Getting oneshoted at first map of act 6

what the title says, i guess my witch build is extremely bad, can anyone give some advice or path to take?
Last bumped on Apr 3, 2021, 2:58:50 PM
cap res, throw away your body armor.....

edit: may be all of the gear are for act 1/2 not for 6
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
Last edited by neohongkong on Apr 2, 2021, 10:11:50 PM
what gear should i get?
im new at the game
"
Adrian70051 wrote:
what gear should i get?
im new at the game

get a loot filter....id everything that show by the filter, get resistance and life and ignore everything else at level up. (For attack weapon build it is another thing)
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

1. Pick a build guide and follow it.

2. All your equipment other than weapons/boots should be life/resistance. Other rolls do not matter. You can also bench craft life or resistance.

3. Boots should have movement speed. Life and resistance rolls here are good as well.

4. Your weapon will depend on your skill. Generally speaking, vendor recipe wands for flat damage or for phys weapons is generally strong enough to take you through to maps.
I wrote a build guide specifically for newbies.
Witch Necromancer Skeleton Mages
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3008831

Even if you don't want to run a minion build, there is a lot of good information in there to help you understand the game better.

there is a section titled "General Information and Leveling Tips for Newbies" Inside it are tips for any newbie builds and some specifically for minion builds.

P.S.
PoE is NOT balanced.
For NEWBIES, some builds are much easier than others.
Hardest is Melee
Then Bow (non dot)
Then Caster (non dot)
Then DoT builds.
Easiest are Minion builds.

Yes, a newbie can do a "harder" build, but it will be harder!

P.P.S.
When you killed Kitava at the end of Act 5, you got a permament debuff of -30% to all your resistances.
This is probably why you died right away in Act 6.

You need to get your elemental resists as high as practical.
(They cap out at 75%)
Chaos resist can wait for later.
I'd suggest picking up at least a 4-link chest for your main skill (looks like freezing pulse?). Support it with nice stuff like spell echo, elemental focus (if you don't mind losing the freeze), controlled destruction, etc. You can go back to previous acts and buy these gems if you want. Or since you've started act 6, you can complete the first quest from the pirate lady and she'll sell level 1 versions of all purchaseable gems.

The faster you kill stuff, the less damage you take.
Украина в моём сердце
Last edited by kaijyuu2 on Apr 3, 2021, 2:26:14 AM
"
Odif wrote:
I wrote a build guide specifically for newbies.
Witch Necromancer Skeleton Mages
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3008831

Even if you don't want to run a minion build, there is a lot of good information in there to help you understand the game better.

there is a section titled "General Information and Leveling Tips for Newbies" Inside it are tips for any newbie builds and some specifically for minion builds.

P.S.
PoE is NOT balanced.
For NEWBIES, some builds are much easier than others.
Hardest is Melee
Then Bow (non dot)
Then Caster (non dot)
Then DoT builds.
Easiest are Minion builds.

Yes, a newbie can do a "harder" build, but it will be harder!

P.P.S.
When you killed Kitava at the end of Act 5, you got a permament debuff of -30% to all your resistances.
This is probably why you died right away in Act 6.

You need to get your elemental resists as high as practical.
(They cap out at 75%)
Chaos resist can wait for later.

It just caster build is easier than attack build. With good gear attack can also be a ez mode . Just the learning curve as well as league start grinding is hard for attack build.

"
neohongkong wrote:

It just caster build is easier than attack build. With good gear attack can also be a ez mode . Just the learning curve as well as league start grinding is hard for attack build.

So true...
This is why I wrote "for NEWBIES" with all caps to indicate the list was for newbies, because newbies don't know enough to make attack builds work, and because minion builds are so easy to make work that even a newbie can do it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info