I carve real animal skulls, here's my artwork

Guessing your original thread got autolocked due to inactivity. Welcome back, and awesome work as always.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Flying_Mage wrote:
Beautiful and epic.

Thank you :)

"
crunkatog wrote:
From an anatomist's point of view, your technique of openwork on the maxillae leaving the entirety of the sphenoid-sphenopalatine architecture in place is fantastic.

(For those watching at home, those latter are the very thin and fine scaffolding of bones and cartilages that support the connections between our throats, inner ears, noses, and sinuses. They give our voices resonance and act as cable stays for 5 or so major cranial nerve systems.)

They're typically hard to visualize so this is where delicate work like yours can show them off nicely. Many animals have distinctive vocalizations and looking at how the palate and sinuses are configured, can demonstrate how and why. (Or you could use a tagged 3D imaging program to collate MRI slices and reconstruct them.)

Also it looks cool af :D Very much Einhar business!

I do like showing the inner parts on some works, i have some where they are even easier too see i have to find photos of them and post them here :D

"
Turtledove wrote:
Amazing!

Thank you for sharing

Thanks a lot, glad you like it:D

"
gandhar0 wrote:
I like the decently/slightly carved skulls the most and dislike the ones where's hardly any bone left.

You're truly a RL Einhar. Good job.

Im really glad to hear that, males me feel like i can make stuff that everyone likes:D

"
Shovelcut wrote:
There aren't words to describe exactly how much I love your work! I wish I could see these in person.

Of this batch, the second is my favorite!

Also for all involved in this thread: lolozori has demonstrated exactly what "Einhar business" is, long ago...
Spoiler

Thanks a lot!! ill post some videos on youtube of them at some point, maybe that will make a more like in person viewing, at least until this corona ends and i can finally hold an exhbition
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
"
VictorDoom wrote:
"
Nichelle_GGG wrote:
I love all of these. Query - do you carve skulls found or surrendered or do you actively purchase them with the intention to carve in mind?

I rarely purchase them, that i only do when someone wants a commission on a specific type of skull so i buy it for them and carve it. Most of them are found or are from farmers whose livestock died, they bring them to me since there isnt really anything they can do with the heads and i pay them:)

Neat! Thanks for the answer, hopefully will get to see more in the future!
you... are amazing!

Is this considered scrimshaw?
<<<Obsessed with skeletons btw, Love this!
Delirium ended...
But the Voices never did.
These are just drop dead gorgeous! Fantastic work.
"
Fauxxx_NL wrote:
you... are amazing!

oh boy I never thought of it that way but hmm

Netsuke and scrimshaw happen on teeth, technically

Horn is also technically not bone or tooth. Hmm

Probably every society on earth has had some form of this type of decorative treatment of organic shapes and materials, and several different names for different styles, but most are probably lost to history or abandoned as bone and other organics were discarded for metallurgy and woodworking and stone.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
"
Guessing your original thread got autolocked due to inactivity. Welcome back, and awesome work as always.

Yea i didnt post in that one for a very long time

"
Nichelle_GGG wrote:
"
VictorDoom wrote:
"
Nichelle_GGG wrote:
I love all of these. Query - do you carve skulls found or surrendered or do you actively purchase them with the intention to carve in mind?

I rarely purchase them, that i only do when someone wants a commission on a specific type of skull so i buy it for them and carve it. Most of them are found or are from farmers whose livestock died, they bring them to me since there isnt really anything they can do with the heads and i pay them:)

Neat! Thanks for the answer, hopefully will get to see more in the future!

Sure ill post more, i got some big sculptures ill put on here too soon, very glad you like them:D

"
Fauxxx_NL wrote:
you... are amazing!

I think its mostly considered sculpture broadly speaking, scrimshaw is usually done in ivory/whale tooth

"
Necrolyte wrote:
These are just drop dead gorgeous! Fantastic work.

Thank you very much!!

"
crunkatog wrote:
"
Fauxxx_NL wrote:
you... are amazing!

oh boy I never thought of it that way but hmm

Netsuke and scrimshaw happen on teeth, technically

Horn is also technically not bone or tooth. Hmm

Probably every society on earth has had some form of this type of decorative treatment of organic shapes and materials, and several different names for different styles, but most are probably lost to history or abandoned as bone and other organics were discarded for metallurgy and woodworking and stone.

Yea im not sure what exactly it would be named, broadly its sculpture as i said above, but it doesnt really fit into any of the specializations of sculptures, since i pretty much use all of the techniques used in different types of sculpture
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Apr 18, 2021, 11:28:42 AM
My Mrs. follows you on Insta, OP.
Nice work.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Very, very nice!

Aesthetics, patterns and deaths.
When I first saw your post I was like "I don't have time for that right now" but now that I've seen what you do, WOW! I'm sorry I didn't look sooner! Great job!
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt. ~Sun Tzu

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info