[3.17]⚡Velyna's Storm Brand Occultist⚡ 5M+ DPS Leaguestart | Hidden and Feared Viable

I had meant to update about the three dragons earlier but yea it's not the play. Will be looking at ways to make the tier 1-5 grind smoother.
https://www.twitch.tv/velyna
"
Velyna wrote:
I had meant to update about the three dragons earlier but yea it's not the play. Will be looking at ways to make the tier 1-5 grind smoother.

but i'm almost in t6. it will be too late to help ;-)

Last edited by plasticeyes on Apr 20, 2021, 7:49:30 PM
In red maps now with a 5L shavs after LL swap with about 7-9 ex invested. Clear feels okay, I'm only at 300K PoB DPS per brand and I'm already freezing most rares and some bosses. Think I'm going to roll into a tanky melee for Ultimatums later on, this build works but feels squishy at times because we aren't mitigating much. The endu charge notable on cluster is nice!

In your literal god PoB after the recent PoB updates it dropped from 10M dps per brand to 7.2 - I thought the nerfs were smaller? Can't see what did it.
On the gear section in chest there is added lightning dmg, but when i check your profile you have added cold dmg. So which one is better?
"
rEDNiNE150 wrote:
In your literal god PoB after the recent PoB updates it dropped from 10M dps per brand to 7.2 - I thought the nerfs were smaller? Can't see what did it.

I have no idea what's going on there, the update also broke the mana res calculations for our shield.

Pretty sure the numbers it was showing after the first 3.14 update was correct (roughly 5% loss) and this number is bugged.
Last edited by Velyna on Apr 21, 2021, 12:54:35 PM
how good does the build do Ultimatums?
Loved Stormbrand last league but died a lot.
The POB is complety different than the skill points in Leveling section, which one to choose ?

EDIT : nvm i used the LL version and leveling shows the pre LL version
Last edited by Kumorei on Apr 21, 2021, 10:28:37 PM
Enjoying the build so far but with the 8s CD now for trigger it feels like a dead meme.

Wave and Mark have miserable uptime now because they are just as likely to be wasted when dashing around than somewhere intended/useful unless you hyper-focus on managing the cooldown. Getting 1 reliable power charge from Mark, even with Enhance, is a struggle.

Played around with Storm Rider (instead of Snowstorm) for charge generation feels much better and allows Profane Bloom which makes clearing feel better. The only downside is that it doesn't really generate charges off bosses.

For me, that's like 15% boss dps loss for smoother clear. That might not be for everyone. I think as one approaches the God-level gear, Forbidden Power will end up the better choice since one brand will easily zip through entire packs.
Last edited by everygoodnamewastaken on Apr 22, 2021, 8:33:54 AM
"
Enjoying the build so far but with the 8s CD now for trigger it feels like a dead meme.

Wave and Mark have miserable uptime now because they are just as likely to be wasted when dashing around than somewhere intended/useful unless you hyper-focus on managing the cooldown. Getting 1 reliable power charge from Mark, even with Enhance, is a struggle. For me, Forbidden Power wins in the end. Mark is probably better off self-casted.

Storm Rider is an option (Large Cluster) but I have no grasp on how that feels or the dps difference compared to Snowstorm. Maybe I'll play around with it while I'm trying various non-trigger set ups today.

Will check out the options here. Profane Bloom is such a nice node would really hate to lose it to put in Forbidden Power.
Just edited the post with a little of my own testing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info