What games do you guys play other than POE?

apex legends,and yakuza like a dragon now
atm i play civ6 bought the addons in the steam sale
Greetings Exile
"
FCK42 wrote:
Have been getting back into Terraria again lately. That game can suck you in for a long, LONG time if you're not careful. My 2nd most played game by now.

Indeed.

"Played a bit, its fun." - A steam review with over 5k hours.

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Been playing MH Rise, I don't think it's as good as MH World was, the one thing I like better about it is you get a dog instead of an annoyingly cheerful handler who talks too much. Also, don't like the sound track to the game, I ended up just muting it, especially that awful intro theme. Every cell in my body, down to the chromosomal level cringed when I first heard it. I very nearly almost stopped right there.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jun 11, 2021, 6:35:14 PM
Currently playing "Breath of the Wild" - got 3 of the 4 Divine Beasts and currently wandering the Gerudo Desert.
I downloaded the Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origins ps5 demo after seeing that train wreck of a trailer (CHAOS! CHAOS! WE ARE HERE TO KILL CHAOS!) and being unable to DL it for like a day (nothing drives desire like being unable to get something), ready to finally be part of a true Squeenix disaster. I held my nose, clicked 'play'...and saw it had a Japanese voice option. Well, that took care of the terrible dubbing/hammy voice acting problem.

Turns out the main character is voiced by one of my absolute favourite JP voice actors, so that made things a hell of a lot smoother. And your gear completely changes your appearance, so I'd forgotten I was playing Whitebread Xboxdude as soon as I was wearing black mage gear and throwing goblins around with Aeroga...which is very satisfying.

Definitely one of the worst trailers for one of the best demos I've played.

I knew it was going to be basically Final Fantasy x Nioh since it was Team Ninja behind it, which sounded like a bit of fun to me. Alpha-level graphics/optimisation aside, it is a fucking blast. A full FF job/item system by way of Nioh with FF1 music arrangements? I'm not sure this is a day one purchase -- that'll depend on how future updates go regarding the graphics -- but I've been robbed of a good shitshow experience. Spent most of the night going through it, at first horrified at the tutorial (it's...so...bad) but then slowly attuning to the feel and finally picking a save point at which to grind the same 3-4 monsters to max out job levels in true FF fashion.

Watching early bird journalists struggle with the demo's final boss made it much easier for me to enjoy doing the same. I'm sure Souls/Sekiro/Nioh vets won't have much trouble with him but a casual gamer...yeesh. This isn't Final Fantasy-level Nioh. It's Nioh-level Final Fantasy.

But yeah, the idea of playing, say, a Monk/Black Mage hybrid through a Nioh-style FF1 is really, really appealing to me. I am eager to see what this game is really like, from its beginning. We're slinging 'ga' spells, using 3 distinct jobs (warrior, dragoon, and black mage) and facing CHAOS(?) in the demo within an hour, and either that's serious in media res or a possible 'flashforward' prologue. Or flashback. Either way, something tells me the demo isn't the start of the game. And given it's Nomura and Nojima, I don't think it's going to be light on the deep cut FF1 lore either...

This might be the most unusual and intriguing non-core FF game since Dissidia. But it's got a long way to go.

__

As for actual playing? MHW (switched to bow this week after 200 hours of Insect Glaive), E:D, NMS, Fate Extella/Link, Division...whatever I enjoy and wanted to see if it 'improved' performance-wise. I thought I'd be all over the Demons Souls remake but frankly it's kind of daunting. One day I'll load it up and then I just won't stop. One day.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
apex legends
eso, lost ark
Wildermyth. Google it. It's amazing. The amount of pure story in that game blows my mind.

Also I grabbed the 4k remaster of Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance on ps5. It's shocking how good it looks considering it's a PS2 ARPG from 2001. That's basically 10 years before Path of Exile was even in closed beta. I loved how low key and low power it was then and I still love it now. 3rd Ed ruled so hard.

The 4k remaster of Amalur is also shiny but honestly it just looks like a proper PC port now.

....finally a few friends dragged me into trying PSO2 New Genesis. Yeeeah...I dunno. Kinda sucks with mouse and keyboard. Servers are sketchy. And it's a free to play which means sooner or later the real cost of playing will reveal itself. Still. It was fun to make KOSMOS because as I like her much more than 2B.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Jun 23, 2021, 4:28:56 AM
I received Dorfromantik for Father's Day (thanks to my Mrs.), great fun.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info