierce (absolute core)
LMP/GMP
Lightning Penetration
Weapon Elemental Damage