Avatar of the Chase and Iron Reflexes

Avatar of the Chase node reads "35% more chance to Evade Melee Attacks during Onslaught" and "35% more chance to Evade Projectile Attacks during Onslaught".

So my idea was to go with Iron reflexes and expected one of two things to happened, either I kept the 35% evade while having zero evasion, or having that evade chance converted to damage reduction. But in actuality, neither is happening, or at least that is what I am observing, I compared my damage reductions values with the ones of a friend playing a Champ, switching gear to match the different armor values my Raider gets (Frenzy charges, Lion's Roar, Jade flask, etc.)and the DR values are close. Of course it doesn't show up on the tooltip.

What I want from the readers is if you can shed some light on the matter, was foolish of me to expect any of this to happen? would it better to go with Quartz Infusion instead of Avatar of the Chase?

BTW, this is my first post ever, so I apologize if this has been clarified before, I didn't find it so... also, sorry about my english.
Last bumped on Apr 8, 2021, 11:44:27 AM
35% more = multiply your evade chance by 1.35
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
But it doesn't say 35% more evasion and remember that PoE is very specific with its wording, it says "35% more chance to Evade".
the chance to evade though is the value you get after evasion is applied, It doesn't do anything if you have iron reflexes because your evade chance is 0 - if you however get some flat evade chance from items I believe it would work on those but the values are very low as they are intended for the top of evade chance not the bottom.
Don't think so, my three has Survivalist allocated which grants +3% evasion chance (which does show up on the tooltip). It seems like the whole 35% evade chance is wasted then. Seems unfair but, but I guess getting a 35% flat DR would've been too much.

BTW, PoB doesn't handle this interactions correctly, just in case anyone would try to check that way.
yes PoE is very specific in wording. It always does exactly what it says, nothing less, nothing more:). IR says it converts your Evasion to Armour. It soes not say a word about converting any other stat to flat PDR or anything.

"more" modifiers always do the same, they add the stated % based on the current value. If your current value is zero, you end up with zero.
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Apr 7, 2021, 5:35:43 PM
I think that I found the root of my confusion, the 35% more is not additive, but multiplicative and it doesn't interact with Evasion directly, while the +3% evasion from survivalist is additive.

So if you have 60% evade chance Avatar of the Chase won't take you all the way to 95%, it will end up being 60+(60*0.35)=81%

In this case the second part of the node is completely wasted with IR and my build is ruined, but I guess now I know a bit more about the game. Wish there was another option to build into phys damage, but I guess it's just not meant to be.

Thnx for the replies, it does help me to clarify stuff.
the 35% more chance to evade works on all things that give you evade chance.

with iron reflexes, it takes out all evasion, but not evade chance. so, you can still get a base 50% evade chance by blinding enemies, which would be boosted (35% more) to 67.5% (i think it rounds down to 67?)

so yeah...that happens.
Blind is after evade chance has otherwise been calculated, afaik. So it wouldn't be boosted by avatar of the chase.
Украина в моём сердце
"
xMustard wrote:
the 35% more chance to evade works on all things that give you evade chance.

with iron reflexes, it takes out all evasion, but not evade chance. so, you can still get a base 50% evade chance by blinding enemies, which would be boosted (35% more) to 67.5% (i think it rounds down to 67?)

so yeah...that happens.

From the wiki "Blind (known as Blinded in status icon) is a debuff that lessens the chance to hit of the affected target by 50%". So no evade chance interaction.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info