[3.21] Cold Conversion Summoner | Build guides for all budgets | (Ghazzy Zoomancer)

"
Deadandlivin wrote:
"
Domo wrote:

The testing is done on alched T15 maps and I estimate the budget to be ~2 ex.
Overall it feels good but it's very squishy on a budget. Can't tank anything since almost everything goes into damage.

I was running ~4.2k life, sub-optimal flasks and a very incomplete tree, no clusters. No incorrect anoint so wasted points there...

Build was still pretty good even without the Hyrri's Watchers. Just takes a bit more time and care playing.
Last edited by Ulvheart on Oct 16, 2021, 9:58:35 AM
GGG just released this new Unique:

Might not look as much at first but this got me some ideas.
We can actually use it on our AG and get some ridiculous effects.

Body Armour:

Sporeguard mechanics:
When an enemy is killed it triggers Contaminte - This places a Fungal Ground under the killed monster. Whenever AG stands still to hit something a large Fungal ground spawns around the AG.
When standing in Fungal Ground monsters deal 10% less damage, take 10% MORE damage converted to Chaos and explode for 5% of their hp on death. Basically an explodey mod.

Best explodey item out there right now due to its ability to chain react explosions.
Skitterbots provide a "Shock Aura" around them which simply means, if your AG has this chest, all monsters within your Skitterbots Aura will explode.

Weapon:

Pretty simple, more explode effects.

Shield:

(3 power charges to minions on kill, might free up shield slot)

Boots:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlzRfDxGg5c&ab_channel=HenriFx
(Boots basically are a 9% explodey mod on a 2 sec cooldown)

Helm:

When a monster is killed a lesser shrine will be dropped on the ground. You can interact with this shrine by walking over it giving you the listed buffs.
20% life, 10% action speed(As strong as Torrents Reclaimation), 2% max resist and 50% increased Global defenses are all very strong buffs. Shrine effects last for 40 seconds. Don't do anything to buff minion damage though.

Not sure how powerful stuff like this might be and if it's just memes.
But stacking 3 different sources of explodey could actually be ridiculous. We all know how broken the explodey mod was during Ritual(It was strong that GGG had to nerf it). During Ultimatum all elementalists used Inpulsas to boost their clearspeeds aswell.

Early on during the league, we could also run Victario's Charity on the AG and Replica Victario's Charity ourselves. (https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Replica_Victario%27s_Charity)
This would make it so both us and our minions constantly have max Frenzy, Power AND endurance charges.

Just some fun ideas.
Will any of this beat the current AG we use?
Hard to say. I could definitely see a world where you run the gloves corrupted with Elemental Weakness, +1 Curse boots, Obliteration Wand + Victario's Charity for Power Charges, Sporeguard for 10% reduced dmg done by enemies, 10% increased damage taken by enemies and 5% explode and Eye of Malice.
Last edited by Deadandlivin on Oct 15, 2021, 10:04:36 PM
Main problem is AG doesn't gain skills and can't trigger skills :(

Everything else will proc though!
🔰🌀✨ Video guides on youtube! https://www.youtube.com/KayGaming ✨🌀🔰
🔶🔷🔶 Kay's Summoner build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3179145 🔶🔷🔶
Why not just go phys brutality or impale? There is a korean phys build, that seems interesting: https://www.reddit.com/r/PathOfExileBuilds/comments/p1n7td/korean_spectre_guide_physical_impale_crit_aura/
Last edited by Vortigaunt1337 on Oct 17, 2021, 11:10:11 AM
"
Why not just go phys brutality or impale? There is a korean phys build, that seems interesting: https://www.reddit.com/r/PathOfExileBuilds/comments/p1n7td/korean_spectre_guide_physical_impale_crit_aura/

Trying to make a phys version of the build is my Plan B.

The problem with going full phys is that there simply doesn't exist a good ranged phys damage spectre. The only good ranged spectre that does pure phys damage is Syndicate Operative and it's getting completely destroyed next league.
I don't see any reason to use it at all.

The only good ranged spectres left are Redemption Sentries, Hyrri's Watch, Frost Auto Scouts and Artless Assassins. RS and Hyrris do 75% cold conversion so can't go phys. Scouts are casters that do 100% cold damage and Artless Assassins are 75% fire conversion.

Another problem with phys is how to scale it.
All phys minion builds usually scale their minions through aura stacking, and aura stacking is getting destroyed next league too. That means you have no means of scaling pure phys impale builds for the endgame.
As an example, the post you linked is to an Aura stacker SO build.
That type of build will be impossible to make next league.
"
Deadandlivin wrote:

Just some fun ideas.
Hard to say. I could definitely see a world where you run the gloves corrupted with Elemental Weakness, +1 Curse boots, Obliteration Wand + Victario's Charity for Power Charges, Sporeguard for 10% reduced dmg done by enemies, 10% increased damage taken by enemies and 5% explode and Eye of Malice.

I think you can annoint the spore guard so you don't need the +1 curse boots for the AG?

"
"
Deadandlivin wrote:

Just some fun ideas.

I think you can annoint the spore guard so you don't need the +1 curse boots for the AG?

Unfortunately it looks like AG can't procc "skills" on kill. This means Sporeguard won't be proccing Contaminate making severely reducing the power of the chest. It might still be applying Fungal Growth around itself, but I think Inpulsa is just better. Fungal Growth still gives ~10% damage increase and 10% reduced damage done so if it work it could be good for bosses.

You can annoint Sporeguard but it won't do anything for you because it's the AG equipping the item. We don't get any bonuses from the items AGs use unless it's aura stuff.
Seems the build is doomed. It's likely still playable, but definitely not tier1 anymore.
"
Seems the build is doomed. It's likely still playable, but definitely not tier1 anymore.

All minion builds got scuffed this league.

I'm still gonna try to make it work but wouldn't recommend running ANY minion build to anyone else this league.

Minions really got nerfed hard in the early game.
Our medium clusters got removed aswell so dunno about the lategame scaling.

Looking at trappers and miners aswell they say they've lost like 200% increased damage from their skill tree so maybe we're not alone.

Dissapointed in GGG that they nerfed another ~30% damage nerf across the board under the guise of "updating" the skill tree.

This is just a flashy way to nerf everything again.
Oh nooooo, i would love a 3.16 version of this build, even with the changes, ive been playing minions for 3-4 leagues now and i love it, this build is the most fun ive had in the game :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info