Gain a flask charge on critical strike

Having tried this very rare hunter specific belt prefix I have come to the conclusion it has something like a 1 second cooldown. Can anyone confirm?

As a mod it sounds amazing for boss fights if you are doing 50 crits per second but on testing the mod is utterly worthless because the boss is dead before you gain enough charges to use a flask. Even a generic mana flask may only gain 3-4 charges (not uses) in the space of 30 seconds.
Last bumped on Apr 7, 2021, 6:45:39 PM
Yes, this mod is bad because you get a single charge, to a single flask at a time. I think this number scales with "Increased Charges Gained", but it's still bad.
"
6_din_49 wrote:
Yes, this mod is bad because you get a single charge, to a single flask at a time. I think this number scales with "Increased Charges Gained", but it's still bad.

Wow thanks, even worse than I thought.
Each and every effect of "Flask Charge gain on crit" has a minimum, hidden cooldown of 0.1 seconds since 3.8.0. This is a buff, since it was 0.2 since 2.5.0. Also, 2.5.0 made sure Master Surgeon, The Harvest and pretty much any other source of flaskChargeOnCrit could only receive 1 flask charge, instead of 1 flask charge for each flask
Last edited by Maxtrux on Apr 7, 2021, 9:14:00 AM
"
Maxtrux wrote:
Each and every effect of "Flask Charge gain on crit" has a minimum, hidden cooldown of 0.1 seconds since 3.8.0. This is a buff, since it was 0.2 since 2.5.0. Also, 2.5.0 made sure Master Surgeon, The Harvest and pretty much any other source of flaskChargeOnCrit could only receive 1 flask charge, instead of 1 flask charge for each flask

Thanks this explains alot. So you basically have to make an entire build around this/these skills to make it/them usful.

100ms cooldown x 5 would mean 2 flask charges per second on consistant critcal hits. On bosses where 90%+ of the fight is immune phases makes this skill build specific and would be far better to invest into mana/life regen instead for most classes.

Having 2 x "gain a flask charge on crit" and 100% "flask charge gained" would be 8 flask charges per second per flask according to the discription. That would be amazing IF it didn't require +-30 skill points and specific mods/uniques. Food for thought.

Thanks again for the responses guys.

There's also a Watcher's Eye mod with "Gain a Flask Charge when you deal a Critical Strike while affected by Precision".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info