[3.14] The Bloodsucker Exsanguinate/Reap Corrupting Fever || League Starter || Budget || Mapper

Hi all!! :) I have been playing my own homemade build this league. It's my first time making a build since beta. I suck I know....I am a working mom ok?

This is a league starter budget friendly build guide.
I made this to give the choice between using Exsanguinate or Reap as the main attack skill, but I personally like Exsanguinate better.

Path of Building:
Spoiler

Updated May 21, 2021
https://pastebin.com/4TdumTnb

POB has leveling tree and includes some of the budget gear and gem links I started out with.

Videos:
Spoiler

T16 Juiced up Beach lots of mods. Yes that is Vulnerability AND Temporal Chains on me...UGH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHI6DbkHI8w

Same T16 Beach -Just the Ultimatum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4cOjyUyQY0

Overview:
Spoiler

Currently level 94. I am ABSOLUTELY WRECKING red maps. It is so satisfying to watch packs of monsters poof in a cloud of blood.

Awakening 5 146/164 on maps as of this minute.
Sirus 5 down.

I can clear all rounds of ultimatums on T16 with no fear of dying. I have killed the Trial Master.

As of right now this build is a SOLID mapper. Fast AF, Survivable AF.

Offensives:
Spoiler

Exsanguinate Reap and Corrupting Fever all apply Physical Damage over Time.

Exsanguinate has an initial hit then stacks a DoT up to 3 stacks.

Reap has an initial hit then stacks a damage buff on you up to 5 as long as no targets die.

Corrupting Fever is a buff you keep up on yourself similar to Blood Rage. It comes with an initial life cost to apply the buff then refreshes itself once a certain amount of life is spent. That life is spent casting Exsanguinate or Reap. Corrupting Fever applied stacks of Corrupted Blood which will stack up to 10 times on each enemy hit. Damaging an enemy with anything while affected with Corrupting Fever will apply stacks of Corrupted Blood on the targets hit. This is where Void Sphere comes in handy. Anything that gets caught up in the Void Sphere will quickly gain lots of Corrupted Blood stacks, get sucked in and die, that is if they did not get 1 shot from Exsanguinate or Reap first.

Exsanguinate and Reap gain damage scaling from Spell Power, Physical Damage, and Damage over Time.

Corrupting Fever scales with Physical Damage and Damage over Time.

Since these abilities are spells they scale very well with gem level. It's beneficial to get +1 physical spell skill gems or +1 to strength spell skill gems on weapon, shield and amulet. Influenced Amulets can roll both at the same time.

Offensive stats to prioritize
Physical Damage
Physical Damage over Time
Damage over Time
Spell Power
Frenzy Charges

**Crit will affect the initial hit of Exsanguinate and Reap but not the damage over time, so crit is not a priority. Crit is the main stat on daggers, however I am only using daggers so I can use Whirling Blades.
Edit: I have moved to Shield Charge now that I am using a wand. So far so good.

Defensives:
Spoiler

Tree is Glad/Necro for max block.

Trigger dagger set up to trigger Desecrate, Bone Offering and Void Sphere.

Bone Offering gives life on block.

Void Sphere helps keep monsters off your face.

Void Sphere can also be set in an empty spot for manual casting if you choose to have more control over its placement. For fast mapping it's easier to set it to the trigger weapon. For big boy bossing it may be more efficient to manually cast Void Sphere instead.

Void Sphere just sucks everything in and stacks up Corrupted Blood without any extra clicks. I can just whirl around and Exsanguinate. 2 Click build after buffing Corrupting Fever.

High Life -currently sitting at over 5700 life

Life Leech

High Mobility with Whirling Blades that triggers Fortify

CWDT with Immortal Call

Defensive stats to prioritize:
Block -Attack and Spell Block
Max Resists
Armor
Physical Damage Leeched as Life ***IMPORTANT NOTE*** Be careful when searching mods on rares. Exsanguinate, Reap and Corrupting Fever are Spells. So anything that specifies Attack Damage will not work.

That is why
is a very important piece to the build. There are other pieces that give physical damage life leech but I have only found them on rings and amulets. The whole game turned a corner once I put that baby on.

Leveling:
Spoiler

Once I started using Exsanguinate with chain at level 38 I felt very strong. Then once to maps a bit squishy until I bought the belt -about 40c, may be cheaper now. Doryani's Invitation should be a priority purchase in my opinion.

It was kind of weird leveling up because I could only put so many points in the Scion tree then I had to wait until Merc Labs to unlock the witch tree. I had about 35 points waiting to allocate by then but I did not feel underpowered at all.

