[3.14] StallionM's HexBlast Ignite Trickster | League Start ✓ | 10EX FEARED ✓ | Ultimatum Killer ✓

Excellent build! I found your thread after a friend asked if there was a build guide for what I was playing, and yours is almost identical, hah.

It's amazingly fun, good job on the guide!

"
Last edited by Galadedrid on May 16, 2021, 11:49:12 AM
Doing reasonably well with gear and getting past the 2mil DPS #. (figured out some upgrades from reading through the thread.)

My PD: https://pastebin.com/9YHJjtds

Really enjoying the build.
Last edited by CanadianAce on May 16, 2021, 6:47:12 PM
"
Justifi3d wrote:
if some of you are interested in min maxing here's my POB, you can also check my character but i'll need to sell some of my gear soon so POB is more relevant

https://pastebin.com/3ShiCSc4

over 15 maven kills(you need to know how to play around the degen beams)

i think 10-12feared invitations, i lost the count, i was doing cortex+ feared farming for a while

at least 30+ various other invitations, a dozen uber elders/shapers/atziris/chayulas for feared witnessing

recovery on bosses is not the best without cloak of defiance and not that high mana regen overall but its sufficient for a dodge capped build

however i boosted my aoe a lot to the point i clear entire screen with 1 hit, i also linked my flame dash for faster movement

excellent money maker, all things considered, i probably didn't even need to invest that much, but all the things i bought like clusters and unnatural instict were basically investment since i knew they will retain the price and i can resell easy peasy

this build is a god tier mid budget build and i think people are doing something severely wrong if they can't get the damage or defense from it, it's not easy to udnerstand how everything comes together so i can kidna get that

Thank you for the vouch and praise! Glad you enjoyed the build! Hopefully it served it's purpose as a league starter to get you some currency! Hopefully your next build will be a success!

"
Galadedrid wrote:
Excellent build! I found your thread after a friend asked if there was a build guide for what I was playing, and yours is almost identical, hah.

It's amazingly fun, good job on the guide!

Oh sweet! Hopefully the detailed guide will help him get into hexblast! It can be a little confusing what helps and scales the build!

"
CanadianAce wrote:
Doing reasonably well with gear and getting past the 2mil DPS #. (figured out some upgrades from reading through the thread.)

My PD: https://pastebin.com/9YHJjtds

Really enjoying the build.

Thank you for trying it out! Glad you're enjoying it :D
Hello and thanks for this guide I was waiting for a long time to try Hexblast.

I've some questions :

How do you deal with hexproof ? I dont even try running hexproof maps since killing rare hexproof monsters is a pain.

Is there some craft guide for those fire sceptres ? I'm seeing everyone one having the same mods with the meta craft

rare amulet is better than atziri foible ? I may need to drop it since capping res is a hell with all those uniques

I apologize if some of those questions have been answered.

Thanks again for this build
Last edited by Kalamazo0 on May 19, 2021, 6:17:16 AM
I had some mana issues with Bosses that don't have adds. Keeping my mana up impacts everything I'm trying to accomplish and the strengths of the build.

https://pastebin.com/Ud5Tjq0U

I tried Sirus yesterday and get him to about 25% but couldn't push him over. I do have a bunch of slots open on my gear for potentially some mana regen from Aisling but what else could I do to counter the mana degen from Omeyocan?

This is really the last piece outside of further optimization I would need to really push this build into one of my all time favorites.

My league goals are Maven and back to A9 Sirus's (3 attempts on Maven and Feared last league, no successes, plenty of A9 Sirus's though.) If I see Trial master great.

Thanks everyone!

"
MarkCalen wrote:
"
Nutterum wrote:

There are many other builds perfectly capable of clearing out ultimatums on a similar budget and retain the same tankiness.

This is my PoB : https://pastebin.com/JXuGzf7C

I also have two %life %mana %fire damage multi on top.

The Pob under super ideal conditions show 13 million total ignite DPS but the reality is that WILL NEVER, EVER HAPPEN. The best you can hope for is 6-7 mill over 6 seconds or less than 1 mill DPS which is STUPIDLY LOW!

