Reap

Post your feedback for this skill here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Last bumped on Jan 25, 2024, 12:33:16 AM
Why does remote mine with this skill directly aim on the target just like players do? I can deal with "special" behavior of Glacial Cascade but reap isn't the case. The skill used by Mine should be casting on the mine location.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Apr 18, 2021, 10:10:56 PM
I was surprised to find that I didn't generate blood charges when my totems used this skill. I thought the skill text seemed pretty clear that triggers were the only disallowed mechanic for charge generation. If it is intended behavior that only self cast will generate charges can we update the Reap skill text to reflect that totems are also barred from generating blood charges for the player?

makes me curious what happens with trap support, does that not generate charges either?
------------------>> IGN: Puerrto <<------------------
Reap has awful aoe pattern. Every Time you use a skill, it doesnt hit anything that is under your cursor. This dead zone is quite large and annoying. I'm forced to target specific areas to Just hit the target. I've found it uncomofortable to use
skill is bugged. sometimes doesnt apply the dot

the hit area seems a bit wonky too sometimes

Damage seems really low in PoB, lvl 20 skill gem with 6 link. only getting around 200k total. Not having all gear on ofc, but still, doesn't seem viable red maps wihtout some serious gear

sigh
The skill probably needs to be tweaked a bit. It doesn't. In terms of good damage it seems like you need to drop some $$$ in order for it to feel mediocre.

I like the concept of the skill though. It almost reminds me of a Cleave in spell form. Cleave is another skill that seems left behind currently so maybe it feeling like Cleave isn't a good thing.
Level 90 Reap and Vaal Ground Slam Inquisitor with Instruments of Zeal and Pious Path allocated. Using a staff.

Reap is a fun skill for sure, but there's one particular thing about it that's holding it back. Reap loses a Blood Charge when an enemy is killed which makes it so that you almost never get a damage boost from Blood Charges when dealing with any content where lots of normal enemies spawn (Abyss, Breach, Delve, Ritual, Ultimatum, Betrayal encounters, Al-Hezmin's unique asps, Veritania's bird totems - most PoE content). The Ultimatum teaser mentioned that Reap is really great for bossing and it's true, EXCEPT for when the boss is spawning a lot of easily killable minions (i.e. Weaver, Shock and Horror, Drox) which means you never actually have Blood Charges for most of those fights.

Having max Blood Charges all the time is overkill, so instead of losing a Blood Charge when any enemy is killed, perhaps you can lose a Blood Charge (or multiple) when a rare or unique monster is killed by Reap so that upkeep feels much better for unique encounters and getting rid of clusters of rares amongst weaker enemies will be more manageable especially in small arena scenarios.

Still a fun skill, but I'm worried how effective it'll be heading into mid and late red maps.
Avid door opening enjoyer.
lvl 81 Shion, poorly geared 3/4 labs,
5-link divergent Reap + corrupting fever, DoT + global phys focus;

dmg is nice, i literally melt bosses and 1-hit blues.

the only bad thing is the AoE, it doesn't look like it increased with lvls,
if you target a mob you miss him if he makes a step towards you,
spell cascade cut your dps by 50% and if you target too close you loose 1 of "cascades" + the debuff doesn't stack.

more AoE(+move the center further behind the targeted point) or less dead-zone would make it much nicer to play.
Using Reap self-cast with Unleash and then another Reap in a Blastchain mine setup. I generate blood charges on a single target by self-casting, and then detonate a chain of mines, which should get the damage bonus from the self cast.

It feels really bad whenever there is a boss with other low health monsters,aka adds, because one or more of them will be targeted and almost half of my damage disappears because of that. And there is nothing I can do to prevent that. So the only reason to go through the trouble of a two-Reap setup is completely nullified.

That is unbalanced. Self-cast upside: generate blood charges while self-cast downside is lose charges on kill. Trigger is only downside, lose charges on kill and cannot generate them to replace lost charges.

If you cannot generate blood charges from mines/totems/arcanist brand etc., then you shouldn't be able to lose them from those sources either.
I league-started with reap since i didnt play much last league and i liked the theme of the skill. Numberwise it does also seem to be in a good place, how ever it has two problems:

1. The AoE is still very inconsistent without spell cascade
Even with high amounts of aoe scaling the skill only feels consistent with spell cascade. While i do understand that is closely related to the design of the gem (a scythe that swings and reaps the enemies), it still does feel bad to use on even small groups of mobs and even single target. It is weirdly easy to miss stuff you intended to hit. This makes the skill feel bad to use.

Suggestion: Raise base aoe/radius or make the animation for the skill wider

2. Losing blood charges when you try to kill a single target
The skill itself is very reliant on its charge mechanic to deal damage. And while this should be fine in some boss fights, it is a big problem for general mapping and any boss encounter with mobs spawning.
It is rather easy to kill a single mob by accident and lose close to half of your damage since you lose blood charges. This is also the reason why general mapping feels somewhat iffy without overgearing, since you will nearly always fight beasts/beyond demons/rares with only 50% of your damage, as there are always other mobs on screen.

Suggestion:
Make it impossible to loose charges upon reaching max charges for a certain amount of time (eg. 5 secs). Or change the conditon for loosing charges: You only loose a charge if ALL enemies hit with the swing die, not for each enemy individually

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info