[3.18] (((Abandoned))) Donkster5' The Toxic Tank! RIP 3.19 due to mana res issues

"
HeroFack wrote:
Hi!
Do I need to remove Flash And Stone and replace it with malevolence? Or should we leave everything together?
Sorry for my english :D

I would replace it when you feel you are strong enough without added defense. Malevolence is more damage. Flesh and Stone is more defense. It also matters how far you are. I made the switch after the third lab (izaro). Right before getting into maps.
~Donkster5
Loving this build so far, but I've got a question.

What does the health of our Ballista scale off of? The Ballista Support gem, or Toxic Rain? Because they get erased pretty dang quickly in ultimatums.
"
XCaedisX wrote:
Loving this build so far, but I've got a question.

What does the health of our Ballista scale off of? The Ballista Support gem, or Toxic Rain? Because they get erased pretty dang quickly in ultimatums.

Yes, Ultimatum mobs seem tougher on totems than the ritual ones did. My solution has been to put mirage archer in my self cast and run around until I have a little space. Then i spam totems and then selfcast to get a layer of pods down. Let that kill some things then flask and run to another open spot. Same for the stone rings just stop in the rings.

If you have not allocated Panopticon yet, you can spec into Ironwood, two passives up. I believe totems have their own life that scales off the gem level.

Edit: If you look at reddit, it seems we aren’t the only ones having some amount of trouble with ultimatums. Luckily, we can survive. Less tanky builds are really struggling with them. Personally, I think that’s a good thing that forces players to build more balanced characters versus the SC meta pure dps builds.
~Donkster5
Last edited by Donkster5 on Apr 20, 2021, 12:01:51 PM
what mods on bow should I be looking for? is high dps on a bow the must?
"
PathToGod wrote:

The weapon dps does not matter at all, but the weapons base attack speed is really important. That’s why a short, grove, or thicket bow are the best ones. Mods to look for are:

1. +# socketed gems (bow or support depending on if you have an empower gem)
2. Attack speed (T1 is 17-19%)
3. DoT Multiplier
4. Chaos DoT can be unveiled and crafted on.

I currently have the following bow in Ultimatum, and it’s pretty close to being amazing. There’s an amazing one in the build guide. I’ll probably try to remove the phys damage and exalt slam it to see if I can hit +1 socketed gems later in the league. I will also change the enchant to +% attack speed

~Donkster5
Last edited by Donkster5 on Apr 20, 2021, 6:06:47 PM
"
Donkster5 wrote:
"
PathToGod wrote:

The weapon dps does not matter at all, but the weapons base attack speed is really important. That’s why a short, grove, or thicket bow are the best ones. Mods to look for are:

3. DoT Multiplier

I currently have the following bow in Ultimatum, and it’s pretty close to being amazing. There’s an amazing one in the build guide. I’ll probably try to remove the phys damage and exalt slam it to see if I can hit +1 socketed gems later in the league. I will also change the enchant to +% attack speed

thx. if bow speed is the most important then why not just stick with Quill Rain or Storm Cloud which all have insane speed? how far will I go with those.
"
PathToGod wrote:
"
Donkster5 wrote:
"
PathToGod wrote:

3. DoT Multiplier

thx. if bow speed is the most important then why not just stick with Quill Rain or Storm Cloud which all have insane speed? how far will I go with those.

A Quill Rain will take you very far. Well into maps if you need it to.

TR scales off of gem level and so a mix of the two plus anything else like DoT or Chaos Dot Multi work great.

Empower is a really powerful endgame gem in the six-link setup because it scales all the other gems on the links. A Level 4 empower on a +3 gems bow is an insane dot dps boost because it lifts TR to like level 26 or 27.

The bow I have is a "poor man's" endgame bow until I can get an Empower and a better bow. Honestly, I'm more focused on the other aspects as my bow is plenty good. I'm cruising pretty well through tier 14+ maps with pretty scuffed gear.

Just crafted the +fortify lions pelt and its an immediate tanky boost. I'll add additional mods as I run across them in harvests.
~Donkster5
Hello, thanks for this build is pretty fun and tanky.

Here my currently stuff, i've just hit T13 maps @ Awakening 4, my damage begins to reduce against the Conquerors what can I change in priority to push more the damages ?

i've currently 5400 HP

Spoiler

Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABQQDegDuA6IFLQW1BqAG5wiJDY0SjhUgFr8ZtBtGIuIi6iP2JT8mlSpNK-cs6S2DLlMvJDBxMHwyATWSNj031DpCO7o_J0HTQzFH4kkTSn1KyEt4TP9Nkk4qUUdVS1b6WW1br11oXzlfmGHiYqxkhGVNZ6Br1GyMbWxuqnGhdO12gnfXe9R_K4SUhrOGzod2iXGJ4Irwi6aMNo19jb-PT5MflQWa8ZstnAKdqqQFpDmqzbCrsTCyGbTRtQi1SLXyun-9Nr6nvrfDOsN5xILIDMqpzzLPetNv1CPWVNi92sHdDd2o45_jsOZY53To1uxc7T_4gvm9_goA?accountName=VidarNanowish&characterName=AOXQRain
"
VidarNanowish wrote:
Hello, thanks for this build is pretty fun and tanky.

Here my currently stuff, i've just hit T13 maps @ Awakening 4, my damage begins to reduce against the Conquerors what can I change in priority to push more the damages ?

i've currently 5400 HP

That's some pretty good gear you've accumulated. A couple big but easy fixes are to switch out the empowers on both of the TR setups to Efficacy for the time being. Until the empowers are higher level and you have +# to socketed support gems, Efficacy will provide you a bigger damage boost. You could also try concentrated effect but only for bosses as it would slow down your mapping.

I also suggest you switch out SA on your chest to Mirage Archer as that works better in Ultimatum trials without much of a straight DPS loss.

Your jewels are kinda trash except for the one with life, mana, etc. Get better ones when possible.

Lastly, just focus on more... more attack speed, more DoT Multi.

I just ran a pretty juicy T16 at level 88 with worse gear overall, but a better bow, and I'm killing stuff pretty easily. My issue is getting better gear and adding life. 4500 isn't enough for endgame bosses.

~Donkster5
Last edited by Donkster5 on Apr 21, 2021, 1:53:23 AM
Started this build few days ago and now level 89, now able to do red rare maps and complete the whole utimatum

i think increasing the dps is the way to go to better clear ultimatum as they die too fast and if they dont have enough dps, the monster will chase around you and you will run out of flasks. I think making your totem 500k+ dps is needed for higher tier ultimatum

also the totem cluster jewel with life on kill is super important to stay alive in ultimatum

Now working towards enlighten support to reserve aspect of spider, but the mana regen is something that is pretty problematic when not using a hybrid or mana flask

Now my body 6 link is tr , vp, vm, mirage archer, life gain on hit, life tap this is enough damage for clearing trash mob in t16 with 2-3 shots and some life recover when bossing

Want to ask if i use the vitality watcher's eye, does the life gain on hit mod on the watcher's eye gives life to the totem or the player? if it gives the life to the totem, will it greatly increase their survivability in ultimatum?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info