Move character from standalone client to steam client?

is it possible to move a character that exists in my standalone client to the steam client?
Last bumped on Apr 4, 2024, 2:27:49 PM
I'm afraid it isn't possible to move characters between separate Path of Exile accounts. However, you could link a Steam account to your standalone account in order to access those characters through Steam. You should be able to link your Path of Exile account with your preferred Steam account here.

Please note that if your preferred Steam account has a different Path of Exile account linked with it already, that Path of Exile account may become inaccessible if you decide to link that Steam account to your standalone account.

If you need any further assistance with this, you are also welcome to contact our team at support@grindinggear.com
just to clarify. which account will become inaccesible? the steam account character or the standalone client character.

i have a character on the standalone client that i would like to keep, but want to access through steam to make use of steam wallet funds.
That would leave any Steam account characters inaccessible, but this would only happen if you have already created a Path of Exile account with your Steam account. You should get a warning when linking the accounts if that is the case.
thanks, sounds like it should be safe than
Well, I thought it sounded safe too, but lost my Steam character. The great people at Grinding Gears were able to retrieve the character for me, but now I have two characters. 1 on Steam and 1 on PoE website. How do I get both characters on Steam?
Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear about this. Could you please send us an email at support@grindinggear.com so that we may be able to assist you further?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info