Gem Links:
Spoiler

Mid Level Mapping Links

Spoiler

6 Link Exsanguinate, these seem to be the standard gems most people are using. Controlled Desto, Efficacy, Brutality and Chain. Except I chose Faster Casting. I know it's less damage than other choices but the increased cast speed to Exsanguinate really helps sustain life leech and decrease time spent standing still to avoid getting killed while casting. So the damage loss of taking the Faster Casting seems worth it to me from a survivability standpoint.

Switch Chain out for Swift Affliction for Bossing for more damage.

If Using Reap as main ability:

3 Socket Weapon. Works best socketed in this order:

Auras: Malevolence, War Banner and Herald of Purity. Malevolence for damage and increased uptime for dots. Herald of Purity for physical damage which really gets amplified from the Circle of Guilt.

4 Link Gloves Corrupting Fever goes here so once you can get Apothecary Gloves that have explicit mod of Socketed Gems Deal 30% More Damage Over Time then you have a 5 link.

Before you can get at least a level 3 Empower, use:

Movement: I like whirling blades since it's an attack so it can apply Fortify and Culling Strike, it's fast and can move through monsters. The downside is I have to use a dagger which has lots of crit mods that aren't the best for this build. I could use a wand with shield charge but I personally would not like to use shield charge in the Ultimatums. You can use whatever you like for a movement setup.

CWDT:

You can choose any golem or spell you like here. I feel like the golem just dies more often than not but I don't know what else to put here right now.

Early maps before I had a lot of life and before I could afford vulnerability on hit ring, I used Corrupting Fever with no supports. I used Reap to trigger Vulnerability -just for a little extra damage for bossing. I am not using these gems right now.

Upgrades!! Getting more to end game links:
Spoiler

Exsanguinate: I have enough cast speed on my gear and upgraded gems that I feel like I don't need the faster casting anymore. Now I have an extra gem slot to pump that damage.

Switch Chain for Swift Affliction for big bossing damage.

Corrupting Fever: Same gem setup as above. Can upgrade to awakened gems.
Awakened Brutality, Awakened Swift Affliction, Level 4 Empower...

Weapon: I still have Desecrate, Bone Offering and Void Sphere, However I switch the Void Sphere for Storm Brand for Bossing because it will stack Corrupting Fever better on single target.

Auras: Added Vitality to take advantage of the Watcher's Eye, I have it leveled to about 8 currently because that gives me just enough mana to cast my movement skill so adjust your level accordingly.

CWDT: The golem had to go. He just died all the time. I have been tinkering around with Vaal Skills. Right now I am using Vaal Cold Snap. It's leveled just high enough so Cold Snap will trigger off of CWDT and I have Vaal Cold Snap available to self cast as needed for frenzy charges.

Movement: I have a wand now so I had to switch to Shield Charge. That way I still have an attack to apply Fortify and Culling Strike.

Gear:
Spoiler

Budget beginner gear:
Spoiler

I just focused on capping Resists and stacking life in the beginning. I had plenty of damage for early maps just from gem levels.

Mid Level Mapping Gear:
Spoiler

Weapon +1 to Physical Spell SKill Gems -Trigger Socketed Spell when you use a Skill

Shield: +1 to Physical Spell Skill Gems -Life, resists as needed, Spell Damage, Extra Block if needed.

Helm Armor Boots -Life Armor Resists as needed
Using Belly right now for life boost. I am sure there are better rare chests out there.

Gloves -Damage over Time, Life, Resists as needed. Apothecary Gloves are great.

Rings -Circle of Guilt you definitely want to get one with Increased Physical Damage While Affected by Herald of Purity. The Implicit Mods are up for grabs here. You could find one that grants Vulnerability on Hit and be POG. I feel lucky that I found the Increased Damage and Increased Global Physical Damage for a reasonable price.

2nd Ring, Vulnerability on Hit was my priority here, then Life. The cast speed and resists were a bonus. Rings can also roll Physical Damage Leeched as Life

Amulet -Try to max out resists on helm, boots, ring, gloves, etc so you can prioritize gem levels on amulets. +1 to Physical Spell Skill Gems and/or +1 to All Strength Skill Gems. If you can find/craft/afford one with both that would be best.
I don't have the funds for that yet so I settled for charges on kill instead.

Anoint Command of Steel. 1 Amber, 1 Crimson, 1 Opalescent a few chaos if buying the oils.

Belt -Discussed above, gives hella resists and most importantly Physical Damage Leeched as Life. If you found enough leech on rings/amulets you could switch the belt out for a good Stygian.

