CI (Chaos Inoculation) not granting 100% chaos immunity as it's supposed to with this patch

I'm not sure whether this is strictly a visual bug, however, I've been encountering poison mobs in maps and noticed I'm getting 1 shot so I checked my resistances. Before the patch, since I was using CI my chaos resistance showed (100%), now it's showing (-60%) and my CI node is allocated. I think someone probably broke something in regards to this when they were reworking lowlife mechanics as it's supposed to be at (100%). If someone could look into this and fix it I would greatly appreciate it, thanks.

Proof:

🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Standard>Leagues✨🌀🔰🔶🔷
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Make trade like the Grand Exchange from RuneScape✨🌀🔰🔶🔷

Let us zoom out more. Bring back: 32:9, Heist Alt Quality Gems, Sextants, Gear Enchanting, Prophecy, Perandus, Metamorph, Scourge, Sentinel, Kalandra & Crucible. Stop removing content from the game.
Last bumped on Apr 29, 2021, 4:29:55 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Chaos Inoculation makes you immune to chaos damage. It does not affect your chaos resistance. Resistance does not matter for damage when you are immune.

Previously it also had the effect of setting your chaos resistance to 100% for display purposes, and that was considered fine because changing the resistance number didn't affect anything and it looked cool.

But that isn't the case any longer. There are effects that scale on how much chaos resistance you have, so while the chaos resistance value doesn't matter for damage (because you're immune to that), it does matter that the value be correct, and display correctly in the character panel, so this has been corrected in 3.14
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Chaos Inoculation makes you immune to chaos damage. It does not affect your chaos resistance. Resistance does not matter for damage when you are immune.

Previously it also had the effect of setting your chaos resistance to 100% for display purposes, and that was considered fine because changing the resistance number didn't affect anything and it looked cool.

But that isn't the case any longer. There are effects that scale on how much chaos resistance you have, so while the chaos resistance value doesn't matter for damage (because you're immune to that), it does matter that the value be correct, and display correctly in the character panel, so this has been corrected in 3.14

I see, ok, makes sense. Thanks for the response.
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Standard>Leagues✨🌀🔰🔶🔷
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Make trade like the Grand Exchange from RuneScape✨🌀🔰🔶🔷

Let us zoom out more. Bring back: 32:9, Heist Alt Quality Gems, Sextants, Gear Enchanting, Prophecy, Perandus, Metamorph, Scourge, Sentinel, Kalandra & Crucible. Stop removing content from the game.
Doesn't make any sense to me.
To me "immune" means exactly the same as "100% resistant".
And it wasn't just "cool" when it was showing 100% chaos res in your defence stats. It was informative and adequate. Now it's misinformative and weird.
Handmade cursors for PoE: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2740991
"
Flying_Mage wrote:
To me "immune" means exactly the same as "100% resistant".

Here's an analogy: I'm immune from taking any damage when tripping. However, I still have a chance of tripping, it's just that doing so doesn't hurt me.

Being immune to taking chaos damage doesn't mean that it doesn't hit you. Just that, if it does, it doesn't matter in terms of the damage you take.

It's the same as the difference between bleeding not being able to be inflicted on you and you being immune to bleeding. You take no damage in either case, but there can be a significant difference. If you are only immune to bleeding, you can still use The Red Trail at full effect—you will bleed but take no damage; if bleeding cannot be inflicted on you, none of the Red Trail's "while bleeding" effects will ever apply, because you will never be able to bleed while taking no damage.

Apparently, in the current version of the game, things other than damage are now affected by your chaos resistance. What those things are, I don't know. But they must now be relevant.

Going back to the tripping analogy. Even though tripping never damages you, that might not mean that a high level of gracelessness won't result in other things being damaged.
Last edited by Sintactical on Apr 20, 2021, 12:29:54 AM
wait so now chaos imune not gain immunity to chaos dot thou why is that???ussually we are immune tu that as well..hmm
"
dinzz1990 wrote:
wait so now chaos imune not gain immunity to chaos dot thou why is that???ussually we are immune tu that as well..hmm

Read this thread again. Immunity still gives immunity. You still take no damage. It's just that immunity does not mean the same thing as 100% resistance as far as certain game effects are concerned.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info