SC Build for 36 challanges TR / SA / Wild Strike / Mage Skel? Something else?

Hi all!

I know that 3.14 Patch notes are comming but some builds have not changed much lately and I am already thinking about what to play next.

What build would be suitable to get 36 Challanges as fast as possible without too much investment (~10EX)?

Interesting Builds i consider are:

Toxic Rain / Caustic Arrow Pathfinder
Scourge Arrow Pathfinder
Lightning Wild Strike Raider
Skeleton Mage Necro (leveling as Armageddon Brand maybe)

Last bumped on Apr 3, 2021, 2:56:18 AM
I enjoy PF. It's fairly tanky with very good QoL when you build her right. Have used CA/TR for leveling into Scourge Arrow and Pestilent Strike (claws). Don't really know how CA/TR plays in maps and beyond.

I don't mind complex builds, but I like them on the robust side with decent (not crazy) damage. Vortex/Cold Snap is nice for that and BladeBlast Chieftain is really solid right now. Almost meta. Probably counts as meta for HCSSF.

Neither of those will be as fast as a PF but they both clear quite well and do fine on bosses.

I am not as challenge guy - I just play - so no idea whether there are any challenges those guys are bad for.

Last edited by GreyLensman on Apr 1, 2021, 7:29:52 PM
The OP mentions Skeleton Mages....

I happen to have written a build guide for Skeleton Mages.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3008831

The build guide is written for newbies, but lots of experienced players have used it as a league starter.

It is amazing for how far you can go on minimal currency.

It also scales with investment.

In a week or so, I will update it for 3.14
I will probably play Skeleton Mages next league.

It seems you can get relativly far without much investmet.

On the other Hand CA/TR/SA Pathfinder still seems to be a faster mapper, Minions may have issues with some conditional Challanges and if i look up the top Skeleton Mage builds on Ninja the Weapons they use are 40+ EX.

Thinking about a variant using Fleshcrafter and Femurs of the Saints.

Vortex / Bladeblast may be an idea for a potential Gauntlet Race.
Last edited by Slowdice2 on Apr 2, 2021, 6:11:40 PM
Can say with investment the skeleton mage build is amazing too. Roughly 110 ex in the build, but had to quit the league early due to real life constraint.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info