I FAILED to kill Mavened Shaper, and Elder fights that I have done more than 1000 times as I am usually farming and selling watcher's eyes. I struggle with most guardians and barely managed to kill the guardian maven fight even with "min-maxed" gear. My 2ex slammer absolutely steamrolled these fights with 2 mill DPS on the PoB, meaning the values are GROSSLY inflated.

Hi there! Sad to hear that the build is not working out for you currently, I looked through your PoB and found a lot of unoptimised setups especially in the Gem department.

I'll link the PoB here and further down i'll state the optimisations i've made.

https://pastebin.com/G00YQzwc

Starting off with Gem setup

Scorching Ray

Take out the scorching ray setup and swap in a Phantasmal Flame wall + Sigil + lvl 4 enhance.

Phantasmal Flame wall with quality gives 22% fire exposure vs 25% from max stack scorching ray, and its instant + it cant be killed like totems

Flammability

Your Flammability setup only had 13 Quality with no Enhance. Hexblast's breakpoint is EVERY 5 DOOM. So essentially your anomalous Flammability had no additional benefit.

Anomalous Flammability 20% QUALITY - LVL 4 Enhance - Impending Doom - Increased Crit Strikes (Helps with Elemental Overload Uptime)

Flame Dash + Glove Setup

You can do without second wind. Lvl 4 enhance - 2 curses - flame dash to juice up the curses and with lvl 4 enchance flame dash still feels fine.

Arcane Cloak

Juice your Arcane Cloak Duration as much as possible since it's our biggest defensive layer. Commit to a 4 link setup like I posted. Uptime should feel much better, take Entropy on the tree to make up for the Supreme Ego loss.

Hexblast

Essentially get the woke gems and level them and divergent Hexblast is pretty affordable at only 1.5ex.

ITEM SETUP

Stun Immunity for smooth Ultimatums and Mapping

Get the 80% stun avoid boot enchant from Uberlab (build destroys lab so should be quick)

Get a 20% stun avoid jewel from trade, found one and put it in PoB for 100c

Sceptres get T1 crafts (your fire roll is T3)

Quality your jewelry

Corrupting Blood Jewel for 0.5ex

If you're taking out supreme ego and buying a GG watchers, why dont you even divine it for 10%? Makes no sense that you spent so much and deviated from the original tree but do not know how the build scales / what is important.

TLDR

You're missing out on half of your potential damage with simple optimisations and PLEASE GET STUN / Corrupted Blood Immunity for clean and smooth ultimatums / mapping.

ps. I did all content including rare Feared with much less gear and no watcher's eye. I suggest you watch some videos to learn the fights but if you said you've done them 1000s of times, you might have Alzheimer's.

Hey, I did what you asked and looked deeper in to the flawed of my build.

I did almost everything you noted apart from the flame wall. It just felt bad for me, can't really describe why, it just did, so I stuck using the scorching ray setup instead. Looked into DOOM mechanics and understood what you meant, though I am still wrapping my head around how DOOM is calculated. In any case I did some clean up and while upgrading my gear I discovered an interesting setup I feel you can check for yourself. A way to generate frenzy and end charges while mapping (very unreliable to impossible for bosses though) This made my survivability go up as well as my "mapping" DPS a bit more too which is nice.

Anyways This my current (and unless I come up with 30+exa final) setup . Under super ideal conditions I can make one Giga ignite for 30 million Total DOT damage and the subsequent dots will be around 14-15 mill each with 4 million Ignite DPS being the average for most bosses (Sirus style) :

My current PoB with my 4 curse + end + frenzy charge setup : https://pastebin.com/grx6T9iA

My current gear

Looking forward receiving more constructive criticism.

I may have overreacted at the start but I am the first to admit I was wrong when I am.

With the current DPS average I breeze through anything the game has to offer. I have not tried 100% deli juiced t17 maps YET but I feel that with careful rolls I should not have much problem with them.