UPGRADES!!!! Some pieces of gear I have bought now that I am a tiny bit richer.
Spoiler

Next upgrade should probably be a new chest. I am not sure what mods will be best other than life/armor/Increased Effect of Offerings.

Most expensive item I have ever bought 19Ex
+1 physical spell skill gems and +1 Spell skill gems. Exsanguinate is now level 29!! Spell Damage...Damage over time multi...Cast Speed...Trigger...this baby has it all.

+2 amulet. It could have better stats like life for starters

I bought this belt after I bought a watcher's eye with life leech

Lots of life & physical damage

More resist, cast speed

More life, resist, movement speed, armour

Jewels
Spoiler

Replica Pure Talent for both Increased Damage and Skill Effect Duration.

Rares -just going for that life, spell damage and physical damage. Buffer resists in case I need to change up my gear.

Watcher's Eye 2Ex not too crazy. Socketed a Vitality to make use of the life leech.

Flasks
Spoiler
-nothing special to note, I am sure they could be better.

As for the future, I don't know if cluster jewels are the way or if this build is just going to peak at being a solid league starter / mapper.

If anyone has any comments or feedback I am open to listening. Thank you.
Last edited by Hashbrowns on May 22, 2021, 12:45:25 AM
Last bumped on Jun 25, 2021, 10:17:38 AM
Reserved
Hello!

Gonna try your build, but I am not playing much, so maybe the league will finish befor I arrive to red maps.

Anyway thanks for sharing it!

To help for this build (and maybe next ones), would be nice to say what you prefere to use as skill until you use the main skill.

Oh last info, I am playing on hardcore only. when did you struggle and what did you do to avoid/stop it?
"

To help for this build (and maybe next ones), would be nice to say what you prefere to use as skill until you use the main skill.

Oh last info, I am playing on hardcore only. when did you struggle and what did you do to avoid/stop it?

Thanks!! :)

I don't exactly remember what I used in the beginning. Exsanguinate unlocks at level 12 so I probably just used whatever I was given as quest rewards and leveled up in public games.

I struggled with survivability late campaign until I bought the Doryani's Invitation belt for life leech. Belt requires level 68.

It's hard to find life leech on stuff since attack damage leech doesn't work. Maybe you can get a ring or amulet with damage leech on it sooner than 68.

I am not sure how this will hold up in hardcore. I do not have the patience for hardcore. Good luck!! Keep me posted how it goes.
"
Syrniael wrote:
Hello!

Gonna try your build, but I am not playing much, so maybe the league will finish befor I arrive to red maps.

Anyway thanks for sharing it!

I used cobra lash before I got Exsanginate + Chain
Hows the build working out endgame? Gonna build it right now, super excited! Been looking to make a scion for ages!!
"

Hows the build working out endgame? Gonna build it right now, super excited! Been looking to make a scion for ages!!

May 21 Update to gems and gear. Getting to end game and spending those hard earned Exalts. :)

I have just about doubled my damage from the mid game gear. Will update with new POB link as well.
Last edited by Hashbrowns on May 22, 2021, 12:10:32 AM
"
Hashbrowns wrote:
"

May 21 Update to gems and gear. Getting to end game and spending those hard earned Exalts. :)

I have just about doubled my damage from the mid game gear. Will update with new POB link as well.

Nice!!! Really glad to hear that, hows it working out with bosses? Killing endgame stuff I assume with double that damage? Thanks for all the hard work!
: )
I have killed Sirus 5 for the first time ever...HAHA. I am about to spawn 6 but I don't forsee any issues because I killed 5 before I upgraded my gear.
Trialmaster down. He gave me Harbinger Orbs...

I am vaporizing red maps and all Ultimatums. Exclusively running T14-16.
I don't mind most mods except I can't do phys reflect. Reduced chance to block usually means death if I am not careful. No regen means no movement ability.

I die to the occasional 1 shot when my flasks are down, 136 deaths as of today so not too shabby in my book.

I have not died in any Maven Invitations.

So in conclusion...the build is still holding up. I am sorry I only get to play about 2-3 hours a night so the progress is slow. However, that is a testament to how casual friendly this build is.

I have never been "rich" or been able to play all day every day. I make my exalts off small trades and liquidating my currency tab every now and then. So far I am wearing about 30Ex worth of gear, which is the most currency I have ever made or spent.

Also, note that this build has felt good and fun the entire league...so it doesn't require an investment to be fun or viable.

Last edited by Hashbrowns on May 22, 2021, 12:43:23 AM
That's really great to hear! Im so excited to play the build lol. Thanks for all the hard work again!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info