Agnostic + Life reservation bug

I've encountered an issue that appears when I reserve life with an aura using Arrogance Support while having the Agnostic Keystone allocated. Agnostic will drain my mana despite having the maximum amount of life.
This would be affecting all Agnostic builds reserving life.

Last bumped on May 3, 2021, 9:58:13 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Update:
I've tested it with other players that report having the same issue. It's consistent.

"
GDTyron wrote:
I've encountered an issue that appears when I reserve life with an aura using Arrogance Support while having the Agnostic Keystone allocated. Agnostic will drain my mana despite having the maximum amount of life.
This would be affecting all Agnostic builds reserving life.

Spoiler

Thanks for your report, this is intended as you're not on Full Life because you have Life reserved.

EDIT:
Mark_GGG has also talked a little about it here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/mr4per/petrified_blood_a_mathematical_analysis/guk3rgu/
Last edited by Jatin_GGG on Apr 22, 2021, 6:56:46 PM
So How are we supposed to keep mana available and reserve life for auras? That doesn't make any sense.
"
Spurnshadow wrote:
So How are we supposed to keep mana available and reserve life for auras? That doesn't make any sense.

you don't use agnostic with life reservation builds...
just like you dont use lifetap on CI builds.
"
dorkdude2 wrote:
"
Spurnshadow wrote:

you don't use agnostic with life reservation builds...
just like you dont use lifetap on CI builds.

That's a dumb argument. You can't use lifetap with CI builds because you have 1 life. One makes you immune to chaos, one doesn't make you immune to anything. apples and oranges.

Reserving life lower's your life and increases the risk of dying. Agnostic gets rid of ES making you more vulnerable to hits. The reward is an immediate refilling of health, if you have the mana to do so. Unlike MoM, it doesn't happen right away. So if I want to make myself even more vulnerable by reserving life, I should be able to take the risk / reward.

It can also be argued that full life is whatever life I have left after reservation as opposed to MAX life, like many other mechanics used in the game.
"
Spurnshadow wrote:

It can also be argued that full life is whatever life I have left after reservation as opposed to MAX life, like many other mechanics used in the game.

It's a losing argument because you are considered on Full Life when you have 100% of your maximum life. It's the same reason Damage on Full Life only works when you have Full Life. It would be stupid if it didn't work like that.
Last edited by Vedgy on May 3, 2021, 9:31:49 PM
Well, I think it's stupid that I can't speck into agnostic and have any life reservation.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info