[ 3.19 ] KissMeQuick's Smooth Sailing Slam — A Short & Easy Beginner's Build for Running Acts Fast

bad build guys dont get baited by this guy
"
kalleklovn99 wrote:
bad build guys dont get baited by this guy

I wouldn't say that's constructive.

As for the build. His Reave build is quite good, apart from Reaves inherent weakness of maintaining stacks which is only felt is map with horrible layouts, apart from that Reave is god-tier.

As for the leveling guide, slams duelist is extremely easy to level, recently did so in HC SSF, most important thing is getting Jade/Jasper/Karui axes, and once you get Earthshatter and few slams, it's smoooth sailing.

@KissMeQuick

Thanks for the guide. You might want to add which quests give which reward (or after which quests you can buy which gems), or get 3/4L. Gem importance.

Also going for multiple slams with Second wind is also quite smooth in my opinion.

Regards.
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/816814
"
GoranH wrote:

@KissMeQuick

Thanks for the guide. You might want to add which quests give which reward (or after which quests you can buy which gems), or get 3/4L. Gem importance.

Also going for multiple slams with Second wind is also quite smooth in my opinion.

Regards.

Second Wind isn't available for the Duelist as a quest reward.

I don't want to add more information than necessary, these guides and guide series are just so people could spend little to none brain juice on the levelling process to get to their maps and play their actual build they wanted (:

I could make them very in-depth though but I don't think there's any use for it.
Not playing 3.20 - just a sm0l break, builds are still fine.
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on Apr 15, 2021, 11:17:42 AM
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

You should choose the ascendancy of another guide or build which you will be later playing because the cost of refunding ascendancy points is 5 per passive which is not worth it.

If going Gladiator for the reave build is it worth doing the lab while levelling with this since it's mostly block focussed - I guess maybe just doing normal lab for Arena Challenger and slotting in Blood & Sand somewhere is worth it?
"
RandallPOE wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

You should choose the ascendancy of another guide or build which you will be later playing because the cost of refunding ascendancy points is 5 per passive which is not worth it.

If going Gladiator for the reave build is it worth doing the lab while levelling with this since it's mostly block focussed - I guess maybe just doing normal lab for Arena Challenger and slotting in Blood & Sand somewhere is worth it?

Yup, 20% more attack speed and movement speed is a lot.
The ascendancy order is in that build thread under the leveling section.
The nodes themselves are still worth even when not fully realized.
Just finished A10 using this guide. Smooth sailing all the way through. I died a few times but typically from just not paying attention. This is pretty tanky.

Recommend this guide for duelist leveling.
"
Just finished A10 using this guide. Smooth sailing all the way through. I died a few times but typically from just not paying attention. This is pretty tanky.

Recommend this guide for duelist leveling.

Neat!
Kiss_Me_Quick

Thank you so much for this! I was just saying after almost 3 years I have not played a successful Gladiator outside of Cyclone, and I'm pretty sure your Reave build could be it! I also just came off an Earthshatter Jugg that was very successful last league so the thought of leveling it is appealing. (It's fun)

I just can't wait to hit the beach, I got off a few hours early, my bro is comin over and it's going to be a great night as long as the que and the servers cooperate!

I was half way through your 2h leveling guide on Reave when you switched to this, I think it took 6 regrets to get back on track and the second I put in fist of war... mmmmmmmmmm the sweet sweet suffering!!!!

The guides are amazing, and GREATLY appreciated! Thank you :)
I will wear your ghost and you will die twice, against me and for me.
That is some cold blooded shit to say...
"
GrunkleBob wrote:
Kiss_Me_Quick

Thank you so much for this! I was just saying after almost 3 years I have not played a successful Gladiator outside of Cyclone, and I'm pretty sure your Reave build could be it! I also just came off an Earthshatter Jugg that was very successful last league so the thought of leveling it is appealing. (It's fun)

I just can't wait to hit the beach, I got off a few hours early, my bro is comin over and it's going to be a great night as long as the que and the servers cooperate!

I was half way through your 2h leveling guide on Reave when you switched to this, I think it took 6 regrets to get back on track and the second I put in fist of war... mmmmmmmmmm the sweet sweet suffering!!!!

The guides are amazing, and GREATLY appreciated! Thank you :)

Sounds like some damn good quality time!

Good luck (:
What gems do we need to run starting in act 6-10? Keep using slam or swap?
Last edited by GGTeMpLaR on Apr 22, 2021, 7:54:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info