Fire Trap

Hello Devs at PoE

I was wondering if its just my computer or a bug in the game.

When im in places with spiders crawling up walls (i dont like spiders, too real)
im used to throwing down 3 fire traps and spamming lighting trap and i hold shift. And my game crashes.
it happens very frequently.
I was using this as a Witch for a while, since the burst damage of 3 at once on a single spot + casting other stuff as they go off is very effective (and theres is a lack of other fire spells). However, I was unhappily surprised when the gem levelled up to 5, I think, and suddenly required dex when before it had no requirements. I think it should either not require dex as it levels or there should be a token dex requirement at low levels just so people know you won't be able to continue using it later on with an int build.
Well it is a dex gem(green) so it will need dex.
"
Regarding the mana cost vs DPS:

I'm not sure this skill was designed to be used as a primary damage skill. If you search for "trap" in the passive skill tree there are only 6 nodes.

I agree. I am only in normal so this may be a bad tactic soon but using decoy totem and fire trap has worked well for me as a support skill because it keeps health and energy shields from regenerating and the damage over time is in general a nice complement to my main source of damage.

The frequent resetting of the number of the number of traps is pretty annoying however.
I be that potion mixin', spell castin', dragon ridin' wizard. Got a 3 foot hat with a 6 foot beard, and it's only gettin' bigger. Put a staff up in my hand, and I'll shrink you down to size. All I need is a tail of a newt and some platypus eyes.
Have been using fire trap as support spell since I got it in normal act 1. Great "cast and forget" skill for my dual wand CI shadow. It is useful against monster with high es recovery as well as when I need to kite a group of monsters. The damage scales pretty nicely, and with the dot I find the total damage dealt from a single trap laid is very satisfying. Only complain is probably that the burning ground does not receive any support gem effect at all, so I can't use added cold damage to chill enemy that passes through it. (not too big of a deal)
Alice_of_Wraeclast - Dagger CI Witch
Alice_MadnessReturns - Molten Strike AoF witch
Flavour Build concept taken from Alice: Madness Returns
Fire Trap also does not benefit from concentrated area support. I wonder why.
I confirmed that I am still in HC league. Then I died.
"
Targuil wrote:
Fire Trap also does not benefit from concentrated area support.
Fire trap has been fixed to work with area-based supports for 0.9.11.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Targuil wrote:

Yea I posted this in bug report too and I guess that would've been the correct place. Anyway thanks for the fast fix, can't wait to be able to boost already killer damage to completely new levels. :D
I confirmed that I am still in HC league. Then I died.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Targuil wrote:

Will this cause the DoT to increase in damage with Concentrated Effect, or will it just decrease in size?
That's a good question, I want to know this too.
Alice_of_Wraeclast - Dagger CI Witch
Alice_MadnessReturns - Molten Strike AoF witch
Flavour Build concept taken from Alice: Madness Returns

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info