Ailment bug?

Converting 100% of ligthing taken as fire still gets me shocked (not shocked ground). Possible cause - "#% of Physical Damage taken as Lightning corruption implicit on shield.

Using Tempered by War and Divine Flesh.
Last bumped on May 6, 2021, 9:54:41 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
This is not a bug. The shield implicit makes you take some physical damage as lightning damage, which can cause shock. "damage taken as" modifiers apply only once - they do not iterate to repeatedly change damage, or in some cases they would never end.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
This is not a bug. The shield implicit makes you take some physical damage as lightning damage, which can cause shock. "damage taken as" modifiers apply only once - they do not iterate to repeatedly change damage, or in some cases they would never end.

Mark, you said converted damage cannot ignite

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/8b5yz9/buginteraction_of_the_gluttony_formless_inferno/

"
Mark_GGG wrote:

"
The ignite's base damage is 0 since the base damage of the hit is all physical. The fact that you take some of that damage as fire damage doesn't modify the actual base damage of the hit, so the ignite base damage is still 0 and thus is not applied.

This is correct. Ignite is based on damage being dealt, not on damage taken (this is why resistance doesn't apply twice to ignite any more, among other things). Changing what type damage is taken as has no affect on damaging ailments, because the hit was calculated without any igniting damage, so there's no base ignite damage to ignite with.

Is the shock from converted damage still depends on the shock chance of the monster?
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
Last edited by neohongkong on Apr 29, 2021, 11:34:22 PM
They are calculated differently. Damaging ailments are calculated from damage dealt, non-damaging ailments - from damage taken. So in damage taken stage "damage taken as" modifiers already kicked in.
"
MonaHuna wrote:
They are calculated differently. Damaging ailments are calculated from damage dealt, non-damaging ailments - from damage taken. So in damage taken stage "damage taken as" modifiers already kicked in.

I am talking about chance, not the damage/magnitude themselves
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
Last edited by neohongkong on May 1, 2021, 1:36:54 AM
"
neohongkong wrote:
"
MonaHuna wrote:
I am talking about chance, not the damage/magnitude themselves
Alright you asked 2 questions: 1. Why you can't be ignited by a physical hit taken as fire, while you can be shocked by a physical hit taken as lightning; 2. Does enemy's chance to shock works in this case.

And you asked Mark.. so Mark from the past answers:
"
Ignite does not care about the damage you take from the hit, the enemy calculates it's ignite damge and it's hit damage from the same base damage (by applying different modifiers. This results in a Physical damage hit and 0 ignite damage (and thus no ignite), because the enemy has no damage that can ignite. Then your stat takes the physical damage hit and says "I take some of this as fire damage". This is entirely independant of the ignite damage which was already calculated separately.

Shock is different, because non-damaging ailments are calculated based on the damage you take. Damaging ailments are the enemy's damage, and so are calculated from their base damage.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/a34jl9/this_unique_item_introduces_one_of_three_new/eb69qeu/

Here is a good picture

"Base Ignite Damage" is where ignite calculating starts. In case where a physical hit is taken as fire, there is no "Base Ignite Damage"

I modified it for better illustration

Shock's calculations are based on damage taken. It takes place after damage taken is known. Shock modifies damage taken further.

Answer to a second question: Yes. So if you took a physical critical hit, it would shock you.

a quiz: an enemy has 100 physical damage and 100% chance to ignite, you have "50% of physical damage from hits taken as fire" and no other defensive mechanics. The enemy hits, will ignite apply?
Answer
No, since physical damage by default can't ignite

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info