Things for the other people looking to play the build below!

Unless you have really high DPS avoid the following :

MAP MODS

-->Avoid elemental ailments - with 140 awakened objectives this is more than 80% and despite the skill say YOU ALWAYS IGNITE, the mobs don't care and are NEVER ignited. AVOID AT ALL COSTS UNLESS YOU REALLY KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!

-->Cannot regen life mana or ES . These maps are doable but depending on dencity and the rest of the map mods you might have trouble sustaining mana. If you have mana regen from flasks is instant sextant mod however you can use a big mana flask (the most mana you can get on a flask!) and just run that. Its clunky but it works!

-->Ele reflect (unless you have sextant for it)

--> Double extra phys as elemental damage - our EHP is just too low for these combo mods. Don't get me wrong these can be completed deathless or easily, they are just potentially way more Rippy.

__> HEXPROOF - NEVER RUN THESE MAPS. Sell them. Drop them in a t1 map and roll another map on top of them. Burn them with cursed fire. Figure it out. Just don't run them. I have tried some "easy" hexproof maps and did them simply because my average Ignite DPS is big enough but it still feels SO SO BAD and not worth it.

STUN AVOIDANCE ENCHANT ON BOOTS IS ABSOLUTE MUST HAVE. Omeyocans with this enchant cost 80c. Save the currency and buy them. The QOL difference is HUGE!

If you struggle for ele res, consider using your small cluster jewel for a ressistance jewel instead that has all ress , chaos ress and Prismatic Heart. You lose some DPS but you can get 40 to one ress + 20 to all other ress EASILY with some extra chaos ress on top. These small clusters run between 50c and 1ex depending on the rolls.

When crafting you scepters _TRY_ to have an open preffix so you can craft extra fire as chaos or 50% fire damage. This craft mod is THE NUTS!

Thank you for not losing faith in me!

Last edited by Nutterum on May 19, 2021, 3:40:54 PM
"
CanadianAce wrote:
I had some mana issues with Bosses that don't have adds. Keeping my mana up impacts everything I'm trying to accomplish and the strengths of the build.

https://pastebin.com/Ud5Tjq0U

I tried Sirus yesterday and get him to about 25% but couldn't push him over. I do have a bunch of slots open on my gear for potentially some mana regen from Aisling but what else could I do to counter the mana degen from Omeyocan?

This is really the last piece outside of further optimization I would need to really push this build into one of my all time favorites.

My league goals are Maven and back to A9 Sirus's (3 attempts on Maven and Feared last league, no successes, plenty of A9 Sirus's though.) If I see Trial master great.

Thanks everyone!

First thing first. Fix your mana flask. It is of UTMOST IMPORTANCE that you do!

Try getting either Enduring Eternal Mana flask of Warding OR Enduring Divine Mana flask os Staunching. Your choice where to place your defenses. Personally for mapping corrupting blood is not that important (for Sirus its is!)

Second, you lack any mana regen. See the thing about Cloak of Defiance is that it regenerates 1% of your mana per second and that scales with modifiers. So when you have another armor you are forced to run a two aura setup and need to drop your Supreme Ego notable. Run level 20 clarity until you have your 6l Cloak of Defiance. Having around 100% mana regen from your items overall is also a big Plus in T16 and Boss farming so keep that in mind when upgrading / crafting your items!

Next stop is getting +20 qual on all your main damage gems and getting your Anomalous Flammability + Enchance combo goin. If you can afford Divergent Hexblast - even better. Those two things will double your boss DPS! Trust me on this I was in the same boat as you!

Also you have 4 curses in your setup but can apply only 3. Consider removing temporal chains and use it only during bosses if you feel the slowdown is beneficial to you more so than the 15% DPS you will get.

Hope I helped!

I did everything except the clarity aura. It didn't make a dent.

One thought I had was running a hybrid flask and using soul of Ryslatha. There would always be at least some mana from a flask for Arcane cloak + Arcane surge to get more into the pool.

although it seems that I'd need to redo my sceptres + amulet to get mana regen to really make full use of Cloak of Defiance.

