[3.18] (((Abandoned))) Donkster5' The Toxic Tank! RIP 3.19 due to mana res issues

@Donkster5 thanks for your time and guide.
i used this entire time LUL

now I get the right gem and this is new set up

"
lordfratos wrote:
@Donkster5 thanks for your time and guide.
i used this entire time LUL

Haha, yes that should help! Flasks look great. You can switch out the mana flask to dying sun or a silver flask when you stop needing it. TBH, I never did get the elreons crafts so just used the mana flask all the way. Killed Shaper, UE, and Catarina first try and deathless over the weekend with the mana flask. I’m hoping to upload videos tonight, but they need some editing due to my video capture capturing the whole desktop instead of just the game.
~Donkster5
Hey, great build, have been having great success with it, not a hc player by default so taking my time. Three bosses away from Sirius ( never done him ), If I die after killing him I'm happy. Anyway perhaps you could comment on my build a bit and some of my own thoughts.

I dont understand enduring cry, so I rarely use it, it just seems dangerous to do it (to stand in place)? I did opt for Fortify with crushed, as it seemed Fortify bonus outweighs it, but I understand Enduring cry phys reduction is also reduced now so I might need an alternative skill there?

Mostly t14-16 is fine, ultimatums are the sketchy part, mostly doable but still feels like missing maybe some damage sometimes. I went the selfcast to more support role just to apply despair, as it felt much safer just to run around, but maybe there is a better setup.

Would like to use aspect of spider but kinda sketchy, how can I fit it all definitely need to keep Flesh and Stone, getting a chest piece with blind is unlikely in HC, so need survivability, maybe enlighten 4 and a lower level vitality and respec stance points to lower reserve but I dont swap stances so not sure how worth it is.

Still havent gotten Elreon top tier -mana enchants. but that will change eventually. Thread of Hope and added skill effect duration gives damage? Maybe I should Invest in it.

Anyway All in all very pleased with your build and how far I've taken it.

"
rkaiser wrote:
I dont understand enduring cry, so I rarely use it, it just seems dangerous to do it (to stand in place)? I did opt for Fortify with crushed, as it seemed Fortify bonus outweighs it, but I understand Enduring cry phys reduction is also reduced now so I might need an alternative skill there?

Enduring Cry is what your life flask wishes it could be. At 20/0 with Second Wind mine is giving me just shy of 2000 life in 1 second, as well as the benefits that 3 endurance charges provide. However I see you're using two life flasks so maybe you've got that situation covered.
Last edited by biglimezzana on May 3, 2021, 7:29:08 PM
New video up! Uber Elder deathless, again... but in 3.14. I ran Shaper (Maven Witness), Catarina, and Uber Elder all this weekend and was deathless. Shaper and Catarina were easy! UE was, well, it was UE. I'm doing ~1M DoT DPS per totem per PoB. I think I'm done for trade league for the moment. I'm going to try SSFHC, which is something I've never done (outside of the Gauntlet). This build makes that feasible for me.

Video link: https://youtu.be/smSG6KBle8E

Gear used:

And a Thread of Hope (Very Large Ring) per the PoB.

Everything was self-found other than the chest, helmet, and boot bases and the bow. Influenced items were self crafted after buying the bases.
~Donkster5
Last edited by Donkster5 on May 4, 2021, 12:22:36 AM
"
rkaiser wrote:
Hey, great build, have been having great success with it, not a hc player by default so taking my time. Three bosses away from Sirius ( never done him ), If I die after killing him I'm happy. Anyway perhaps you could comment on my build a bit and some of my own thoughts.

Mostly t14-16 is fine, ultimatums are the sketchy part, mostly doable but still feels like missing maybe some damage sometimes. I went the selfcast to more support role just to apply despair, as it felt much safer just to run around, but maybe there is a better setup.

Would like to use aspect of spider but kinda sketchy, how can I fit it all definitely need to keep Flesh and Stone, getting a chest piece with blind is unlikely in HC, so need survivability, maybe enlighten 4 and a lower level vitality and respec stance points to lower reserve but I dont swap stances so not sure how worth it is.

Still havent gotten Elreon top tier -mana enchants. but that will change eventually. Thread of Hope and added skill effect duration gives damage? Maybe I should Invest in it.

Anyway All in all very pleased with your build and how far I've taken it.

95 in HC, nice work!

As far as gear goes, a couple things I notice are that 1) I'd drop one life flask and replace it with a basalt or jade flask and 2) 100% elemental avoidance is super valuable. There are a couple ways to get there; shaper boots can give up to 35% ele avoidance, you can craft up to 25% on gloves and helmet, and we get 20% from the tree. There's other passives you can chase and a cluster jewel mod called elegant form that gives a bunch. Either way, getting to 100% makes your life a lot easier.

Thread of Hope gives a really nice damage boost between Harrier (AS and Movement Speed) and the increased duration passives.

I'd say that Flesh and Stone is better for you than Aspect of the Spider. That's the premise I'm using for SSFHC. Aspect of the Spider is really nice in that it slows and adds damage, but F&S has other benefits. It's pretty much one or the other... or you drop malevolence.
~Donkster5
"
rkaiser wrote:

For selfcast TR in ultimatums, the witch fire brew applies despair so you could get some more dps with VP and SA in place of HT and Despair. That might make ultimatums easier as the mirage archer would apply more damage. Totems can take a beating in ultimatums, so high power selfcast is really important. i only selfcast despair on bosses when i run out of flasks.
~Donkster5
hi guys. i made this:

is it worth using? screenshot: https://imgur.com/IzjJYTM
"
lordfratos wrote:
hi guys. i made this:

is it worth using? screenshot: https://imgur.com/IzjJYTM
If it were 4 passives instead of 6, then it would be a fine addition to a cluster set. However, in order to fully utilize clusters you really need a mostly full set consisting of a decent large cluster (Chaos - 8 or 9 passive), 2 medium clusters (Chaos DoT and Totem Damage - 4 Passive), and at least one small cluster (dodge - 2 or 3 passives) to get the added elemental avoidance with the "elegant form" mod.

If you don't have a decent full set, it is kind of a waste of passives to get into the cluster section of the tree.
~Donkster5
Last edited by Donkster5 on May 5, 2021, 12:24:52 AM
Which stance i should use in blood and sand?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info