Totems and new skills

"
Elua wrote:
tl:dr -

- totems always sucks.

...narf
"
xMustard wrote:
So i still don't fully understand everything about totems, i just don't play them very often.

The new skill Corrupted Fever states
"
Draw out your own blood to power a buff, letting you inflect the corrupting blood debuff on enemies you hit, dealing physical damage over time for a shorter secondary duration. The buff's duration will be refreshed if you spend enough life before it expires.

as i understand it, totems are basically mirrors of you. they inherit your stats, but they use their own skills, right?
what about buffs? do totems inherit your buffs? AKA if you used corrupted fever, would totems be able to inflict corrupting blood on enemies?

in the reveal, Chris is also heard stating
"
Corrupting blood stacks up with each hit, causing more and more physical damage over time

so yeah im very optimistic about this skill...curious how it goes with totems.

awe dude reaper totems sounds hilarious
Delirium ended...
But the Voices never did.
"
Fauxxx_NL wrote:

awe dude reaper totems sounds hilarious

My other totem thought.
...narf
Last edited by SqueakyToyOfTerror on Apr 9, 2021, 12:11:20 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Totems are not you, and do not have your buffs or stats. They use your skills.

The Corrupting Fever buff will be on you, so the skill will only apply corrupted blood to enemies you hit, not to enemies totems hit while using your skills.

while we are on the topic of totems and such, will the new gems be able to inflict multiple instances of their dot?

more specifically, if i support reap to totem support or a mine/trap support, will those instances of reap all apply a DoT each, or will they just apply their Hit damage and refresh the duration of the Dot?

and what happens if you support arcanist brand to these gems?

if you support arcanist brand to exsanguinate, will the tendrils be cast from your position, like a blade vortex situation, or will the tendrils spawn from the brand's location?
sounds like only exsanguinate can stack up to 3 times, and all others will just refresh their duration.

the only thing that does stack is corrupting fever, giving corrupted blood stacks. i assume up to a limit of 20 just like on us, but i don't see any reference to it on the gem or anything.

just sounds like corrupting fever can only be used with self-casting
"
ekaye wrote:
Yes, why is "fiddle with the target's resistances" an "offensive stat", but "inflict damage over time" not? How is an aura granting damage to you different from Corrupting Fever granting "apply corrupting blood on hit" to you?
Corrupting Fever is not granting "apply corrupted blood on hit" to you.

The coorrupting fever skill puts a buff on you, and tracks what you do while you have the buff. The skill notices when you hit things, and that causes it to calculate a corrupted blood debuff, based on it's own skill stats, and apply that. The corrupted blood is not applied by your hit (which is with another skill), it's applied by corruping fever, because it needs to have the stats of that skill.

This is exactly the same as all the heralds, which likewise put a buff on you and then actively do things in repsonse to what you do.
Why not call it a herald then? Herald of Hemorrhage. There you go.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Probably because they didn't want it to require reserving the majority of your mana to use effectively for damage.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Herald skills interact with various passives and items like Purposeful Harbinger and The Coming Calamity, and they probably didn't want another skill interacting with them.

Mark's explanation makes sense, but I was confused because "when you hit" effects typically don't specifically interact with the enemy you hit, they do things like granting Virulence or creating consecrated ground. As far as I know, this is the first "when you hit" effect that does something to what you hit, which in my mind lumped it in with e.g. hinder/intimidate/cover in ash on hit, which do work with proxies.
"
ekaye wrote:
As far as I know, this is the first "when you hit" effect that does something to what you hit

I think Infernal Cry buff does that. It has its own hit effect after the hit with the initial attack happens, hence why we abused it to make insane builds with free fortify, culling etc...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info