Game not launching.

What worked for me is deleting all the files in "Path of Exile\logs".
Bump up, same issue, as everyone discribed now gonna buy a SSD and leave normal HD as storage, might not be the issue I was playing normally with HD. What boring situation.
"You need to open your mind. Always remember: Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
Just tried to log in this morning and am having the same issue. Was working fine last night. Only 2 spinning gears.

Removing that file that the previous person suggested. It allowed me to get into the game but then I noticed that the graphics looked hotrrible. It was then i noticed that the breaker on the power strip was tripped and I was running the game on all high settings with the laptops battery. As soon as I fixed the power issue, it loads fine now. Thanks!
Last edited by IQof3 on Oct 29, 2022, 2:33:11 PM
Three days ago this problem started for me, but I get the black screen and cursor for 10-15 seconds and then the game finally loads.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
I got up this morning and I am having this same issue, tried a repair, a uninstall and reinstall, and clearing logs nothings working? anyone have a fix for this?

The launcher opens for 2 seconds then a black screen comes up where the game should be then after 15 = 20 seconds it just closes again. Cannot access anything like settings etc during this process. I don't use Steam I just use the GGG launcher client.
Last edited by Ozby on Apr 17, 2023, 5:01:12 PM
Nevermind I put it through steam and got in but there was something wrong with your launcher GGG
Bump, I'm so lost. I've tried everything, I'm on day 3

uninstall/reinstall

reload C++

reload dx

cleared the cmd thingie

deleted all logs

deleted all casche

updated all drivers

rolled back to old drivers

Everytime I boot the game I get 1-2sec in then it crashes to desktop with no error message
I also got this error last night

"IarPositiTerrain/CharacterSelevetion/CharacterSelection2/BlackguardMinorlnquisitor_ao": Filename must end with .ao

I got this on the GGG launch screen
Having same problem :( Game starts for like 5s, only black sceen and then crashes.
Had this problem before two days, so I updated grafic drivers and cleared all cache files and it worked...until now having same issue again.
GGG please fix that asap.
So after I deleted "production_Config.ini" file game runs.
I backupped my old setting, after some copy/paste actions between default config(game working) and my old confing (game crashes) I found that forced directing my sound output to speakers while I had default headphones in windows was causing game crash at start.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info