[3.17]⚡Velyna's Storm Brand Occultist⚡ 5M+ DPS Leaguestart | Hidden and Feared Viable

"
Level 21 Stormbrand, Awakened Controlled Destruction, a better wand, Bottled Faith are probably your biggest upgrades for now. You've dropped Lighting Walker and Frost Walker from your tree which would add ~12%.

The helmet should only be a downgrade if it didn't have the correct enchant.

Really appreciate, I did upgrade first 3 you recommend and get 3m dps now.
Kind of prefer Explosive Runes over Lightning/Frost Walker though, the brand attach range make it more fun for me.
About the Helmet, wonder why none of you use a better one with -12 cold res and + 1 power charge ? Because no Harvest ?
"
Aelshe wrote:
"
Level 21 Stormbrand, Awakened Controlled Destruction, a better wand, Bottled Faith are probably your biggest upgrades for now. You've dropped Lighting Walker and Frost Walker from your tree which would add ~12%.

The helmet should only be a downgrade if it didn't have the correct enchant.

Really appreciate, I did upgrade first 3 you recommend and get 3m dps now.
Kind of prefer Explosive Runes over Lightning/Frost Walker though, the brand attach range make it more fun for me.
About the Helmet, wonder why none of you use a better one with -12 cold res and + 1 power charge ? Because no Harvest ?

you have to be really lucky on the Awakener to craft something like that. I went with -12 cold res and 9% elemental damage taken (both suffixes - you can lock suffixes and reforge prefixes for mroe defence to hit high es rolls, no luck for me but I think that's the easiest way) Other options are Warlord for up to 24 crit multi, fairly straight forward like my option. Reduced reservation and -12 cold res is bit trickier, takes ~168 loathing on average to hit -9 cold res, then you also need to get a secondary influenced modifier and on top of that hit the Maven orb.

Not worth it imo for all that struggle, and you can get the reduced reservation from other sources. I did my tree bit differently, I went with Influence cluster - too valuable to not take imo when you have alot of auras and I plan to get another 4% reservation from Sovereignty cluster once I hit 100 very soon! Also I got my High Templar for very good price early on into the league, which lets me run lvl 5 enlighten there, gives me 1 realiable curse and putting me close to 100% crit chance without diamond flask!

But it all comes down to your playstyle and how defensive/offensive you want to build. Currently if I roll my hubris to ~300 es range, I'd sit on 9k ES which is very comfortable for all ingame content except 100% t19s. But I think after I hit 100 I will go bit more offensive and run a Large Thread of Hope for lot of dps options on the tree, also most likely changing tree abit since this char will be left as a stable bosskiller then and dying is not an issue at 100.

Overall about 14m Sirus dps on 2 brands with flasks (Atziri's promise instead of Quartz/Quicksilver flask for bossing) and 3 PC up but I know I can push it further!
Last edited by larsahh_ on May 10, 2021, 2:24:23 PM
Hi guys, im actually struggling with damage, especially in high tier ultimatums. any advice would be massively appreciated. Current budget around 12ex but can get more if I sell some stuff.

https://pastebin.com/b5YcXsxW
Transcendent Flesh is at least 10%. Awakened Controlled Destruction is huge. A better wand. Buy a 40% Storm Brand enchant helm and a Redeemer Orb and roll -9 on it. All that is probably around 12ex.
"
Transcendent Flesh is at least 10%. Awakened Controlled Destruction is huge. A better wand. Buy a 40% Storm Brand enchant helm and a Redeemer Orb and roll -9 on it. All that is probably around 12ex.

Thanks, could you suggest what stats to look for in a better wand? I have been looking for +2 level, 100crit and spell dmg with open suffix for trigger sockete gem but those start from 20ex with decent rolls. Will definately get transcendent flesh, aknd controlled destruction and try to enchant the helm tho. Updated budget now is around 30ex, did some quite big sales
Since you have more currency to shop with, picking up a Bottled Faith is probably a strong purchase for you as well.

There is a section in the guide about wands. To be fair, there is a ton of room between your wand and a +2 god-wand. Yours only has 3 affixes doing anything for your DPS.

You could start with a search like this: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ultimatum/6Lbovp9hG
And play around with the different counts and see what pops up at various times during the day. You can look for just prefixes, scour suffixes and go the multi-mod route. You can hunt for +1 fractured/synth bases and take a shot at crafting something amazing. You can self-cast Wave and Mark and go for a 6-mod wand instead.

I have no idea what will work best for anyone but me so I don't have any advice on which path you should choose.

i struggle a little with survability in T16 maps. I know im on standard and could just use legacy gear and get 15k ES. But i dont have the currency for it.

What could i update, or what would be the best update to increase my survability?

Cold resistance is the highest for wise oak, that should be case for it, shouldn't it?

PoB if someone wants to crunch numbers:

https://pastebin.com/j1grBp2e

"
Camatoo wrote:
i struggle a little with survability in T16 maps. I know im on standard and could just use legacy gear and get 15k ES. But i dont have the currency for it.

What could i update, or what would be the best update to increase my survability?

Cold resistance is the highest for wise oak, that should be case for it, shouldn't it?

PoB if someone wants to crunch numbers:

https://pastebin.com/j1grBp2e

Looking at your gear i would assume you just run some risky map mods. We dont have that many defenses, so oneshots are quite common with several bad map mods together. Just care for the rolls, that should help alot.

Especially the crit multiplier and damage as XElement are dangerous.
Anyone here have the Aspect of Spider beastcraft recipe ?
I did buy Fenumus and used it but still don't have the recipe, not sure if it's bug or you have to find it in map to get one.
I'm at 1.4M in POB dps, I know I need some more levels to fill in a bit. And gems to finish leveling. But I thought I would be a bit higher.

Wand does not have +1 Lightning but otherwise pretty strong I thought.

Anything glaring I'm missing?
https://pastebin.com/686qHDw9

Thanks for any advice!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info