The new mortal combat is so bad...

"
I didn't hate it, but it ended with a dull thud.

Yeah. It burst out of the gate with a genuinely great prologue (could be why it's free to watch on youtube), introduced us to an incredibly flat main character and his incredibly flat (and amazingly unflappable) family...then realised what sort of movie it was and just made the flimsiest of excuses to set up a bunch of Klassic Kombat scenes. THEN it was like, oh that's right, we got Sanada Hiroyuki and no one told him what sort of movie this is, damn, better bring him back for the final fight. And the sequel 'set up' seemed ridiculous given the fact that anyone who's ever heard the words 'Test your might' could see the giant gaping hole in the roster. If they want to go forward with more movies, they're probably going to need more actors for the non-fighty roles. If.

That all said, I had a blast. Lawson's Kano was everything I ever wanted from an Australian bad guy, Liu Kang's hotness definitely triggered a brief...ahem, awakening in me, Kung Lao is still a freakin' badass, and the choreography wasn't awful. Kinda dug the usage of location too -- even if Outworld is now irrevocably a disused coal mine in South Australia, and Raiden's temple is just down the road.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
No Johnny Cage? No thanks. That's just wrong and I cannot accept it.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
"
aggromagnet wrote:
No Johnny Cage? No thanks. That's just wrong and I cannot accept it.

Then you'd better hope it makes enough for a sequel then.

I believe the director said the decision to excise Johnny Cage was due to Kano being designated as the wise-cracking scene-stealer. I think it was a wise enough choice given a 110 min running time, some weird attempt at combining an American newcomer's origin story, an ancient Japanese/Chinese shadow warrior vendetta, an overly self-important mythological foundation of multiple worlds, a team-building exercise, *and* Kano's endless exploration of different ways of pronouncing the word 'fuck'. It was a really busy movie when it was on fire, which sort of made the duller scenes (pretty much anything involving the newcomer's family and their amazing inability to react appropriately to ice-conjuring ninjas and giant four-armed monsters) even less palatable. It really irked me how few edits it would have taken to make the movie feel like a proper Mortal Kombat affair from go to woe.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
I enjoyed it, which I suppose is the point to being with. It wasnt going to be winning awards, and it was free on HBO Max, so I got zero complaints there.

The only complaint I have is how disrespectful Prince Goro was treated lol. Some newbie, that cant win a cage match against your average MMA joe, gets some flashy Black Panther ripoff armor and some chucks, and proceeds to fuck up one of the most deadly and dangerous creatures in any realm. Nah bro, fuck that. Goro should have ripped that bitch in half, which would have been appropriate for his half-assed story-line.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Agreed. Like I said, newbie was the weakest part of the movie by far, and he and his family's interaction with Goro the weakest of that. Also, he was wielding dual bladed tonfa, not chucks.

The whole thing looked ridiculous.

i liked it
What did you expect from a mortal kombat movie? It's just random fighting and a quick excuse to do it. It's pretty good for what it was trying to be.
"
Rexeos wrote:
Just finished watching this.

Cool B movie. 3/5.

Last fight, nice fatalities, and art subtitles at the end of movie made it 4/5 for me.

Mortal Kombaaaaat!

I am satisfied :)

B movie? lol

Watch this gem from the 90s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dz0YU0jJr4
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Apr 29, 2021, 8:40:53 AM
"
gandhar0 wrote:
"
Rexeos wrote:
Just finished watching this.

Cool B movie. 3/5.

Last fight, nice fatalities, and art subtitles at the end of movie made it 4/5 for me.

Mortal Kombaaaaat!

I am satisfied :)

B movie? lol

Watch this gem from the 90s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dz0YU0jJr4

Have seen that one in cinema first time and two months ago last time .).

Friend of mine bought second ticket to watch it once more in the same day :).
I gotta watch it sometime, i saw the extended trailer with Scorpion and Sub Zero and it looked good as hell.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info