Here's where I've landed since yesterday.

https://pastebin.com/sWCQyp15
"
Nutterum wrote:
"
MarkCalen wrote:
"
Nutterum wrote:

There are many other builds perfectly capable of clearing out ultimatums on a similar budget and retain the same tankiness.

This is my PoB : https://pastebin.com/JXuGzf7C

I also have two %life %mana %fire damage multi on top.

The Pob under super ideal conditions show 13 million total ignite DPS but the reality is that WILL NEVER, EVER HAPPEN. The best you can hope for is 6-7 mill over 6 seconds or less than 1 mill DPS which is STUPIDLY LOW!

I FAILED to kill Mavened Shaper, and Elder fights that I have done more than 1000 times as I am usually farming and selling watcher's eyes. I struggle with most guardians and barely managed to kill the guardian maven fight even with "min-maxed" gear. My 2ex slammer absolutely steamrolled these fights with 2 mill DPS on the PoB, meaning the values are GROSSLY inflated.

Hi there! Sad to hear that the build is not working out for you currently, I looked through your PoB and found a lot of unoptimised setups especially in the Gem department.

I'll link the PoB here and further down i'll state the optimisations i've made.

https://pastebin.com/G00YQzwc

Starting off with Gem setup

Scorching Ray

Take out the scorching ray setup and swap in a Phantasmal Flame wall + Sigil + lvl 4 enhance.

Phantasmal Flame wall with quality gives 22% fire exposure vs 25% from max stack scorching ray, and its instant + it cant be killed like totems

Flammability

Your Flammability setup only had 13 Quality with no Enhance. Hexblast's breakpoint is EVERY 5 DOOM. So essentially your anomalous Flammability had no additional benefit.

Anomalous Flammability 20% QUALITY - LVL 4 Enhance - Impending Doom - Increased Crit Strikes (Helps with Elemental Overload Uptime)

Flame Dash + Glove Setup

You can do without second wind. Lvl 4 enhance - 2 curses - flame dash to juice up the curses and with lvl 4 enchance flame dash still feels fine.

Arcane Cloak

Juice your Arcane Cloak Duration as much as possible since it's our biggest defensive layer. Commit to a 4 link setup like I posted. Uptime should feel much better, take Entropy on the tree to make up for the Supreme Ego loss.

Hexblast

Essentially get the woke gems and level them and divergent Hexblast is pretty affordable at only 1.5ex.

ITEM SETUP

Stun Immunity for smooth Ultimatums and Mapping

Get the 80% stun avoid boot enchant from Uberlab (build destroys lab so should be quick)

Get a 20% stun avoid jewel from trade, found one and put it in PoB for 100c

Sceptres get T1 crafts (your fire roll is T3)

Quality your jewelry

Corrupting Blood Jewel for 0.5ex

If you're taking out supreme ego and buying a GG watchers, why dont you even divine it for 10%? Makes no sense that you spent so much and deviated from the original tree but do not know how the build scales / what is important.

TLDR

You're missing out on half of your potential damage with simple optimisations and PLEASE GET STUN / Corrupted Blood Immunity for clean and smooth ultimatums / mapping.

ps. I did all content including rare Feared with much less gear and no watcher's eye. I suggest you watch some videos to learn the fights but if you said you've done them 1000s of times, you might have Alzheimer's.

Hey, I did what you asked and looked deeper in to the flawed of my build.

I did almost everything you noted apart from the flame wall. It just felt bad for me, can't really describe why, it just did, so I stuck using the scorching ray setup instead. Looked into DOOM mechanics and understood what you meant, though I am still wrapping my head around how DOOM is calculated. In any case I did some clean up and while upgrading my gear I discovered an interesting setup I feel you can check for yourself. A way to generate frenzy and end charges while mapping (very unreliable to impossible for bosses though) This made my survivability go up as well as my "mapping" DPS a bit more too which is nice.

