Game crashes at login screen - Kernelbase.dll related

Hi guys,

so i wanted to sort my stashes before the league starts this evening.

I have not played in a few weeks, so my client updated some stuff. After that the game launched, but 5-10 seconds after the login screen shows up, it just crashes to desktop. No error message, nothing.

I used the repair function, it didn't help. I reinstalled the game, but the problem could not be solved by this.

So i have no idea what to do now. Is anybody else having the same issues or can give me some tips?

Thanks in advance.

edit: i managed to enter my login data really fast and could go to the character selection. But after the same time (5-10 seconds) the game just crashes to desktop again...
Last edited by Whai_GGG on Jan 14, 2023, 6:26:16 AM
Last bumped on Jan 14, 2023, 6:25:00 AM
and you have checked the event viewer for an error message that matches up for the time of the crash?

No new updates between being able to play and not even managing to login?

Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

No new updates between being able to play and not even managing to login?

To make it clear:
Last time i played was a few weeks ago. Today i tried to start the game. It updated something and i tried to start it after that but then the crashes happend. After using the repair function i deinstalled the game and installed it again, the crashes are still happening.

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
and you have checked the event viewer for an error message that matches up for the time of the crash?

Thanks for the tip. I checked the event viewer and this error occurs after the crash. There are multiple solutions for that if i google that error. I will try them now and see if anything helps. I will give an update later. If i find the solution i will post it here.

Error message:
Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: PathOfExile_x64.exe, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x6073e3dd
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: KERNELBASE.dll, Version: 10.0.19041.906, Zeitstempel: 0x2f2f77bf
Ausnahmecode: 0xe0000001
Fehleroffset: 0x0000000000034b59
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x2160
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d732cdcbc8b1d0
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\PathOfExile_x64.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Berichtskennung: 578775ca-d13e-4179-8125-f83f999b60fc
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:
Last edited by Kagerou20 on Apr 16, 2021, 10:48:42 AM
Update:

I could fix the issue. I tried a few things i found online. Nothing worked.
But the simple solution that finally worked for me was:

Deleting the PoE folder in "my documents"...

-_-

If you haven't played in a few weeks you could have a file corruption that occerd during one of the patches between the last time you played till now.

Go into your poe folder and run the packcheck (could take a little while) , if you play through steam you should be able to verify your game files through their app. Not saying this will be the fix but i've had this happen in the past to me and the two main problems that were causing it was..

1) packet loss , a desync great enough could cause the client to crash (in the past i've found it to have)

2) File corruption during a patch update which again could be caused because of packet loss ect

no one really enjoys having to uninstalling the game (deleting folder) for a clean download and reinstall and that's usually the best fix that can be offered for many reasons. Also I know amd radeon had a graphic driver update about 2-3 days ago double checking your version could help. I find when windows has a big update amd radeon drivers usually follow a day or two after.
Had the same KERNELBASE.dll crash with code 0xe0000001 and same fault offset 0x0000000000034b59 happen to me while standing in town.
Ok, unfortunately i have to bump this thread.

I was playing until Act 2 and then the game crashed again to desktop.
Same Error in the event viewer.

This time it did NOT help to delete the poe folder (in the documents folder).
Bump again.

Yesterday i tried another solution i found.
I created another windows user account and boom - IT WORKED. I could play for hours withour any problems.

BUT

Today i started my pc, logged in on the other user account i created yesterday and now even on that user account the same problem occurs (and my normal user account still has the problem).

Like wtf...Should i create a new user account everday or what?
I am seriously loosing my patience here.
Everday when i start the game it is a gamble if the game even works. I am playing since 2012 and i never had so many issues...It is so frustrating.
Last edited by Kagerou20 on Apr 18, 2021, 7:20:05 AM
Update:

I deleted the PoE folder (in my documents) again since that solution worked one time for me.
The game created it back on starting the game again, but there is just the "production_Config.ini" in it - no other files. The .ini is empty btw.
No other files are created - even if i run the game as admin.

So i re-installed the game again...
But even after reinstalling it, the game still crashes on start and the poe folder in my documents just has the (empty) production_Config.ini" in it...
Try updating your graphics driver, it (seems) to have worked for me.
I'm running Dx11, not Vulkan.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info