dead

why is the game so dead on ps4? seems to be lower and lower each league
Last bumped on May 9, 2021, 3:42:23 AM
bad league, still terrible frame rates = dead
"
Anton__Chigur wrote:
bad league, still terrible frame rates = dead

I disagree about the league being bad... I love it.

But I will say, it pairs exceptionally poorly with the bad performance many people are experiencing.

AND it's quite similar to Ritual, which we just finished.

I think if I had played all of Ritual league I would be less enthusiastic about Ultimatum.

But I quit Ritual about half-way, because of the performance issues.

Then I got my hands on a PS5, and, for me, that has largely resolved my performance issues. Well, the ones that aren't caused by my terrible internet connection, anyway.

As to the OP's question, I think this league is somewhat less populated (on Playstation specifically)... but there have been a lot of rough leagues for a while.

Heist launch was terrible, plagued by infinite crashing. The league got good eventually, but it was like 5 weeks in by then, and tons of people had already given up on it.

Then Ritual introduced Texture Streaming, which was a disaster all around. Less so for PS5 owners, but at that time they were a tiny tiny fraction of the playerbase. Along with the invisible stuff due to texture streaming problems, there was worse desync and some other performance issues.

Ritual also paired very poorly with these bad performance problems.

Now Ultimatum still has texture streaming issues, and performance issues. They're not as bad (for me and the one person I play with frequently), but they still exist. Plus it has a *really* basic UI design flaw on console.

It's not terribly surprising there's a decline in player activity.

Theoretically, the next few patches we get should make the texture streaming less problematic, and fix the UI.

Here's hoping.
Where are you seeing the population of players?

Also is it hurting your enjoyment of the game if you think the game is dead?
"
bounty367 wrote:

Freeze and desync all the time. No pleasure to play. I deleted this shit. After today's patch it became impossible to play.
"
"
bounty367 wrote:

Freeze and desync all the time. No pleasure to play. I deleted this shit. After today's patch it became impossible to play.

Definitely get yourself a PS5, it plays so much better. I believe that’s why POE 2 will not be available for PS4. As for the game being dead, I would disagree. Global chat is non stop, trade chat is non stop, and there are plenty of people playing.
Last edited by MaxxGold on May 3, 2021, 7:13:35 AM
"
MaxxGold wrote:
"
"
bounty367 wrote:

Definitely get yourself a PS5, it plays so much better. I believe that’s why POE 2 will not be available for PS4. As for the game being dead, I would disagree. Global chat is non stop, trade chat is non stop, and there are plenty of people playing.

Keep telling yourself that, the player ratio this league has to be almost half than normal. hence 1 Ex = 100C.

This league is dead..
This happens if you totally ignore your community. I mean seriously, every time a new league comes out, I hope for some ground breaking console specific changes and every time it's a major disappointment. They said for opening up the trade api for consoles, we would first need chat. Well we got chat, but since then nothing happened anymore.

I mean the no real bots and the relaxed controller play are not bad, but everything else is soo much better on PC. I don't really understand why they released a console version in the first place, if they don't give a *** about it. Maybe it was just a condition by tencent, when they bought GGG. So they just did their duty and keep up appearances.

They should consider to outsource the console version to an external developer.
"
M1stW4lk3rX wrote:

Keep telling yourself that, the player ratio this league has to be almost half than normal. hence 1 Ex = 100C.

This league is dead..

What does the Exalt Ratio have to do with the playerbase?

It fluctuates every league, even on PC.

In Heist it got as low as 30c per Ex, and this league it has been as high as 150c.

Currency ratios fluctuate with the drop rates of currency and new uses for them (or old uses going away).

This league, Ultimatum drops Chaos like candy, so Choas are cheaper than usual, making all other currencies seem more expensive (since Chaos are the "dollar" of PoE).

An example of the "new use" effect is that when they introduced the new craftable watchstones, the price of alterations permanently went up.
Im not trying to argue, the fact is, not enough people are playing this league. It was a copy and paste league..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info