Anyways This my current (and unless I come up with 30+exa final) setup . Under super ideal conditions I can make one Giga ignite for 30 million Total DOT damage and the subsequent dots will be around 14-15 mill each with 4 million Ignite DPS being the average for most bosses (Sirus style) :

My current PoB with my 4 curse + end + frenzy charge setup : https://pastebin.com/grx6T9iA

My current gear

Looking forward receiving more constructive criticism.

I may have overreacted at the start but I am the first to admit I was wrong when I am.

With the current DPS average I breeze through anything the game has to offer. I have not tried 100% deli juiced t17 maps YET but I feel that with careful rolls I should not have much problem with them.

Things for the other people looking to play the build below!

Unless you have really high DPS avoid the following :

MAP MODS

-->Avoid elemental ailments - with 140 awakened objectives this is more than 80% and despite the skill say YOU ALWAYS IGNITE, the mobs don't care and are NEVER ignited. AVOID AT ALL COSTS UNLESS YOU REALLY KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!

-->Cannot regen life mana or ES . These maps are doable but depending on dencity and the rest of the map mods you might have trouble sustaining mana. If you have mana regen from flasks is instant sextant mod however you can use a big mana flask (the most mana you can get on a flask!) and just run that. Its clunky but it works!

-->Ele reflect (unless you have sextant for it)

--> Double extra phys as elemental damage - our EHP is just too low for these combo mods. Don't get me wrong these can be completed deathless or easily, they are just potentially way more Rippy.

__> HEXPROOF - NEVER RUN THESE MAPS. Sell them. Drop them in a t1 map and roll another map on top of them. Burn them with cursed fire. Figure it out. Just don't run them. I have tried some "easy" hexproof maps and did them simply because my average Ignite DPS is big enough but it still feels SO SO BAD and not worth it.

STUN AVOIDANCE ENCHANT ON BOOTS IS ABSOLUTE MUST HAVE. Omeyocans with this enchant cost 80c. Save the currency and buy them. The QOL difference is HUGE!

If you struggle for ele res, consider using your small cluster jewel for a ressistance jewel instead that has all ress , chaos ress and Prismatic Heart. You lose some DPS but you can get 40 to one ress + 20 to all other ress EASILY with some extra chaos ress on top. These small clusters run between 50c and 1ex depending on the rolls.

When crafting you scepters _TRY_ to have an open preffix so you can craft extra fire as chaos or 50% fire damage. This craft mod is THE NUTS!

Thank you for not losing faith in me!

hey man, I see a HUGE problem with your weapon. It adds +X + X fire damage on hits which is causing you to BUFF everything you hit with fire resist from elemental equilibrium. It's one of the biggest things to not do as calen wrote in the guide.. Gotta make sure your gear doesn't have any of that on it.

Can take a look at my gear for reference but I've dont every boss in game now hundreds of times this league and its a joke, so easy.. most of it was done with cloak of defiance till I made this badboy chest im using now.

https://pastebin.com/5Vf83Q1U
"
CanadianAce wrote:
I did everything except the clarity aura. It didn't make a dent.

One thought I had was running a hybrid flask and using soul of Ryslatha. There would always be at least some mana from a flask for Arcane cloak + Arcane surge to get more into the pool.

although it seems that I'd need to redo my sceptres + amulet to get mana regen to really make full use of Cloak of Defiance.

Here's where I've landed since yesterday.

https://pastebin.com/sWCQyp15

honestly, your gear looks pretty decent. Except you have like ZERO mana regen on most items. You should buy catalysts to boost mana and life modifiers on your dream fragment for LOTS more mana and mana regen, I'd replace that amulet with something with mana regen. Or at very least get rid of the +15 fire/chaos on it and replace it with the mana regen and also catalyst your amulet with life/mana modifiers which is huge.

I really prefered sacraficing t1/t2 mana rolls on weapons for more utility to make build feel better. Like I dont mind 120 mana roll if I can get 70+ burning dmg/fire dmg + Fire dot multi and ele res / mana regen on it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info