Why is better crafting in items of lvl 100?

Hi, have a dude and need help, I try to make a very hard craft and need knowedge this:

What are the exact differences between crafting with an lvl 86 item or an lvl 100 item? (at that level, none of the 2 items would have restrictions on the level required to be able to have any mod).

I "knowedge", that with items of lvl 100, you have more % of chance for make a mod with higher value tier (easier to get a T 1 mod)...But:

- Can it also affect other factors?...

- Can mods with (for example) spawn tags of only 250 be easier to exit?...

- Or could it also affect the numerical value of the mod itself?...

If some body can help me, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in advanced.
Last edited by ACID_STORM on Apr 5, 2021, 7:37:07 AM
Last bumped on Apr 9, 2021, 3:42:59 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong anyone, but I don't think having an item with higher item level than 86 does anything currently. That's because Tier 1 of some mods require item level 86. You can browse through them https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Two+Hand+Sword (select item to view mods for that item).
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
since I have joined Ive never heard about item level affecting anything else than mod availability.

right now the highest tier mods require ilvl 86. therefor ilvl 86 is equal to ilvl 100
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Yes. (@ above two posts) iLvl sets the break points at which new mod tiers are available, but once you are at a new break point, the mod weights are fixed until the next break point - at least based on everything I've seen. And, as mentioned, 86 is currently the last break point.

My assumption is that iLvl 100 was created as a way of being sure that some things would always be able to get the highest tier mods, regardless of new break points that might be added in the future.

And no, higher iLvl items do not have a higher chance of rolls within a tier being "lucky". At least there is no current data to suggest this.
Last edited by GreyLensman on Apr 5, 2021, 10:19:23 AM
Your question is interesting.

"
ACID_STORM wrote:

What are the exact differences between crafting with an lvl 86 item or an lvl 100 item? (at that level, none of the 2 items would have restrictions on the level required to be able to have any mod).

There is actually no difference between an item ilvl 86 and an ilvl 100, except this very ilvl.

"
ACID_STORM wrote:

I "knowedge", that with items of lvl 100, you have more % of chance for make a mod with higher value tier (easier to get a T 1 mod)

The frequency of t1 mods rolls is also exactly the same for an item ilvl 86 and ilvl 100, they have the very same probability to show.

Yet, keep it mind that it can be very interesting to use a lower ilvl to target very specific mods, such as influence mods.
As for an example, the explode mod from the crusader (ilvl 85) will be easier to get with a chest ilvl 85 than an ilvl 86+.

Usually I use craftofexile website to calculate the less expensive way to achieve an item and I also consider to lower the ilvl of the item to achieve this, taking into account that the maximum tier of the other mods would be lowered.
Thank you very much for all. You've all helped me a lot and now I can make my "final" craft ^^.

Then the theme that an item of lvl 100 you have more chances of being able to take out mods of high tier... it's just a rumor. Unfortunately this rumor is quite expanded. but over time I guess everyone knew the right thing.

Thank you very much again And I hope you all have fun & very gl ^^.

Best Regards.

PD - Latter maybe make another post for have some ideas and diferent metods for my "final" craft (is the most best hard i mkae never....i loose 600 ex and have nothing XD).

Well, If no have a bad luck i think can make ;).
One tiny thing to consider is that I'd expect that over time the developers may add new mods that require item levels higher than 86. This doesn't matter for most players (especially challenge league players) but some players like their items to be "future proof" so if they release new mods then your item would be ready for re-crafting.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info