Stutter - Stop - Crash or Die

While I am playing POE my character will randomly decide to stop running/moving and become unresponsive. Sometimes for a fraction of a second, but enough to be disruptive, and sometimes for a few seconds, more than long enough to get killed. In many instances, if teh character freezes for more than say 3 seconds, PoE will go back to the login screen saying unexpected disconnect.

Is this an issue on my part? I've got 32GB DDR4 memory with NVidia GEFORCE RTX 2070 8GB GPU so the game should be running fluidly, as it was until about 6 days ago....

Please advise how I can check if this is an issue with my connection somehow
Last bumped on Apr 9, 2021, 3:51:59 AM
"
JediMindset wrote:
While I am playing POE my character will randomly decide to stop running/moving and become unresponsive. Sometimes for a fraction of a second, but enough to be disruptive, and sometimes for a few seconds, more than long enough to get killed. In many instances, if teh character freezes for more than say 3 seconds, PoE will go back to the login screen saying unexpected disconnect.

Is this an issue on my part? I've got 32GB DDR4 memory with NVidia GEFORCE RTX 2070 8GB GPU so the game should be running fluidly, as it was until about 6 days ago....

Please advise how I can check if this is an issue with my connection somehow

You will need to start a WinMTR report against the correct instance IP and then starts playing.
The guide for WinMTR is here -->
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1377789

So go into a "play" instance (like a map), get the instance IP from client.txt file. Now start WinMTR and keep it running while you finish the map.
Post the result here + what PoE gateway you are using.

Also did you try other PoE gateways ?
The results can be found here... https://pastebin.com/cQFfXM8y

I am on the Washington, DC gateway as it has the lowest ping. Canada is second best at only a few more ms. I've tried using other gateways but I have the same problem.

Pressing F1 to see the charts, I was running this map with FPS between 25-30, latency steady around 70-100 with spikes up to 1900. Not a pleasant experience...

I have tried using many different NVidia Control Panel settings as per various youtube videos to maximize performance, with one result being worse than the next. I was running POE smooth as a Michael Jackson criminal for months on this setup and then randomly, around 3/30/21, everything went to shit.
"
JediMindset wrote:
The results can be found here... https://pastebin.com/cQFfXM8y

I am on the Washington, DC gateway as it has the lowest ping. Canada is second best at only a few more ms. I've tried using other gateways but I have the same problem.

Pressing F1 to see the charts, I was running this map with FPS between 25-30, latency steady around 70-100 with spikes up to 1900. Not a pleasant experience...

I have tried using many different NVidia Control Panel settings as per various youtube videos to maximize performance, with one result being worse than the next. I was running POE smooth as a Michael Jackson criminal for months on this setup and then randomly, around 3/30/21, everything went to shit.

You need to talk to your ISP -->
67.59.237.69 - 5 | 307 | 294 | 7 | 9 | 40 | 8 |

You have 5% packet loss starting on your 3 hop (maybe on the 2 that is between your house and the ISP network) and PoE can't handle that.
Nothing GGG can do about it.
So, if it is my ISP, are the performance issues resulting from POE trying to find a resolution/performance level to match the ISP speeds/spikes?

Sorry, I've learned a lot about systems and hardware but networking is beyond me...
Also, I'm sure it's a yes, but would I be better off hardwiring an ethernet connection to my PC instead of relying on the wireless card? Perhaps that's part of the issue?

I'm just dumbfounded why everything WAS running tip top until just a week ago and then like total downfall...
"
JediMindset wrote:
Also, I'm sure it's a yes, but would I be better off hardwiring an ethernet connection to my PC instead of relying on the wireless card? Perhaps that's part of the issue?

I'm just dumbfounded why everything WAS running tip top until just a week ago and then like total downfall...

Well GGG DEV team has confirmed several time that WiFI and PoE is not a good match. WiFi can make your connection "unstable" with FPS spikes. So using WiFi AND having an ISP connection with packet loss, well that just makes it even worse......

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info